bar cue

coltstudd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi forum looking for a sneaky pete cue anyone try a meucci with bar box shaft also looking at the schmelke sneaky,a little help thanks.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find an older Dufferin one piece cue ( one that has been sitting in a cue rack for at least the past 10 years) and is still relatively straight- just add a3/8 10 joint pin, phenolic insert in the shaft, a new tip and ferrule and clean up the shaft and you will have as good a sneaky as you can find that will not warp any more than where it is today. Mueller ( Troy Downey) can do the whole conversion for about $100. You will be very happy with the results! There was one for sale here on AZ for $149 and I would highly recommend it- just search bar cue under the for sale section- it may still be there!

Last edited:

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always like this one, I got Bill McDaniel to build it for me in '83

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot to push a button

Attachments

• sp1a.jpg
    sp1a.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 470

Geosnookery

Red or green leaf

In regards to the one piece dufferin is a red or green leaf better than the other?
I have an assortment of Dufferin cues. I get them at thrift stores here in Calgary. I nearly always use a Snooker cue so limited experience actually playing with Dufferin Pool cues. However, from that Limited experience I would say ‘no’. I have red, green and black leaf Snooker and Pool cues.

They are all made consistently well. Cost seems more in line with ornamentation than playability. One of the benefits of Dufferins is that good quality maple is very common in Canada. Unlike many woods, it’s relatively low cost and readily available. My dad did a lot of fine woodworking, including guitar necks, and would often just grab maple from the wood pile.

Last edited:

outrider1

Registered
Years ago, I bought a used sp. It was a Showcase hustler made by Gale Sears. Had a piloted joint and it turned out to be the best hitting bar cue I ever had. He still makes them I hear under his own brand now.