Table time $$$

bigskyblue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you pay for "TABLE TIME" where you live?
I've paid as much as ($9) an hour per person here in the Los Angeles area.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Locatio n

Nobody ever seems to bring this up when asking this question, which has been aske9d thousands of times. The local economy and prices in area should dictate what you charge. So I leave it up to the local theaTers to dictate my prices. The ticket prices in my town are about $12 for a two hour movie, so that is what I charge for two or more people. So each person plays two hours for 12 bucks each. The movies are much better qualified to figure what what the local people will and can pay.

t

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Vegas is about $5.50hr give or take.
There is an $8 day rate
Cue Club 7am-7pm
Pool Sharks 8am-5pm
Mickey's 8am-4pm
Good Timez 10am-6pm

My times might be off a little but they are pretty close.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
nfty9er has it right. Base it on local prices of other entertainment. Movies, bowling, etc. What does the competition charge for 3 hours. Do they have bulk discounts, punch cards, Tuesday specials etc. This is what a majority of the casual players will pay. Once you start doing subsidies, they will have expectations of them lasting forever, like the government. Don't have your drinkers pay for your pool players. Or vice versa. Just make it fair for everyone.

Banks

Banned
At 4 bars with Diamond 7's, I've got them all set at 50c. Two locations have 4. One is a small bar in a more expensive area(also doesn't open until later), so hourly is $4 if you play out of there or $5 for all others. The other location is $3 and $4.

Would like to get my own place eventually. :(

JC

Coos Cues
I don't understand the "per person" scale. Only one person can be at the table at a time so the equipment gets the same exact amount of use no matter how many are in the game.

Are the others paying for some kind of special air they are breathing while waiting for their turn? The honor of existing in the dynamic environment? Aren't the more there more likely to buy more food and drinks during the time they are present?

I have no idea who thought of this pyramid scheme originally but I would never support a room with that kind of thinking. It is insulting to a logical mind.

JC

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Here in Japan, nearly every place is pay by the person, and rates are usually fixed no matter how many people are on a table. In Tokyo, the price goes from 4 bucks an hour up to 10 bucks an hour (per person) depending where you go.

Banks

Banned
I don't understand the "per person" scale. Only one person can be at the table at a time so the equipment gets the same exact amount of use no matter how many are in the game.

Are the others paying for some kind of special air they are breathing while waiting for their turn? The honor of existing in the dynamic environment? Aren't the more there more likely to buy more food and drinks during the time they are present?

I have no idea who thought of this pyramid scheme originally but I would never support a room with that kind of thinking. It is insulting to a logical mind.

JC

That's how i feel about it. If anything, I'd think a full-service hall would lower the price for bringing more people. But, hey, if they want to follow in the footsteps of the other many successful halls, more power to them.

JC

Coos Cues
That's how i feel about it. If anything, I'd think a full-service hall would lower the price for bringing more people. But, hey, if they want to follow in the footsteps of the other many successful halls, more power to them.

You can rent a bowling lane by the hour in most places and have as many players as you like and the price doesn't change. Only one ball is rolling down the lane at a time and that's just common sense. And they're all buying beer and food.

It defies my thinking who could believe this is a wise business structure that folks will embrace. They just go away and don't come back and then the room eventually closes with no idea what it was that alienated the clientele. Penny wise and pound foolish is what it is. It's a similar mindset to the people who try to sell a car or house without posting the asking price on the for sale sign. In the end, no one is ever fooled.

JC

bountybuddy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table time $$$$

The owner of the pool hall where I play gives me a break. I play from noon to 6 Pm for $10.00.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Prices in NC

People that want to play a lot are migrating to home tables rather than pay $30 plus a week to play pool. Its understandable when you consider what it can cost in a months time with the economy.

One of the smartest things I have seen in this area was a room owner that had 6 to 8 kids coming in and no other real business. He went to $5 play all evening and his crowd went to 30 plus most evenings. Now the jukebox plays and never stops, he sells candy, sodas, chips and pool equipment. He went from making a loser to a big winner for the location. Plus he got a standing crowd of young people who are going to make more young people as well as draw in the better players.

Another Room here has adjusted their specials to make room for people who want to play long times on the weekends.

It makes sense to me that its time to adjust when people are migrating home to play.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

JC

1000% agree with this statement.

Pool rooms have to wake up and starting thinking.

If four players come into your room and you charge $5 @hour a person, the charges as they exist today would be the same if they played on one table or 4 tables. Do you want them to play on four of your tables or would prefer them to play on one? One is the obvious answer, so cut them a deal. If 4 are one table you'll take less, say$4 @hour or $3 for each player.

A table gets the same wear and tear in one hour play regardless of the number of players playing. All the pool games I know can have only one player shooting at a time. Why does an owner want to charge more for a table when they are more than one person playing? When I rent anything else, I am charged for the item at some kind of rate. Never asking me how many will use it, e.i. a car, a boat, furniture, almost anything you can think of. It's almost always just a set rate for the item and not how many are using it.

I am not trying to take any profits away from room owners. We know it is a tough business. Actually changing the way you charge for table time may encourage more business. More occasions where 4 buddies go to the pool hall because it's cheaper to play as a group can lead to more interest in the game and more sales of food and beverage.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Just set new prices due to recent acquisition of 14 Diamond Smart Tables ... hourly rental went from from $5 to $6. Old tables were Valleys.

808billiards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We charge on a per person/per hour basis. Prices as follows
$6 per hour 1 player
$5 per hour/per person 2 players
$4 per hour/ per person 3 players
$3 per hour/per person 4 or more players.

Would these prices work for you guys.