My experience with White Diamond tips

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I purchased my very own repair lathe from Todd over at Midamericapool
First thing, he is great to deal with, very willing to help with any information possible.

Anyway, upon receiving my lathe I got everything set up and started playing with a purple heart break shaft I had laying around that I didn't like. (I didn't like it because it had a 1 piece g10 tip/ferrule and it wasn't working out so well for me) So to put the lathe through it's paces I figure why not take a cut or two on G10 and see if I can't face the tip off to just a ferrule and then slap on a white diamond I had on hand.

The lathe performed great, more kudos for Todd.

However, I'm very impressed with the white diamond tips. I don't know what they're made out of, it appears to be very thin layers of something. It sounds similar to phenolic but I have no idea what it is. Anyway it cut great, and after some time for the glue to properly cure I slapped the shaft on my BK3 butt and gave it a couple test breaks mainly to see if the tip would stay on as it was my first time doing one on my own, and to see how the tip would react to various 8 ball breaks.

I tell you what, compared to G10 and most phenolic that I've played with the white diamond out performs them all. I have no trouble getting a nice controlled break even at fairly high speeds. Only when I really hammer away at it do I have any trouble hitting away from center cue ball. I don't measure break speeds so I can't say if I'm breaking any faster or slower but the spread has been about the same, but I'm consistently making balls instead of just leaving the table wide open for my opponent with the occasional ball on break for me.

I would highly recommend these tips to anyone who is considering them. Compared to others they are cheap and in my opinion at least they perform just as well if not better than anything else out there.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a White Diamond on my cheap Cuetec that I use for breaking. I put it on by hand and it has been on for over a year. It does a good job, but needs a bit of scuffing from time to time to keep the chalk adhered. It is a hard SOB.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Madman Jump Tip getting a little thin. I am going to give White Diamond a try. I have heard great things on this. If it does not fit me I still have another Madman left.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Madman Jump Tip getting a little thin. I am going to give White Diamond a try. I have heard great things on this. If it does not fit me I still have another Madman left.

I have used these before Tom. Love'em. They jump like a Bull-Frog, and break nicely. Very hard material. Make sure to get/do a proper install. :cool:
Best regards.
j2

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
White diamond tips

http://piconecues.com/id4.html
Joseph Picone the inventor and maker of white diamond tips

, "Picone White Diamond" tip is one of the real secrets for a top performing jump cue or break cue. Picone White Diamond tips are a multi-layered tip. Made from a specially selected fiber, they go through an 11 step process before becoming a finished tip. Each tip is inspected before packaging to the insure you the highest quality.
Available in 13, 13 1/2, 14 & 15 millimeter
What is the difference in the "Picone White Diamond tip"?
* The "Picone White Diamond tip" is not a phenolic tip. Phenolic resins are hard and brittle and although they do make the ball jump as well as break hard, can be difficult to glue and very prone to miscues.
* The "Picone White Diamond tip" reduces miss-cues, to a minimum. Takes and holds chalk very well.
* It allows you to put english on the cue ball. You can jump with english, stop the cue ball, even drawing it back.
* When used for the break or jump-cue, gone is the glass breaking sound and fear of miscue.
* Tips can be glued on with most common Super-Gels or epoxies, and are much less prone to popping off.
* They are easily installed even with standard cue repair tools, you do not need a lathe. It is best to use a tip close to the size of the shaft for easier installation. If you have no experience with tip installation though, it is still best left to the professional .
* They shape and scuff easily with sand paper and are extra thick and long lasting.
* No need to change your ferrule and because the tip is layered, it will not chip, fracture or split as is common with tip-ferrule combos made from common phenolic rod.
* The Picone White Diamond tip is not harmful to balls or equipment
$10.95 per tip

THE WEB SITE SAYS BUY 2 Get one Free :thumbup:
1 954 767 9004 .