Nihilism

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Finally played some pool last night. My game is way off, everything felt wrong. My break is pitiful. Can't fix it..no time for practice. No more pool til I get moved in to this damn house. Speaking of the house...I kinda want to burn it down...the tasks never end...but the money sure does. What's the point of pool anyway? Can't say I know the point of life either. And just how much time have I wasted over the years on azb reading about which cue tip is best or what cue hits a ton?

Ah well, see you guys tomorrow.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to add a thoughtful response to this thread but then I figured, “why bother...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take two weeks off. Then quit. Then kill yourself. Why not?

:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:
Kidding!
:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....Can't say I know the point of life either...

Guy walks into a bar....

He starts drinking, gets all depressed and begins telling the bartender his story. Punctuating it with, "What is the meaning of life?"

The bartender says he can point the guy to someone who can answer that question. He sends the guy down the block to this little hole in the wall joint.

The guy walks in, there is a long bar opposite a wall with 3 doors. On the bar sets a giant glass jar full of cash, he estimates it to be 10s of thousands of dollars.

Behind the bar, is this little old man. So old he probably farts dust. But the guy is sure this was the place he was sent, so he walks inside.

The bartender asks him his business, the guy explains he needs to know the meaning of life before he jumps off a bridge.

The old man says, "I can give you that information, but you need to pass a serious of tasks to prove you are worthy. If you are serious, you need to put a $100 bill into the jar, then I will give you the tasks. Complete them, and the knowledge you seek will be yours, along with the cash."

The guy pulls out a C note, puts it in the jar hesitantly, then looks the bartender in the eye and says, "Im ready!"

The bartender points to the 3 doors, instructing him that each one has a challenge behind them that most men would run from.

The first door he says, "Behind that one, is a punch drunk heavyweight boxer. You have to pick a fight with him, and win! Behind the second door is an alligator with a bad tooth. You have to pull that tooth bare handed. Lastly, behind door number 3 is a 98 year old woman who has never been with a man. You need to satisfy that woman!"

The guy asks for a double bourbon to get his courage up before he begins.

He enters the first room, and you can hear the most violent fist fight imaginable. Grunts, groans, screams. There is even dust falling from the ceiling fan they are bouncing off the walls so hard.

A few minutes later, the guy comes out. His face is battered and bruised, his knuckles bleeding....... But he won.

He enters the second door. The old man stands at the bar smiling as this guy might finally be the one. The door closes, and the most blood curdling screams fill the bar. The noises coming from this room are so loud and scary, the old man is tempted to go help the guy before he gets himself killed.

Just about that time, the door swings open, and the guy comes out.

He is bleeding from cuts and gashes all over, his clothes torn to shreds. He is breathing so heavy it takes him a few minutes to catch his breath.

When he can finally speak again, he asks the bartender, "OK, so where is this old woman with the bad tooth?"

:thumbup:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Finally played some pool last night. My game is way off, everything felt wrong. My break is pitiful. Can't fix it..no time for practice. No more pool til I get moved in to this damn house. Speaking of the house...I kinda want to burn it down...the tasks never end...but the money sure does. What's the point of pool anyway? Can't say I know the point of life either. And just how much time have I wasted over the years on azb reading about which cue tip is best or what cue hits a ton?

Jl year are a good guy but had a bad day/week. One of the most stressful things a person or couple can do is build or buy a house. It can tear up a life or relationship. Don’t be down about the small things like a lousy break or even money, those types of things will seem insignificant n the future. Spring and summer are close and the growing season will help put things in perspective. Even if a garden will not be possible this year you will be prepping for it soon.

A blind man just typed this with sausage thumbs and can’t be held responsible for type O’s

Imac007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a story about two old guys out camping. They hear a noise nearby and realize it’s a bear on a rampage. One guy stops takes off his hikers and puts on his sneakers. The other guy laughs and says “Pete at your age you’ll never outrun a bear”. Pete says “Fred, I only need to outrun you.”

Put on your sneakers and go find Fred, until the bear is gone, and he too will go away. Play someone of lesser speed and give him some weight. The guy giving the spot gets more table time. More table time fixes problems and the spot forces you to find the fixes.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy walks into a bar....

He starts drinking, gets all depressed and begins telling the bartender his story. Punctuating it with, "What is the meaning of life?"

The bartender says he can point the guy to someone who can answer that question. He sends the guy down the block to this little hole in the wall joint.

The guy walks in, there is a long bar opposite a wall with 3 doors. On the bar sets a giant glass jar full of cash, he estimates it to be 10s of thousands of dollars.

Behind the bar, is this little old man. So old he probably farts dust. But the guy is sure this was the place he was sent, so he walks inside.

The bartender asks him his business, the guy explains he needs to know the meaning of life before he jumps off a bridge.

The old man says, "I can give you that information, but you need to pass a serious of tasks to prove you are worthy. If you are serious, you need to put a $100 bill into the jar, then I will give you the tasks. Complete them, and the knowledge you seek will be yours, along with the cash."

The guy pulls out a C note, puts it in the jar hesitantly, then looks the bartender in the eye and says, "Im ready!"

The bartender points to the 3 doors, instructing him that each one has a challenge behind them that most men would run from.

The first door he says, "Behind that one, is a punch drunk heavyweight boxer. You have to pick a fight with him, and win! Behind the second door is an alligator with a bad tooth. You have to pull that tooth bare handed. Lastly, behind door number 3 is a 98 year old woman who has never been with a man. You need to satisfy that woman!"

He enters the first room, and you can hear the most violent fist fight imaginable. Grunts, groans, screams. There is even dust falling from the ceiling fan they are bouncing off the walls so hard.

A few minutes later, the guy comes out. His face is battered and bruised, his knuckles bleeding....... But he won.

He enters the second door. The old man stands at the bar smiling as this guy might finally be the one. The door closes, and the most blood curdling screams fill the bar. The noises coming from this room are so loud and scary, the old man is tempted to go help the guy before he gets himself killed.

He is bleeding from cuts and gashes all over, his clothes torn to shreds. He is breathing so heavy it takes him a few minutes to catch his breath.

When he can finally speak again, he asks the bartender, "OK, so where is this old woman with the bad tooth?"

Much appreciated.

Keith

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You, you, You're good you.

Guy walks into a bar....

jalapus logan

Silver Member
...because that is what you do...

Yeah, that's true. I'm a creature of habit. Guess I might as well persist. My new pool room, if and when it ever gets set up, will be pretty cool. Gotta lay down the cork floor I've decided on first, then install reclaimed lumber over the cement wall. The rest is already finished out. Hell, I might even share pics in the off chance that I actually complete this thing and decide to set my table up again...lol.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Jl year are a good guy but had a bad day/week. One of the most stressful things a person or couple can do is build or buy a house. It can tear up a life or relationship. Don’t be down about the small things like a lousy break or even money, those types of things will seem insignificant n the future. Spring and summer are close and the growing season will help put things in perspective. Even if a garden will not be possible this year you will be prepping for it soon.

A blind man just typed this with sausage thumbs and can’t be held responsible for type O’s

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You had better believe this build stressed my marriage to the max. Have any of you ever wondered how similar the words marriage and mirage really are? Lol.

I actually have 3 pretty large garden beds established and sheet mulched ready for planting after we get our final coat of paint on the exterior. Even have 50 or so perennials installed in a holding bed awaiting their final home. It's a really engaging space full of potential. I'll share pics when they are worth sharing. I also have planted ~200 or so trees. Will be nice to watch them grow over the years. The missus and I will survive it seems, but man its been tough going and the project has dragged on far too long. But you're right...spring is near!

Cheers my friend,

JL

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
From your original post it looks like you’re living elsewhere and working on a new house. Moving and changing jobs are the two most stressful modern day occurrences I think, but one of the worst aspects of moving is if you move in before the work is done lol. Living with your construction site is horrendous. Push on and get that thing ready for your fam and just try to enjoy what you can. We only float on the rock once

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”

― Albert Camus

jalapus logan

Silver Member
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”

― Albert Camus

I read The stranger in 1997. Well done Albert.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Quote of the day:

The life of man is of no greater importance to the universe than that of an oyster.

David Hume

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote of the day:

The life of man is of no greater importance to the universe than that of an oyster.

David Hume

But the life of an oyster is of GREAT importance to this man. Shucked raw, roasted, Oyster pie, goddamit Jalapus, now you got me Jonesin'. And it's March!