GC II leveling feet system

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a bit puzzled with the mechanics of this system.

The parts are:
> a threaded bushing permanent in the pedestal leg
> a 3" threaded stud and a large nut
> threaded feet

How far into the pedestal bushing should the stud be threaded? Or, how much thread should be left exposed to screw into the foot? To which part does the large nut tighten against? It appears the stretcher, or the stretcher + baseframe, or the entire table would have to be lifted in order to spin the feet up or down for leveling? Hope I'm not missing the obvious.

~Rick

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am a bit puzzled with the mechanics of this system.

The parts are:
> a threaded bushing permanent in the pedestal leg
> a 3" threaded stud and a large nut
> threaded feet

How far into the pedestal bushing should the stud be threaded? Or, how much thread should be left exposed to screw into the foot? To which part does the large nut tighten against? It appears the stretcher, or the stretcher + baseframe, or the entire table would have to be lifted in order to spin the feet up or down for leveling? Hope I'm not missing the obvious.

~Rick

The threaded rod screws into the foot about an inch, the nut locks it in place, the foot is then threaded up into the pedestal all the way first, then backed out to level the frame as needed. The nut can't lock in place at the bottom of the pedestal because there's no way to reach the nut. Now, if you screw the foot out far enough so that the nut can be reached with a wrench, you can use the wrench to unscrew the foot to raise the corner of the table without having to lift the table, but it will break the nut loose of you try to lower the leg because that just unscrews the nut.

Glen

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The threaded rod screws into the foot about an inch, the nut locks it in place, the foot is then threaded up into the pedestal all the way first, then backed out to level the frame as needed. The nut can't lock in place at the bottom of the pedestal because there's no way to reach the nut. Now, if you screw the foot out far enough so that the nut can be reached with a wrench, you can use the wrench to unscrew the foot to raise the corner of the table without having to lift the table, but it will break the nut loose of you try to lower the leg because that just unscrews the nut.

Glen

Nice Glen. I will follow this approach and, after considering this for a few days, I must say this solution was not intuitive - at least to me. The other solution I entertained was simply putting the four feet up into the pedestal as far as they could go and shim the baseframe against the stretcher - a technique I used with long-term success in setting up my former GCI - table remained stone level for more than 10 yrs.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nice Glen. I will follow this approach and, after considering this for a few days, I must say this solution was not intuitive - at least to me. The other solution I entertained was simply putting the four feet up into the pedestal as far as they could go and shim the baseframe against the stretcher - a technique I used with long-term success in setting up my former GCI - table remained stone level for more than 10 yrs.

What is the point of having adjustable feet to level a pool table with....if you don't use them? Do a combination of both if you'd like, but the adjustable feet work great:D

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double nut

RKC...If you use two nuts, can you lock down the first on the foot, and the second nut tightened (locked) down on the first... then can you adjust both up and down? Would you put a star washer or other lock washer between them, if you tried this route?

If not due to too much weight to move (nuts break loose)....would the spinning coasters (GCIV,V) allow enough friction free spin of the foot, to use the double lock nuts to adjust both up and down?

Or is the 'lazy susan' leveler system altogether a different design?

thanks

..apologies to OP...have similar questions re my GCII.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC...If you use two nuts, can you lock down the first on the foot, and the second nut tightened (locked) down on the first... then can you adjust both up and down? Would you put a star washer or other lock washer between them, if you tried this route?

If not due to too much weight to move (nuts break loose)....would the spinning coasters (GCIV,V) allow enough friction free spin of the foot, to use the double lock nuts to adjust both up and down?

Or is the 'lazy susan' leveler system altogether a different design?

thanks

..apologies to OP...have similar questions re my GCII.

You can use a second nut as a jam nut, but with the lazy Susan bearing plates it's so easy to spin the leg...you can spin it with the tip of your foot while watching the levels as you adjust for level:D