8 Ball Action: Filler vs. Bergman

Scrunge19

Registered
does anybody know if this will be streamed and if so, by who?

It will be streamed by Roy's Basement on Facebook. That is until some jagoff reports the stream to the Police and they get shut down again. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agreed

It took a whole 6 minutes to play the first game, I have seen other popular pros take 3 minutes on the first shot after the break, it wasnt that long of a game.

Great point. I'll admit it wasn't speedy, but for a tough rack which is also the first rack of a bar table 8 ball finals match I don't think it was out of line. I believe his mannerisms are eccentric and seemed a bit abrasive, but had he simply been walking around the table and looking it wouldn't have felt that strange. And considering that he ran through said rack it might behoove some posters to consider the value of the time he took.

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
Yes... this really happened.

Did this really happen on one of their past streams?

They were playing at "7 Billiards" in Gaithersburg Maryland.
Super clean place with 9 foot Diamonds.
They had played there before during the quarantine with no issues.

The owner is a nice guy and allows them to play there.

Some idiot from the stream calls the police.
The police show up and tell them to stop streaming.
They were allowed to finish the games and played a little while longer.
But because the Fillers are from Germany... they didn't want to get in trouble with the law and were a little scared of the whole police thing.

So, they quit during the middle of a set. Pia was gambling with a guy at the time and Josh was hitting balls on another table.

Karate-

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great point. I'll admit it wasn't speedy, but for a tough rack which is also the first rack of a bar table 8 ball finals match I don't think it was out of line. I believe his mannerisms are eccentric and seemed a bit abrasive, but had he simply been walking around the table and looking it wouldn't have felt that strange. And considering that he ran through said rack it might behoove some posters to consider the value of the time he took.

That all may be true, but it is bad for spectators. Any tournament involving pros should have a shot clock- mental agility is also a talent. It is not good for the game to have a guy think for 2 minutes before shooting on a frequent basis.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But because the Fillers are from Germany... they didn't want to get in trouble with the law and were a little scared of the whole police thing.

So, they quit during the middle of a set. Pia was gambling with a guy at the time and Josh was hitting balls on another table.

Karate-
Hopefully if they are playing at a private home (which I assume they will be)- it won't be an issue

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Karate-

Thank you for the info!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like this match has been cancelled :confused:

Filler has decided to fly back home early next week and called off the match i think.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Looks like this match has been cancelled :confused:

Filler has decided to fly back home early next week and called off the match i think.

It will be later than sooner. I can't blame Filler, it has been a while over here for him and His priorities might not be a match with JB. Lets wait to see what the future brings. Thanks Terry for the updates.

Scrunge19

Registered
If I had to guess, I think his wife is the reason they’re going home early. I thought I heard Roy saying she missed her friends/family while josh was ready to move here after all the action he was getting.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shame to lose the Filler vs Berman matchup, but .....

Josh and Pia Filler have been away from home for a long, long time and I'm truly happy for them that they'll be back home soon. Wishing them safe travels, good health, good fortune and good times as they continue to navigate this very difficult chapter in their lives.

We'll all roll out the red carpet for them whenever they return to America, but for now, may they enjoy the comforts of home for as long as they feel is appropriate.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
You don't have to guess. No one really asked you to. This is a pretty rude statement since these folks have been away from home for so long.

If I had to guess, I think his wife is the reason they’re going home early. I thought I heard Roy saying she missed her friends/family while josh was ready to move here after all the action he was getting.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn, i was really looking forward to it.

You don't have to guess. No one really asked you to. This is a pretty rude statement since these folks have been away from home for so long.

not that rude, i heard about the same from one of the roy streams. but that it's very understandable goes without saying