Moori J Tip

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I ordered one the other week, installed myself and have about 9 hours of playing time on it.

First off is installation:

This tip installed great. It's easy to cut and a dream to shape. This is of course coming from a stalwart user of Sniper tips. Although most know what a nightmare it can be to install a Sniper I've also strayed into using many other tips. Most are a dream to cut compared to the Sniper, but the Moori J tip is the best tip I have shaped on a lathe. I have actually changed to using a chisel to shape tips and well maybe that's not the best approach, but with this tip it's as smooth as butter.

The feel of this tip is great. If you are a big Sniper user this tip might make you happy. The feel and grip of this tip is fantastic. It holds chalk better than any tip I've ever used and that includes any previous Moori tip. When I say big Sniper user I will say that I have bought many tips in search of something that I might like better. I'd buy the tip, install, go play with it and go back home to cut it off and put a Sniper back on. I've literally spent hundreds of dollars on finding out what I liked to start with. In the last year I've only tried Ultra Skin and now Moori, but I've tried Kamui black and tan, most all Tiger tips, prior Moori tips and plenty of single layer tips.

Here's the downside. I'm not going to blame this on the tip as it might be from my installation. I didn't do any burnishing on the install. I did have to reshape the tip after day one of play and I will have to recut the sides.

Overall I will say that I will order a batch of these to keep. Whenever I install another one I will burnish the sides.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for the review
how would you compare hardness/softness etc in the hit compared to the sniper you know best?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
thanks for the review
how would you compare hardness/softness etc in the hit compared to the sniper you know best?

It's a little softer, but not spongy. Kind of like making a Sniper a notch softer

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Day 3 of using the tip and I will still say that it's an awesome tip to use. I've put in a solid 12 hours of play on it and it still holds chalk like a brand new tip. The hit is still great.

At this time I'll give the opinion that if you lover Sniper tips, but have issues with glazing this is the tip to change over to. I've had mild issues with glazing. I would say the hit is very slightly better (keep in mind I've used this tip for a long time). The install is a dream compared to the Sniper. I will leave it at this. I've tried countless tips where I cut off my Sniper to try a tip only to cut that brand new tip off and put a new Sniper on.

This is the first one I've left on. I'm not going to list off what I've put on because it's all down to personal opinion. I will say that if you like Sniper tips you might love these