JB Case too deep

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a new JB Ultimate Rugged 2/3 that seems too deep. My cues/shafts are the standard 29" but they sit really deep even with JP's.
Is there any spacers that can be used, maybe cut dowels of correct diameter or is there something better?
It's too tight to think of using any kind of sleeve.
I have another JB 2/3 that is 1" shorter than the new one, (outside length).
On the older case the interior comes out and I put a couple office clips on the bottom to let the cues/shafts sit higher. The interior doesn't seem to come out of the new case.
Any suggestions?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
How much do need to shorten? You might give the expert a call, or e-mail JBCase, I am sure he has ideas for some spacer that you could remove it you need to remove at later date.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to Home Depot and get two dowels, one for the butts and one for the shafts. Do I need to tell you how to measure and cut?

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a new JB Ultimate Rugged 2/3 that seems too deep. My cues/shafts are the standard 29" but they sit really deep even with JP's.
Is there any spacers that can be used, maybe cut dowels of correct diameter or is there something better?
On the older case the interior comes out and I put a couple office clips on the bottom to let the cues/shafts sit higher. The interior doesn't seem to come out of the new case.
Any suggestions?

Get two small rubber balls and drop them into the bottom.

randyg

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago, folks used to roll up paper balls to put in the bottom.

Just trying to help.

Ken

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WAIT....WAIT
I've got a FIX!!

K O T E X - it's just a tube of cotton.
Measure how much space you need to subtract, cut the cotton cylinder with a scissor, push it to the bottom of case.

Better than wood dowels, better than automotive fuel line, and it's sexy.
Girls at the poolroom will gather to talk about it.
you'll be FAMOUS :grin-square:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Home Depot and get two dowels, one for the butts and one for the shafts. Do I need to tell you how to measure and cut?

That seems like terrible advice to me.
You are dropping your shafts tips down getting chalk on the case, or dropping shaft with the joint down with the collar or joint protectors hitting a piece of wood? Might work great cause the interior is snug, but I sure wouldn't do it.

Please explain how to measure and cut, maybe that will be better advice.

Last edited:

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Custom JP's

Not the fastest solution but probably the safest.

20200322_185048.jpg

20200322_185122.jpg

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
Backer rod from Home Depot, or I can send you some of these from my cases.

Attachments

• 07B955E5-67A1-4D03-90EF-1BC92584BF09.jpeg
    07B955E5-67A1-4D03-90EF-1BC92584BF09.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 591

ssminn

Registered
I found springs at the hardware store that would fit inside the tubes, a little smaller than the tube diameter, the same hardware store also had small small corks the would fit inside the spring to contact the shaft or butt. Cut the springs to length, put the shaft down the tube, measure the spring length needed above the shaft, it should be correct when dropped down the tube, allow for the cork size. When cut to the correct length the shaft will compress the spring when the case is closed and pop up a bit when you open the case.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, hated to read that as I have a Rugged on order. Anyone else with the problem?

I know there are solutions but with their experience and reputation there should be no solutions needed.

Have you contacted them? My experience with Asia on the phone was excellent.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't order from them to go through any of these solutions. Has anyone received a Rugged that came without this problem? At this point I am calling them tomorrow and questioning them & if not satisfied I am cancelling and calling my credit card company.

It is not a lot of money but I got it having & running a company that didn't allow BS like this to happen to any of my customers!

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Any suggestions?
I have been using wood dowels for years with Zero issues !
I even put my mid cue extension in with a long dowel
,As long as diameter is close dowel will fall straight in if you dont like it turn case over and it falls out