Book Finally Coming?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a pro that is being named to be using CTE still be using CTE when he bends over and lines up the contact point of the money ball to the pocket ?
It's the last ball on the table and it's a relatively easy shot for them.

How about when he points the stick to the contact point when he's shooting a combo ? Is he still using CTE ?

Take it easy, Joey. You might confuse them.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would a pro that is being named to be using CTE still be using CTE when he bends over and lines up the contact point of the money ball to the pocket ?
It's the last ball on the table and it's a relatively easy shot for them.

How about when he points the stick to the contact point when he's shooting a combo ? Is he still using CTE ?

Sure.

CTE PRO ONE can be used for combinations.

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not the question .

Why would a pro claiming he's using CTE have to bend over and check the contact point or line up the shot ?

Another question is whether Stan intentionally misunderstood your obvious point or not. Either way, not a good look.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not the question .

Why would a pro claiming he's using CTE have to bend over and check the contact point or line up the shot ?

Pointing one’s cue or looking at a perceived contact point does not adversely effect the CTE process in any way. The idea around the table is to keep the mind’s eye always busy.
Even if a seasoned CTE player wanted to dismiss a CTE alignment in favor of a contact point alignment, he couldn’t because of the underlying nature of professional aiming.
Great topic for Stan’s Truth Series. Want the lowdown? Remind him.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look who's talking.

pj <- who's talking?
chgo

Mr. Johnson,

Where has all of this physics and science genius crap on AZB gotten YOU in the real world of playing pool? How many large tournaments have you won or placed in over the years? How many tournaments of magnitude have you ever had the nerve to even play in? What is your standing in league play or local stuff or are you just a basement warrior at the table in your house and an internet keyboard forum wizard?

Are any of you as Aiming Police certified as instructors in any recognized professional organizations? How many players have you taught and at what level...beginners, intermediate, very good amateurs, pro level?

You, PJ, have never so much as made one live video in 22 years showing what you’re talking about and illustrating it live on the table. You, sir, like all of the Aiming Police are genius keyboard warriors that know more about how to play pool, what's right what's wrong, what works what doesn't work, and the greatest wordsmiths on the planet to denounce everything you don't believe in which is primarily CTE PRO ONE and what Stan teaches.

The big difference between The Aiming Police and Stan is that Stan has written a book, made DVDs, created hundreds of videos on youtube for free, played in major tournaments and events, won tournaments against the best players in the world while working full time as an educator, and has the certification from the PBIA at the highest level. And most importantly Stan has taught players at every level of play including a good number of pro players to include a top USA Mosconi Cup player and other hopefuls for making their first appearance.

So once again, Mr. Johnson, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos TO EXPLAIN THE SYSTEM PROCESS. But we know why you won’t, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool.This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.
You don't and you aren't.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Pointing one’s cue or looking at a perceived contact point does not adversely effect the CTE process in any way. The idea around the table is to keep the mind’s eye always busy.
Even if a seasoned CTE player wanted to dismiss a CTE alignment in favor of a contact point alignment, he couldn’t because of the underlying nature of professional aiming.

Connie Shuffett

CTE takes you to the shot line.
Eyes lead, body follows.
There is no need to see the contact point .
And there is no need to walk around the table when it's an open shot.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE takes you to the shot line.
Eyes lead, body follows.
There is no need to see the contact point .
And there is no need to walk around the table when it's an open shot.

That’s absolutely 100% true, but in no way is it a requirement to not take a gander at the feel line if the desire is there.

Connie Shuffett

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You, sir, like all of the Aiming Police ... denounce everything you don't believe in which is primarily CTE PRO ONE and what Stan teaches.
The only thing I "denounce" is making obviously illogical marketing claims with no support or defense other than "you just don't get it!" (+ assorted insults).

I can see how a system you need to "believe in" can appeal to some players - and I actually wish you well in reaching them. But I agree with what others here have said: you're your own worst advertising.

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Connie Shuffett

Re the bold, it has always been a major tenet that the CTE method only works to send the ball to the pocket and nowhere else on the table. It will be interesting to know how CTE sends the first ball to the contact point on the second ball and not the pocket.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing I "denounce" is making obviously illogical marketing claims with no support or defense other than "you just don't get it!" (+ assorted insults).

I can see how a system you need to "believe in" can appeal to some players - and I actually wish you well in reaching them. But I agree with what others here have said: you're your own worst advertising.

pj
chgo

How can you know it’s illogical if you CAN’T explain the process. Oh,but you’re Majestic Johnson, all knowing, but yet doesn’t know.

Don’t worry about our marketing. There’s about 800,000,000 pool players in the world. So, Stan has ruffled a few wings in the middle of an anti-CTEers’ hornets’ nest just trying to answer some questions and to be generally informative.

In time, most all will realize that Stan is actually helping all that are interested to learn CTE PRO ONE.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re the bold, it has always been a major tenet that the CTE method only works to send the ball to the pocket and nowhere else on the table. It will be interesting to know how CTE sends the first ball to the contact point on the second ball and not the pocket.

Even though CTE can be used for combinations, adjustments are not uncommon.

Connie Shuffett

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How can you know it’s illogical if you CAN’T explain the process.
How can you claim it's logical if you can't explain it logically?

Here's an example of a logical description - feel free to use it for your upcoming optional "secular" version of CTE (for aiming atheists):

A unique two-line "triangulation" method of calibrating cut angles using easily-visualized alignments of CB/OB centers, edges and quarters as fixed "landmarks" for easier, more accurate recall.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can you claim it's logical if you can't explain it logically?

Here's an example of a logical description - feel free to use it for your upcoming optional "secular" version of CTE (for aiming atheists):

A unique two-line "triangulation" method of calibrating cut angles using easily-visualized alignments of CB/OB centers, edges and quarters as fixed "landmarks" for easier, more accurate recall.

pj
chgo

Is that all that you have? There’s more to it.

Connie Shuffett

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I find this thread and discussion both laughable and entertaining for two reasons:

1. I'm thinking Connie is Stan, or Connie with Stan standing over her shoulder and dictating her verbage.

2. I've never seen a Pool Scientist who was a Professional pool player who won anything (or maybe even played as well as Stan).

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've never seen a Pool Scientist who was a Professional pool player who won anything (or maybe even played as well as Stan).
Yeah, and there are many more who don't play like pros AND don't know much pool "science". Tough break for them, I guess.

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ability to push balls around, with a stick, on a cloth covered surface will not put you in the running for a MacArthur Fellows Genius Award.

The smart guys didn't waste their time getting good at that.

BUT it doesn't mean they can't give the ball pushers the break and the six-and-out when it comes to the science of the game.

Lou Figueroa