Shaft insert conversion

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, im looking to convert 2 uniloc shaft to a fit it on my 5-16/14 cue butt.

May i know how much does a reputable cuemaker charge for such a conversion ??
Any risks such as messing up the integrity of the shaft ?

Thanks

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Hi Cezar
Price will always vary depending who does it. Using Old school regular inserts would be ok except the hole would have to be plugged and re-done or the person doing the job could use this insert which the alignment barrel is approx. .005 larger than the one on uni loc.
Hope this helps.https://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5767&DEPARTMENT_ID=95

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Thanks

Shouldnt be a big deal. Friend of mine did this for me to adapt a LD shaft I bought to my 3/8x 10 joint said it was easy.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Cezar
Price will always vary depending who does it. Using Old school regular inserts would be ok except the hole would have to be plugged and re-done or the person doing the job could use this insert which the alignment barrel is approx. .005 larger than the one on uni loc.
Hope this helps.https://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5767&DEPARTMENT_ID=95

Thanks Mike, helpful as always !

Since ya're a cuemaker, mind telling me how much u wld charge for 2 shafts to be converted from uniloc to 5-16/14 ?
I just want a ball park figure to know what to expect.

Thanks Mike !

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mike, helpful as always !

Since ya're a cuemaker, mind telling me how much u wld charge for 2 shafts to be converted from uniloc to 5-16/14 ?
I just want a ball park figure to know what to expect.

Thanks Mike !

Hi Cezar
One of the rules for Cue makers on this site is. We are not suppose to give prices in the open forum and seeing I don't play the pm game. Puts me in a tough spot. But it shouldn't break you. Prices will vary like I said but no matter who you use, it's affordable. Maybe 1/3 the cost of a shaft by most Cue makers today.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Did you find someone to do your shaft, and cost? I'm looking to do the same thing, but a radial shaft to 5/16"-18 cue butt?