Old
  (#76)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-31-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Shame on me. We were looking for a puppy and found one online on Facebook that we liked. After much communication back and forth including phone calls, we made a deal for $600 that included shipping. The seller was out of state and I was wary at first but after hours of talking I agreed to the deal. I told him I would pay him via Paypal but he wanted me to overnight a bank check or money order. I told him I would not do that, and then he informed me his wife had a paypal account but would I send it to F&F. Stupid me was tired of all the back and forth and my wife really wanted the little dog (they had sent us many photos and even a video).

I sent them the money on Paypal and lo and behold I got burned! I contacted Paypal and they told me I had no recourse with them. I felt like the world's biggest fool. The next day I contacted my local FBI office (money did cross state lines) and was informed that the "puppy mill scandal" is one of the biggest, and they get reports similar to mine every day (they did take a full report from me). At that point all I could do was inform the folks at FB about what was going on and they took the account down the next day. I have to wonder how many people they scammed at five or six hundred a pop before they got shut down. Karma is a MF'er though and they will get their's one way or another.

Let the buyer beware I said and then I got burned. How smart am I ? Be careful and listen to the advice you were given by Maha above. He knew better than me.
P.S. This just happened a few weeks ago. I wasn't anxious to brag about it.
I know people see a check as an outdated method of payment but it gives you a physical address and it's mail fraud if they rip you off. Easier for the Postal Inspection Service in the area you mailed the check to because they have a physical address to investigate. Con artists can give paypal a vacant house as an address.

I use paypal for small purchases but for a deal like that I'd ask for a physical address to mail a check to - and your seller would probably balk at that idea which is a clue it's a rip off.

Old
  (#77)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-31-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
I know people see a check as an outdated method of payment but it gives you a physical address and it's mail fraud if they rip you off. Easier for the Postal Inspection Service in the area you mailed the check to because they have a physical address to investigate. Con artists can give paypal a vacant house as an address.

I use paypal for small purchases but for a deal like that I'd ask for a physical address to mail a check to - and your seller would probably balk at that idea which is a clue it's a rip off.
Even if a person has a Post Office Box they are catchable. Real deal is most people are not dishonest.

Bad Apples make it bad for everyone.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#78)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 08:35 AM

dealing with any stranger you should always have a permanent address you can look up for info about them. and a phone number you can use to check on them. its not hard to find out much about a person to see if they are legit or not. you can even ask for a reference from someone in a brick and mortar business that you can call after google it. or from someone on here you trust that knows him personally.
if they wont supply that well you know what happens next.

Old
  (#79)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-31-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Even if a person has a Post Office Box they are catchable
What I like to do is wait around for them to get their mail, then tackle them.
That's how I catch'em

player...Paul Mottey, Joel Hercek, Larry Vigus
player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Tascarella
player...A-E, Lomax, Eddie Cohen Terry McFadden
player...Harvey Martin, Bob Frey, Kent Davis, Runde
player...Bob Owen, Paul Drexler, Woodworth
player...Dave Jones, Predator, Loveland Customs
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#80)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-31-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick serdula View Post
I bought a cue for 2K. I told the seller it was pretty but I would look at the next day. The next day I tell the seller the cue is not right. The third day I tell him I am sending your cue back. He says he refuses to refund my money. Has he committed fraud by selling me a cue that is not as described and refusing to refund my money? Telling me that is what he paid and tough sh&t.
Nick, are you going to address Cue Hunter's complaint? Apparently you sold him a Scruggs, included non-original shafts by mistake and promised him a $200 refund that was not paid.

You have no legal obligation to pay him because the statute of limitations expired 4 years ago. What is your recollection of the event? You previously said it never happened, is that still the case? If it did happen as he said, would you consider refunding him because that's the right thing to do?

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 05-31-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Old
  (#81)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Nick, are you going to address Cue Hunter's complaint? Apparently you sold him a Scruggs, included non-original shafts by mistake and promised him a $200 refund that was not paid.

What is your recollection?
I'd like clarification on Nick saying this guy was selling a fake Scruggs, seems in bad taste to leave everyone hanging after putting the guy on blast.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=510144

I see this might not be a isolated occurance, ideologist said he was also banned from Scrugs fb group for calling cues fake and not providing any reason or proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureman183 View Post
this ain't Nick's first rodeo, but he does get bucked off quite often. he said mine was a fake for a month, until he seen Bob Frey's signature on repair, never got an apology
from him, for trashing my Scruggs, oh well some get a thrill out of becoming a..es

Old
  (#82)
Bob Farr
AzB Silver Member

Bob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond reputeBob Farr has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
That is not entirely so , Some Sellers do the Friends and Family because they sold the item at a loss and do not want to lose anymore than they have to in fee's. You take a item that you have $ 125 in and you sell for $ 100 then you already lost $ 25 why would you want to lose anymore in fees. I have had sellers ask me to do this and have had zero issues with it. Now if you buying say a big money item , then I could see not wanting to. If you paying $ 500 or more the guy can afford to pay fees I would assume . Not everybody's a Thief , and that is not a true sign you are getting screwed.
Then don’t use PayPal. That’s how they make money to pay their expenses. Duh.
You think the should just provide all the service they provide for free? I missed that lesson in business school. Just sayin.

Old
  (#83)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Farr View Post
Then don’t use PayPal. That’s how they make money to pay their expenses. Duh.
You think the should just provide all the service they provide for free? I missed that lesson in business school. Just sayin.

I was saying this in Reference to sellers who have asked me to do this and have not been took. But only on small purchases under $100. I would not advise anyone to do this as this your choice. I only stated this as I have had sellers here who have asked me to do this and they followed thru. If you don't want to then Don't. Duh , Just sayin.

Old
  (#84)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
I was saying this in Reference to sellers who have asked me to do this and have not been took. But only on small purchases under $100. I would not advise anyone to do this as this your choice. I only stated this as I have had sellers here who have asked me to do this and they followed thru. If you don't want to then Don't. Duh , Just sayin.
People scamming the friends and family option will eventually ruin it for everyone, be it the option being done away with or increasing their fees.

I wouldn't buy from someone who sold stuff f&f, if they will screw ebay, why wouldn't they screw you?
Cheap asses if you ask me.

I cringe seeing cues in the for sale section advertised with the f&f option, just folks out to take advantage of the system, then folks like you who enable them.

Just saying...

Old
  (#85)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
...But only on small purchases under $100.
That does not make it excusable. How long could the remain solvent if everybody did it "only on small purchases under $100".

But you're a maverick that rules don't apply to.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#86)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
Hunting coons can be quite profitable besides being an entertaining sport. There was a fellow over Alabama way best I recall that was selling finished coon dogs for $2500 a pop many years ago. Advertised in national magazines and such and sold a bunch of dogs, or one dog a bunch of times. Then he went to the pound and grabbed every dog they would let him have. Shipped them all over the US and then ducked underground. That little deal grossed two-hundred thousand or so, not talking small change! A friend of a friend bought one of those $2500 mongrels. Since they bought a dog and received a dog authorities on either end weren't helpful at all.

As the FBI told you, you aren't the only one getting conned in the puppy game. Now that DNA testing is possible I suspect half the bloodlines in the AKA records won't check out. Some studs are on record for siring puppies when they were never within 500 miles of the gyp! I had a well bred ChowChow back when they were rare. I could have made three or four thousand a year just letting people use his name and number. Not gonna happen!

A cousin gave five hundred cash for a local supposed to be first class coon dog. He called me to ride when he tried him. Damned dog jumped a hot trail with a raccoon in sight less than a hundred yards away. The dog took off in the other direction backtrailing and never figured things out. Those woods were full of coons and I think the dog might have been going from trail to trail. Whatever, he never treed anything. I told my cousin about daylight we had better find that SOB to go get his money back first thing.

Louisiana law was that you had to have at least one dog to go hunting raccoons. An aunt had some little furry puppies one cold night. I was going to borrow one or two as hand warmers and to pull out when the game warden asked me about my dogs. Problem was I knew the game warden well, his wife worked in my grandmother's store and his son was one of my best friends. I knew the warden had zero sense of humor when it came to his job. My aunt was willing but I didn't go jacklighting with the three week old puppies!

I have driven six hundred miles or so to buy a puppy. So easy to bait and switch I want to see what I am buying. A good chance your seller used stolen images and video and never had the puppy.

Hu
By any chance was the seller named Willie Earnest, from Parrish or Berry, Alabama?

Really
Old
  (#87)
nick serdula
AzB Gold Member
nick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond reputenick serdula has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Really - 05-31-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCueHunter View Post
You’re a liar. It was Christmas Day and it had blue and green veneers I believe. You lied to me and then screwed me. If money isn’t an issue then PayPal me back the $200 you said you would
Carsly3388@gmail.com

Oh and here’s the thread toolbag...... https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...hlight=Scruggs

Eight years ago you say. And now long after you sell it not me there is issues? Why now do you say I wronged you? Why not when you bought the cue. All this is news to me. I would have bought the cue right back. Now eight years later you sound like a nut. Anything that happened to that cue after you owned that cue is subject to the question right buddy it was me. not you. And the 100 people that left feedback are all nuts too.
I had a bad feedback for refusing to use paypal and one someone else swapping out shafts a year later saying it was me.
It wasn't
.Why do I not have the cue? You didn't return it.
Tim and Bob did rework non Scruggs shafts to a cue for me saying they were fine after they were reworked.
Argue with them and me too.
I call BS
Nick

Old
  (#88)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-31-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick serdula View Post
Eight years ago you say. And now long after you sell it not me there is issues? Why now do you say I wronged you? Why not when you bought the cue. All this is news to me. I would have bought the cue right back. Now eight years later you sound like a nut. Anything that happened to that cue after you owned that cue is subject to the question right buddy it was me. not you. And the 100 people that left feedback are all nuts too.
I had a bad feedback for refusing to use paypal and one someone else swapping out shafts a year later saying it was me.
It wasn't
.Why do I not have the cue? You didn't return it.
Tim and Bob did rework non Scruggs shafts to a cue for me saying they were fine after they were reworked.
Argue with them and me too.
I call BS
Nick
Eight years is a long time to ponder buyer remorse. JMHO

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

I don't have a clue
Old
  (#89)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a clue - 05-31-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rosato View Post
By any chance was the seller named Willie Earnest, from Parrish or Berry, Alabama?

This was in the mid-eighties and I wasn't directly involved. I think the seller was infamous nationwide for awhile but I didn't follow up as to what happened. Pretty sure the guy that received a dog that I knew of never saw a penny back and had to find a home for a pot licker that wasn't even a hound!

Berry Alabama seems to ring a bell for some reason but I don't know if it was anything to do with this deal. This was just a hot topic when a bunch of hunters were standing around a heater gabbing. I doubt the guy sold under his real name but I guess the money came in checks and money orders so maybe he did. Information traveled a lot slower back then.

Hu

Not always the seller
Old
  (#90)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute

Not always the seller - 05-31-2020, 01:27 PM

I had a guy that bought a Predator Skotka 2 from me for $1600. The stick was perfect and had a new never shot with Predator 314 shaft with it. He paid via paypal, so I ate the $90 fee for that. The stick was in like new condition and sells for over $2400 new. It was a limited edition of 50.

Well, the guy got the stick and said that it was damaged and sent me a picture of a small blemish on the butt of the stick. When I say small it was less than .1 of an inch. He demanded that I pay $250 to get the stick refinished. When I said "Just send it back and I will give you a refund", He filled a dispute with paypal and they withdrew the money from my account. When I contacted paypal and told them I am willing to do a refund, but I want the stick back, they put a hold on the funds until it was resolved. (I actually need the money).

So when I ask he for the stick back, he said he would just keep it. I told him he needed to let paypal know so they would release the money, he said he would not do that. I talked to paypal and it took me two months for them to release the funds. Really put my poor butt in a bind.

Regards, Tom Ashworth
https://tomashworth.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator Roadline 12.4 Revo Shaft
  • Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
  • Jump Cue: Viking JMP2
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7
  • Table : Connelly 4'x8'

Page 6 of 10 « First 456 78 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: