Long Straight In Draw Shot

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an update to my years old saga with the subject.

I'm still bad with them. Any instructors offer any help?

r/DCP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an update to my years old saga with the subject.

I'm still bad with them. Any instructors offer any help?

r/DCP
i would recommend personal observation
rather than internet advice for this specific problem

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Step 1...learn how to use your phone (Caution: this means you will actually have to leave your house and drive 50 miles to Bloomington). ALL I-phones, even older ones, and any other android phone has to capability to record video...which can be uploaded and posted in a thread here.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I don't think I have the capability to do that. My iPhone is 6.5 years old.

DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Step 1...learn how to use your phone (Caution: this means you will actually have to leave your house and drive 50 miles to Bloomington). ALL I-phones, even older ones, and any other android phone has to capability to record video...which can be uploaded and posted in a thread here.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Seriously? ALL iPhones? Mine is a 3G that I got around Labor Day of 2009.

And I leave the house quite often. A couple of Saturdays ago I drove over to New Washington High School (2 hours 10 minutes) to watch/scout the sectional final game. However, I did get lost both coming and going..:eek:

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you practice this kind of shot?

I practice the way Tom Rossman recommended on troublesome shots. Progressively. I set up the OB about 2-3 diamonds out and the CB about a diamond from the OB. I make 5 in a row and then move the CB back a diamond. Then if I make 5 in a row I move back another diamond.

Its when I get far away (4-5 diamonds from the OB) that I start to have real problems.

DCP

ps - now back to Perry Mason and my cigar.

Last edited:

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from personal experience if ur a healthy male a qualified instructor should have u squared away in an hour or so and ur frustrations will cease Amen:D

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
"healthy male"?

from personal experience if ur a healthy male a qualified instructor should have u squared away in an hour or so and ur frustrations will cease Amen:D

How long would it take for a "healthy female"?

Or are women just too inferior to learn?

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Hitting the shot too hard kills draw in several ways. Depending on table conditions (and nerves/anxiety) it might mean gripping a LITTLE harder than normal, as a "3" on a scale up to "10" for a long straight draw. For some players, they will need to loosen a bit more and relax a bit more.

If there is room to fudge with aim/thickness of hit--and there usually is, a little TOI will let you pound the ball hard enough to get some awesome draw as well.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Hit it lower than you're currently hitting it and 1/2 as hard. See how that works.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long would it take for a "healthy female"?

Or are women just too inferior to learn?

He said from personal experience meaning he is a male with no health issues. I gather he had the same problem and an hour with a qualified instructor fixed the issue for him.

It would take the same amount of time for a healthy female if she got instruction from a qualified instructor.....

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How far are you trying to draw the cue ball? Do you get better at the shot when you practice this way?

All the way back to the end rail.

And I just started using the progressive idea the last few days.

I was told by one of the greatest players of all time that you can see how your stroke is by noticing how the CB comes back.

r/DCP