Table time $$$

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
During prime time in my neck of the woods, at an Upscale room, you're looking at $8 to $10 per hour for the first person and then $2 per hour for each additional person. These rates have held true since the Upscale Boom of the 90's.

Preferred Customers/Players (high volume, polite, positive folks) get a $8 rate regardless of the # of players.

The gentleman who used Movie Ticket Prices as a barometer is dead on accurate for my market. -Z-

Last edited:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Myself and the other pool rooms are 1/2 of the average movie ticket price in the area ($10 - $12). Regardless, interesting comparison.

808billiards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basically you are charging $6 per hour/person no matter the number of players on the table. Is this correct?

Nobody ever seems to bring this up when asking this question, which has been aske9d thousands of times. The local economy and prices in area should dictate what you charge. So I leave it up to the local theaTers to dictate my prices. The ticket prices in my town are about $12 for a two hour movie, so that is what I charge for two or more people. So each person plays two hours for 12 bucks each. The movies are much better qualified to figure what what the local people will and can pay.

t

MiscueBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Highest price I've seen is $15 per hour, by the hour. So 1.5 like 2... The tables weren't even that good. Good food though, even at their prices.

On the other hand I know a place where the regulars get $7 unlimited any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbkvig2

Pool Hall Owner
M-Th Rates:

$10/hr 7ft
$12/hr 9ft
$20/hr 12ft Snooker

F-Sun Rates:

$14/hr 7ft
$16/hr 9ft
$24/hr 12ft Snooker

Although I must admit, I'd like to change the M-Th to a better happy hour rate. Flat rate between a certain hour most likely.

Banks

Banned
M-Th Rates:

$10/hr 7ft
$12/hr 9ft
$20/hr 12ft Snooker

F-Sun Rates:

$14/hr 7ft
$16/hr 9ft
$24/hr 12ft Snooker

Although I must admit, I'd like to change the M-Th to a better happy hour rate. Flat rate between a certain hour most likely.

At one location that needed a daytime boost, the rate is halved. Works a little bit, but their menu may require an update as well.

JC

Coos Cues
We charge on a per person/per hour basis. Prices as follows
$6 per hour 1 player
$5 per hour/per person 2 players
$4 per hour/ per person 3 players
$3 per hour/per person 4 or more players.

Would these prices work for you guys.

What else do you have to offer during the time players are in your room?

Table time is going to amount to chump change toward your overhead even if you double that rate. But that would then exponentially alienate the body count available to sell more profitable items to, wouldn't it?

Successful pool rooms are restaurant/bar/pro shops with tables on site.

What is going to bring more people in to buy the profitable items? That should be your main consideration.

If on the other hand you're not positioned to offer every conceivable pool, food and drink related thing a player could imagine you will fail, no matter what you charge per hour for the tables. People are impulse buyers and you have to have it in there or they aren't buying.

JC

nbkvig2

Pool Hall Owner
At one location that needed a daytime boost, the rate is halved. Works a little bit, but their menu may require an update as well.

Thanks Banks! We decided to go with Happy Hour rate of $10/player (Unlimited Play) from 2pm-7pm M-Thur. I think this is a much better structure (for us atleast).

Banks

Banned
Thanks Banks! We decided to go with Happy Hour rate of $10/player (Unlimited Play) from 2pm-7pm M-Thur. I think this is a much better structure (for us atleast).

That sounds like a good deal. People will want to maximize their value, so it encourages them to stay the most hours. If you remember, would you let us know how it works out in a month or two? From my experiences, the regulars tend to know the deals, but it can take a while for word to spread without a little help.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Table Time

I play at Classics billiards in Portland, Or.

$3.90 per hour per person during the day.

What i have never figured out is why they charge an additional player the same rate.

When I have the table to myself I am ok with the rate. But if someone wants to join me not only do they get charged the same rate as me, but I now have to share the table at the same cost as when I am playing by myself.

A better deal would be to charge $5.00 and hour for 2 players ($2.50 ea).

Don

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
That's cheap as hell. If you want the pool hall to survive pay the fee. In Houston is $15/hr. In NYC it's $65 / hr at Amsterdam during peak times..

You are lucky...and I dare say a little nitty too...:smile:

I play at Classics billiards in Portland, Or.

$3.90 per hour per person during the day.

What i have never figured out is why they charge an additional player the same rate.

When I have the table to myself I am ok with the rate. But if someone wants to join me not only do they get charged the same rate as me, but I now have to share the table at the same cost as when I am playing by myself.

A better deal would be to charge $5.00 and hour for 2 players ($2.50 ea).

Don

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Y'all keep *****ing about pool rates and watch the doors close. When you have multiple players you have multiple people adding to the wear and tear of the facility, using the restrooms, sucking up the air conditioning, enjoying the facility, sitting on the stools, etc, etc.

That little bit of money they charge for table time doesn't even begin to cover the nut.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Jersey, Sandcastle (home of accu stats arena) $10 flat rate to play from 11 to 6. Seven days. On Saturday you have to get there early or you won't get a table.
Despite the rise in cost for cable, heat, air,rent, insurance , $10 flat rate has been the same for the last 20 years. Places like the Sandcastle do not sell liquor, so, I don't know how they stay in business.