:: Copper, Silver & Ivory - Guess the Maker ? ::

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive,
I am sorry if I offended you. I apologize as that was never my intention. You have a great cue being made and I hope you are pleased with it. It is extremely well detailed, deigned and the final execution I am certain will be spectacular. Congratulations and please accept my sincere apology,
Phil

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My intention has always been to let the cue be the center of attention which is why I added photos that way.

Personally I'm disturbed that I'm being told what to do on a cue I own and a thread I started as something fun. There has never been a rule on how these Guess the Maker threads should be held or a timeline on when the maker Must be disclosed.

Originally I wanted to disclose after a few days of posting but I know the cue looks so much better completed. I thought it would really be way cooler to photograph the cue completed when it's in my hands where I can show all the details and do more justice to this cue and the cue maker's fine work and at the end of it get the effect of "Oh so he made it!". It'll never be "Oh so Jive owns it". Think about the past few cue of the year nominations and winners, do you remember who owns which cue or just the cue and who made it?

I understand the curious minds but really to be rude when I simply took the time to do something fun and share with the forum is slightly disappointing.

Most of the guesses were correct. Cue is being made by Kenny Murrell.

No one is telling you what to do. No one is saying you can't let a thread like this run three weeks. But typically when you invite people to "guess who", it's followed with an answer.

As much as you have every right to be shocked and offended that some people objected to the "I'm not gonna tell" tactic, other people have every right to dislike the "I'm not gonna tell" tactic.

Regardless, it looks like you have a beautiful cue and a COTY contender in the works. Congrats!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Jive,

I am sorry if I offended you. I apologize as that was never my intention. You have a great cue being made and I hope you are pleased with it. It is extremely well detailed, deigned and the final execution I am certain will be spectacular. Congratulations and please accept my sincere apology,

Phil

Thanks Phil, I wanted to be the bigger person and say no apology was even needed but it did calm my petty soul :)
Thanks for your kind words and keep well.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jive, I liked your cue so much I let myself get too enthusiastic. I think the design shows fantastic creation, well thought out and is exceptionally tastefully detailed. I in no way meant to offend you and always look forward to seeing your cues and comments. I am glad you can accept my apology and look forward to the final execution.
all the best,
Phil

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That the most ugliest 1 of 1 Murrell I ever seen :grin-square::grin-square:
Just tell Kenny ship the cue to me, I will keep it for you buddy ;) :thumbup: ;) :thumbup:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Thanks Jive, I liked your cue so much I let myself get too enthusiastic. I think the design shows fantastic creation, well thought out and is exceptionally tastefully detailed. I in no way meant to offend you and always look forward to seeing your cues and comments. I am glad you can accept my apology and look forward to the final execution.
all the best,
Phil

I'm good Phil, no worries there. Perhaps it was that time of the month for me :roll eyes:
I'll be sure to take loads of photographs and share when i receive this cue. Meanwhile, happy shooting!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
That the most ugliest 1 of 1 Murrell I ever seen :grin-square::grin-square:
Just tell Kenny ship the cue to me, I will keep it for you buddy ;) :thumbup: ;) :thumbup:

Ship to you? To hang diapers with? :rolleyes: