Any word from Dennis Searing....

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried one of these posts in 2014.... lol..... still haven’t heard from him. Any of the cue dealers here have him on speed dial? If so , have him call Jim Sexton. Or just send me an email..... I send him an email every January... no resolve unfortunately...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I've been on Dennis' list since December 2008. I periodically write an email as well.

I hope one day to get an email back that my cue is ready to be built, but . . . shrug.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was promised a cue about 15 years ago
i figured since i last talked to him when he was at barry;s that
a common friend might get him to at least tell me it wasn't ever coming

so when a common friend didn't help ,i put less faith in common decency and i have not been disappointed with his terrible service,reports or cues

i would not take one of his cues if he called, i never saw but one box cue that i thought was actually pretty

people say they are quality but i just don't know enough about cues to see it myself

you are wasting your time thinking about this in my mind

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is in vogue, he sells everything he builds, it's a sellers market. He is the seller.

Yeah, but if you put people on a list then you should follow through. I know a guy who emailed him, and had a cue the same year. He schmoozed him up and down, I'm sure...and had a great cue, quick. It was nuts. I think even Nick Varner had to wait like 6 or 7 years for his Searing cue to be made.

Dennis responded to emails when I got on his list (I thought I was on a list) back in 2004/5. He didn't respond when I wrote in 2007 asking if I was "still on track for a cue next year" HAHAHAHA....guess he promised a 3 year wait originally? He didn't respond in 2008, or 2011 either. Had to try a few more times, right? LMAO!

I also got on Southwest's list in 2005 (who is currently building my cue - and responded to every annual email with an update. Thanks for your professionalism, Lauri).

Also spoke to Barry Szamboti and got on his list in early 2000s. Jimbo from Jimbo's Army got me in touch with him, LOL...…I think Jimbo was flexing his connections, but I appreciated it. IT was cool talking to Barry on the phone for a few minutes, but I think I knew then, the chance of actually getting a cue were zero to none unless I was ready to drop some serious coin. (BTW, Barry if you're reading this - I'm ready to drop some coin for a cue if you're ready! :) )

I get it. Money talks. One out of three ain't bad!

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member

so when a common friend didn't help ,i put less faith in common decency and i have not been disappointed with his terrible service,reports or cues

i would not take one of his cues if he called, i never saw but one box cue that i thought was actually pretty

people say they are quality but i just don't know enough about cues to see it myself

Your personal butt hurt is shining through in this post, lets take it easy slandering one the best cue makers in the world. What a joke you are becoming on this forum.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He must be too busy golfing to make cues. I'm surprised more people haven't spoken up other than passing shots. I guess they figured all the nut huggers would come out of the wood work to defend him.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My mother use to say judge people by what they say & do, v/s what they promise. Promises means zero with out actions make then into actions.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

And you wonder why you're never getting a cue.

If you cant look at a Searing and know that nobody builds a higher quality cue, you aren't fit to ever have an opinion on what quality is

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He must be too busy golfing to make cues. I'm surprised more people haven't spoken up other than passing shots. I guess they figured all the nut huggers would come out of the wood work to defend him.

Somebody else who has no idea what they are talking about. Good for you.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
And you wonder why you're never getting a cue.

If you cant look at a Searing and know that nobody builds a higher quality cue, you aren't fit to ever have an opinion on what quality is

Well if Dennis Searing made the very best Nurosurgical Surgical Instraments, those great tools in a person hands without much medical training would be nothing special.

I often wonder how many of these Cue I call high dollar Cues, actually ever get played with?

My player is a Titlist Conversion but a little know hobby builder. Some days it is a magic wand, other day it don't play very well. It not the Cues fault it the inconsistant old farts whos has left and right hand is using the tool.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis makes the best playing pool cues on the planet.... Barr none..... Unfortunately I feel he has stolen my property and is making no effort to rectify the situation. I’ve known Dennis a long time, I’ve been to his shop a couple times. I’ve played rounds of golf with the man. No matter what “issues” he has , it is no reason not to keep some type of communication up on a ridiculously long repair problem.... I mean we are pushing 12 fuc*%#* years here. He may be hoping for my death??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Classless. YOU continue to disappoint

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the Glen thread, this is more like it. People coming out of the woodwork to praise and defend someone who doesn't deliver on his promises to customers, so as not to lose their own place on the list and defend the value of their cue "investments" :thumbup:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
After the Glen thread, this is more like it. People coming out of the woodwork to praise and defend someone who doesn't deliver on his promises to customers, so as not to lose their own place on the list and defend the value of their cue "investments" :thumbup:

I havent seen anybody "defend" him, can you point it out?