Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page ICE deportation raids underway in New York City, 'number of jurisdictions

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
ICE deportation raids underway in New York City, 'number of jurisdictions
Old
  (#1)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

ICE deportation raids underway in New York City, 'number of jurisdictions - 07-14-2019, 06:28 AM

ICE deportation raids underway in New York City, 'number of jurisdictions,' official says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-depor...gin-nationwide

A nationwide crackdown to apprehend thousands of illegal immigrants across the country began late Saturday in the nation's largest city and several other places, according to an official.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was expected to resume its previously announced plan to apprehend thousands of illegal immigrants who've been given orders to leave the country, targeting people in at least 10 cities. The sweeps were expected to start Sunday, but New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Saturday on Twitter that ICE agents had already taken action in New York.

The ICE raids began late Saturday and into the early morning hours on Sunday in "a number of jurisdictions," not just New York City, a senior administration official confirmed to Fox News.

De Blasio said the raids in New York City took place in parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Receiving reports of attempted but reportedly unsuccessful ICE enforcement actions in Sunset Park and Harlem," the mayor said. "@NYCImmigrants and advocates are connecting with residents and distributing resources door to door."

Advocates are coaching them on their rights, including instructions not to respond if agents knock on the door unless shown a warrant signed by a judge. The Democratic mayor has said his city would not cooperate with ICE.

Mark Morgan, acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told "FOX & friends" on Sunday that the raids were about "enforcing and maintaining the integrity of the system."

"This is about the rule of law," Morgan said. "Those individuals who remain here illegally, especially those who've received due process more than any other nation in the world would provide someone that came here illegally, to including those with final orders, that there are consequences to those that remain here illegally. That's what today is about. "

Morgan, the former head of ICE, differed to disclose details about the raids. But he blasted mayors of cities who pushed back against the crackdown, calling their actions “unconscionable.”

"This is about going after individuals here illegally," he said. "Any city, any law enforcement agency that resists, does not cooperate, they're actually putting those cities in higher danger."

On Friday, ICE Acting Director Matthew Albence said targets were on an "accelerated docket" of immigration court cases for predominantly Central Americans who recently arrived at the U.S. border in unprecedented numbers. Similar operations occurred in 2016 under President Obama and in 2017 under President Trump.

The operation will target people with final deportation orders on 10 major court dockets, including Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Miami. Albence said that doesn't mean arrests will be limited to certain areas. Authorities will go where their investigations lead, even if it's five states away from where the case is filed.

Trump said authorities were "focused on criminals as much as we can before we do anything else."

"It starts on Sunday and they're going to take people out and they're going to bring them back to their countries or they're going to take criminals out, put them in prison, or put them in prison in the countries they came from," the president said.

The Obama-era family operation in 2016 resulted in about 10 percent of those targeted being arrested, and the 2017 effort had a lower arrest rate, according to Albence. Other operations that have targeted people with criminal arrest records have yielded arrests rates of about 30%, aided by access to law enforcement databases.

Administration officials have said they are targeting about 2,000 people, which would yield about 200 arrests based on previous crackdowns.

Trump has said on Twitter that his agents plan to arrest millions of immigrants in the country illegally.

Old
  (#2)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-14-2019, 01:19 PM

LOS ANGELES - Large crowds turn out in Los Angeles to protest ICE raids.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/cnn-nation...ids/1095122892

Camila Alvarez, a managing attorney for the Central American Resource Center in Los Angeles, said the day proved “anxiety-inducing” for the community.

“It’s so clear that this is a political tool for the current administration,” Alvarez said. “These raid announcements have been designed to instill fear in the immigrant community.”

dumluk

Last edited by LAMas; 07-14-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Old
  (#3)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-14-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMas View Post
LOS ANGELES - Large crowds turn out in Los Angeles to protest ICE raids.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/cnn-nation...ids/1095122892

Camila Alvarez, a managing attorney for the Central American Resource Center in Los Angeles, said the day proved “anxiety-inducing” for the community.

“It’s so clear that this is a political tool for the current administration,” Alvarez said. “These raid announcements have been designed to instill fear in the immigrant community.”
They are only going after people who have already had their day in court and ordered to be removed.

Do we have a country or don't we?

If the "immigrant community" doesn't like it tough shit.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#4)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
They are only going after people who have already had their day in court and ordered to be removed.

JC
Thanks for the heads up.

He paid his DUI and is back on the street. I read they are looking for Asians an ISIS as well.

The illegals that I know send money home to Mexico to upgrade their retirement homes there. Their legal kids used to vacation there but it has gotten dangerous. Que Sera, Sera.

Adios.

dumluk

Old
  (#5)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post

JC
Tell me how you really feel Brother.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#6)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2019, 05:01 PM

I heard some bleeding heart snowflake on the "news" saying it was going to disrupt small business' all over the country.

Griping because they deported your illegal workers is like griping because they confiscated your stolen goods that you bought for 30% of market value. In both cases you should lose your stuff and go to jail.

Get rid of all 11-20 million of them and lock her down finally!

How do you deport that many you ask? One at a time and it looks like it's under way.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#7)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member

07-14-2019, 05:30 PM

Our economy depends on them as does Welfare.

dumluk

Old
  (#8)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 06:17 AM

Yeah, disrupt small business. Right, sure. At worst, I'll have to hire a new landscaper (if mine is illegal, I don't know) but if he doesn't show up for work on Thursday, one phone call and he's replaced. Just horrific how this will turn my life upside down. Or even worse, I'll have to buy a lawnmower and put money into the economy. Brutal

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#9)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Yeah, disrupt small business. Right, sure. At worst, I'll have to hire a new landscaper (if mine is illegal, I don't know)
You hired him? And you don't know?

Be careful there cowboy.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#10)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 12:27 PM

If I had Aladdin's lamp... .

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#11)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
You hired him? And you don't know?

Be careful there cowboy.
I have to assume he's legal, not like he's on my payroll. Called a company for a quote, and he showed up. English is not so good, but still better than about 75% of the folks I run into. At least he's trying

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: