Are We The Dinosaurs & Covid-19 The Asteroid?

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We may be watching the end of America happen in real time.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
-- George Orwell, 1984

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Like you could ever build a high-rise building on 5th Ave in NYC. You will have to come to terms with your limitations.

Who do you think should be president?

Please try and stay focused. Why do I feel I'm having this discussion/debate with a 5 yr old?
What exactly does the debate have to do with me erecting a building a 5th ave in nyc?
And more importantly just exactly how would that qualify me or anyone else for that matter to hold the office of president of the usa?
Focus........

This begs the question about one of our fine senators out here in Arizona. Campaigned heavily on the fact that she was the first female fighter jet pilot in the USAF. WTF does that have to do with being a qualified politician for the state I live in?
She lost.......but because Senator McCain passed away in the middle of his term she got appointed by the not so great governor in this state anyway even after losing. She is not qualified to do the job and will lose in a real election again this year.
See how these things have a way of weeding themselves out.
When the trump base finally figures out he's a one n dun term happening the rats will start jumping ship to swim for the safety of saving their position in their respective states.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
NPR shit belongs on NPR.

No offense but............

Please refer to post #45

We're just having our fun. One one has been hurt.......yet! There has been no name calling or telling people to go to hell....yet! Why you wanna blow the party?

Last edited:

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Well you gave it a try. I was in Sacramento on day one of his talk show. Met the guy in person, he will tell you he is an entertainer.

He has done well, been successful, can live the life of rich & famous. Rush worked for his success, he earned his money.

I love the show, now Rush is battling Cancer. Hope he beats it. Rush & Trump are friends, so that is another reason some hate him.

No I get everyone don't like the guy.

I understand all of this and can now slightly understand how you may feel a slight connection to him and his show. I'm not saying he hasn't worked hard but I don't know that because I'm just not that connected to him or his beliefs. You just have to remember that the guy is not a total saint and that some of what comes out of his mouth is edited to entice the demographics that the radio station that pays him is trying to reach. These may or may not be his personal beliefs. But it's his wallets beliefs! ;)
I'm not telling you to quit listening to him...just don't paint him as a saint with everything that comes out of his mouth.
I think a lot of people here on this board have worked hard for what they have also.
But that doesn't mean because of that I'm going to believe everything they say! ;)

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I'm on the same page. On a local forum here I've been advocating masks for months and got a lot of blow back but the tide has definitely turned. Now that it's mandatory in CA, drove North this weekend to stay with the in-laws and wherever we went, we saw almost everybody wearing them. Once it becomes mandatory, a greater percentage of people will do it.

As far as pool goes, we will be back. America will be back. Life as we know it will return. The fittest, the smartest and the luckiest will survive.

Mask it or casket baby!

The world needs more TATE's.
I like the mask it or casket baby! Such a simple thing that humanity is being asked to do for a short period of time in their life and the blow back positively mind blowing.
Thank goodness some of the top people here in Arizona are not hiding from the fact and actually coming out and taking blame like real leaders are suppose to about how they messed up and have rushed this opening back up thing and didn't give it the serious consideration it needed to be a successful bid. Now that they realize this maybe the second try will turn out differently.
2 weeks ago I'm driving down the highway and the information signs are saying "help stop the spread of covid 19.....wash your hands":shocked:

I really just could not believe what I was reading. That's the crap they told us from the get go and how well did help then? I noticed today on the drive my message to the governor must have finally made it to his desk...."help stop the spread of covid -19...MASK UP ARIZONA!

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Remember when Rush said, " Come on people..It's just the common cold".. "Nobody has died from it"....

Or...."I don't believe cigarettes cause lung cancer"...

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please try and stay focused. Why do I feel I'm having this discussion/debate with a 5 yr old?
What exactly does the debate have to do with me erecting a building a 5th ave in nyc?
And more importantly just exactly how would that qualify me or anyone else for that matter to hold the office of president of the usa?
Focus........

This begs the question about one of our fine senators out here in Arizona. Campaigned heavily on the fact that she was the first female fighter jet pilot in the USAF. WTF does that have to do with being a qualified politician for the state I live in?
She lost.......but because Senator McCain passed away in the middle of his term she got appointed by the not so great governor in this state anyway even after losing. She is not qualified to do the job and will lose in a real election again this year.
See how these things have a way of weeding themselves out.
When the trump base finally figures out he's a one n dun term happening the rats will start jumping ship to swim for the safety of saving their position in their respective states.

I would say politics is not your forte. The president ran the gauntlet of 17 candidates in the Republican Party, to garner the nomination. Most of the pundits, like 90% said he could never do that.

Then he bested Hillary Clinton, the Clinton machine and the DNC in one of the greatest victories in American history. He not only prevailed over the Clinton machine but the establishment Republicans too.

The pundits who are totally out of touch with the American people were caught, not understanding their business anymore.

I would not underestimate Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump is the reform candidate. You probably don't want reform.

There are plenty of folks that do.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I would say politics is not your forte. The president ran the gauntlet of 17 candidates in the Republican Party, to garner the nomination. Most of the pundits, like 90% said he could never do that.

Then he bested Hillary Clinton, the Clinton machine and the DNC in one of the greatest victories in American history. He not only prevailed over the Clinton machine but the establishment Republicans too.

The pundits who are totally out of touch with the American people were caught, not understanding their business anymore.

I would not underestimate Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump is the reform candidate. You probably don't want reform.

There are plenty of folks that do.

You left out...and he had over a million people at his inauguration party. :rolleyes:
I didn't think you could stay focused on the subject at hand. Nice try tho. This has been my point from the beginning. But you, overload, not being able to stay focused won't be able to understand this either>>>> Everyone wants to make a national...no, a world health crisis a political one.

MooseKnuckle

Registered
As others stated, a whole new batch of casual players are being incubated during these furloughs. I think the sport will come out the other side of this with renewed interest.

The financial devastation to small business though will take a while to work through.

As for the political debate, we live in a free society, to be free means there are risks.

“Government is like fire, a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”
-George Washington

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
So there was this large group of dinosaurs standing around shooting the breeze when all of a sudden a huge fiery asteroid came into view ... :eek:

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
So there was this large group of dinosaurs standing around shooting the breeze when all of a sudden a huge fiery asteroid came into view ... :eek:

This just in...

Attachments

• Dinosaurs.jpg
    Dinosaurs.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 176

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool was in a weakened state and interest was slipping, especially among younger people and this was before Covid-19 pandemic arrived.

Is there any reason for optimism or is this thing gonna beat pool down to where it can't sustain in a meaningful way?

best,
brian kc

Was pool already being sustained in a meaningfull way in north america? But to answer your question I would go with yes. Pool has to many issues. I really dont see much hope for it.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as we have 2 groups of people,
a) one willing to sacrifice a smidgen of their life style to avoid harming others,
b) and the other group who is not,
we will never get out of this pandemic.

The best we can hope for is that group (b) passes the virus around themselves, while group (a) avoids passing it around, and then the majority of deaths will come from group (b).

Choose which group you are in wisely.