Old
  (#31)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-25-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
Where are you looking when you pull the trigger?
The CB of course. What else would one look at. That OB aint going anywhere.

r/DCP

Playing Cue: Chad Carter Custom - Bloodwood & Holly
Break Cue: Schon butt/Chad Carter shaft
Table: Gold Crown IV
Cloth: Simonis 860 Apple Green

Old
  (#32)
Philthepockets
AzB Silver Member
Philthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege View Post
The CB of course. What else would one look at. That OB aint going anywhere.

r/DCP
It's obviously not going in the pocket
Not going to get into a long how and why I will just say the most accurate potters on the planet would not use your method and you are the one having an issue pocketing a ball at a relatively short distance so I will leave it up to you to decide if you want to improve your skills by doing it the proven way.
Good luck with your game.

" Reduce expectations to avoid disappointment"

Old
  (#33)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 11:34 AM

It doesn't matter which ball you're looking at last if you're twisting your grip hand. Check your knuckles before and after you stroke. Are they in the same place? They should be.

Old
  (#34)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond reputeDrCue'sProtege has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
you are the one having an issue pocketing a ball at a relatively short distance. by doing it the proven way.
Who said I am having an issue pocketing the short draw shot? You obviously didn't read the thread.

And that 2nd part, about the proven way, really made me laugh. I guess you haven't seen the countless threads on here about what to look at last huh?

r/DCP

Last edited by DrCue'sProtege; 03-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Old
  (#35)
Philthepockets
AzB Silver Member
Philthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond reputePhilthepockets has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Who said I am having an issue pocketing the short draw shot? You obviously didn't read the thread.

And that 2nd part, about the proven way, really made me laugh. I guess you haven't seen the countless threads on here about what to look at last huh?

r/DCP
Your shot on a 9ft table is relatively short and yes I have seen many silly threads on here, not sure what that has to do with anything.

If you really want to improve and learn to play with a high degree of accuracy there is a better way if you stop taking the advice of B players.
Here is an eye pattern with some variations as to how may warm up strokes you choose but the basics are CB-OB-CB-OB-CB-pull back pause-OB-follow through, as done by the best potters in the world and multi world champions some even throw in an extra look at the pocket somewhere but always rest on the OB last, this is is a proven method so why you would laugh at it I have no idea. Here is Nic Barrow explaining a couple of patterns https://youtu.be/8A9MVtEAIOQ

I'll bow out of your thread now but hey I am just stating some facts you can use it or do whatever but it really stumps me as to why American pool players are so dismissive and unwilling to change when it comes to learning sound proven fundamental techniques,

" Reduce expectations to avoid disappointment"

Old
  (#36)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-25-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Bob,
On your 5C drill, I want to be sure I am seeing the diagram right. It looks like there is a slight angle and when you draw it back the CB will come back and to the right a little to get onto the paper.

Or is it just a straight back draw drill?

Mike
You have to pick exactly the right small angle to get to the square.

On old cloth or with dirty balls that don't draw well, the shot is very hard when the object ball gets past 3 or 4 diamonds from the cue ball.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#37)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

03-26-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
It doesn't matter which ball you're looking at last if you're twisting your grip hand. Check your knuckles before and after you stroke. Are they in the same place? They should be.
I think a big issue for me is that I simply don't know if I am aiming straight/properly or not. I have no idea, when I address the CB, if I am aiming it straight at the OB. On shorter straight-in draw shots this isn't critical. On longer straight-in draw shots this is absolutely critical.

r/DCP

Old
  (#38)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I think a big issue for me is that I simply don't know if I am aiming straight/properly or not. I have no idea, when I address the CB, if I am aiming it straight at the OB. On shorter straight-in draw shots this isn't critical. On longer straight-in draw shots this is absolutely critical.

r/DCP
It's a good idea to use a process of elimination when troubleshooting your game. Doing the test I recommended about checking your knuckles won't hurt anything. It will tell you if you're twisting or not. If you're not, then you can eliminate that as a possibility.

Old
  (#39)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

04-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Could the dominant eye issue be causing my problems here?

r/DCP

Old
  (#40)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member

04-07-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:

r/DCP
Sure. It's possible. You really need to get with someone who can troubleshoot your game --- I mean someone who really knows what they're doing.

You can do it yourself, but I warn you --- it's hard. I did it myself back when I was playing on the WPBA tour. I tore my game apart inch by inch and put it back together. There was a lot of trial and error and a lot of failures before I found what worked.

Old
  (#41)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:

r/DCP
I'd PM Gene Albrecht & set up a phone 'lesson' when you can be at a table.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

Old
  (#42)
SmoothStroke
AzB Silver Member
SmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothStroke has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 03:38 AM

It is possible you are delivering off course. You may try to shorten your backswing and use more of a short stroke technique. Don't jerk or quick stroke, a shorter pull, pause, deliver smooth and let the follow through complete naturally on its own.

A long bridge is fine, just pull back less. You could try a shorter bridge but you don't want to choke the stroke. It's not that difficult. Make sure your feet are consistent.

I almost made that shot.
You don't know what you don't know until you know it.

Old
  (#43)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 04:23 AM

Diagnosing this problem on the internet is like me calling my doctor to tell him I have a pain in my leg.

See an instructor. I read in another thread that you visited with Nick Varner recently, about kicking systems, maybe another visit to him is in order.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#44)
ENGLISH!
Banned
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 08:54 AM

Even if one's stroke is perfect & you are not seeing properly for pool you will not be consistent.

You can NOT set up properly nor stroke properly if your eyes or eye is leading you astray.

The first thing to check is your eyes.

If they are off then that is the first thing that needs to be fixed.

IMO, Gene Albrecht is the best thing for a pool player...

even if to just make sure that one does NOT have an issue in that area.

Once one knows that the eyes are seeing properly, one can address other issues properly IF they exists.

Just food for thought.

Old
  (#45)
DrCue'sProtege
AzB Silver Member

04-08-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I'd PM Gene Albrecht & set up a phone 'lesson' when you can be at a table.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick
What is Gene Albrecht going to do for me over the phone?

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: