Diamond Table Rack

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello

I have a Diamond Bar Box and it didn't come with a Diamond rack. Anyone know where to purchase one from and what a fair price is?

Any other racks just as good. Currently using magic rack and its okay for me but slows down play especially for my non everyday playing friends

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trentfromtoledo posted in a recent thread he has a couple dozen in stock for sale. His price seemed fair. PM him.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
$45 shipped to cali. pm me

TFT
Hello

I have a Diamond Bar Box and it didn't come with a Diamond rack. Anyone know where to purchase one from and what a fair price is?

Any other racks just as good. Currently using magic rack and its okay for me but slows down play especially for my non everyday playing friends

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy the wood ones for $65 on Seyberts. I don’t care for the plastic ones at all.

For a couple bucks more, I’d get a Delta 13 though...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can buy the wood ones for $65 on Seyberts. I don’t care for the plastic ones at all.

For a couple bucks more, I’d get a Delta 13 though...
As with all wood racks including the Diamond wood rack, over over a period of time the finish will wear off and the wood will start splintering - especially in commercial usage settings.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care for the plastic ones at all.

Interesting. They seem to have the same dimensions as the Diamond wood racks and I imagine the polycarbonate would not break down at all over time.

So what's not to like?

Last edited:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. They seem to have the same dimensions as the Diamond wood racks and I imagine the polycarbonate would not break down at all over time.

So what's not too like?

They’re kind of double-walled, if that makes sense. The interior wall flexes quite a bit and I find it harder to get a tight rack.

FWIW, our room has all Diamond tables. We have a pretty even split between wood and plastic Diamond racks. Also have one Delta. I prefer the wood over the plastic and the aluminum Delta over the wood. I get pretty much the same consistency from the Delta as I do from a Magic Rack.

Of course, YMMV...

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy rack fix

As with all wood racks including the Diamond wood rack, over over a period of time the finish will wear off and the wood will start splintering - especially in commercial usage settings.

Clean rack with magic eraser, lightly sand. Wipe on polyurethane, two coats. Carnauba wax. I used to repair and refinish the Brunswick brand racks at a local pool hall in NJ. These were the classic two tone racks with rounded edges. The racks would fail at the glue joint. I'd file the joint area with a triangular file to remove the old glue, two part epoxy it together and clamp with a strap designed for chairs ( I removed one of the 90 degree metal pieces). Never had a joint I repaired fail. The owner was thrilled to save some money.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clean rack with magic eraser, lightly sand. Wipe on polyurethane, two coats. Carnauba wax. I used to repair and refinish the Brunswick brand racks at a local pool hall in NJ. These were the classic two tone racks with rounded edges. The racks would fail at the glue joint. I'd file the joint area with a triangular file to remove the old glue, two part epoxy it together and clamp with a strap designed for chairs ( I removed one of the 90 degree metal pieces). Never had a joint I repaired fail. The owner was thrilled to save some money.
I’ll try that on our diamond wood racks, as they are too expensive to order new ones! Do you light sand between the two coats of polyurethane? I assume you don’t need to do the entire rack but just the inner edges on all three of the points?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a Diamond table with their wood rack, a few months back, really nice rack. Before refinishing with Poly, I would sample a small out of the way spot first. Odds are the rack was originally finished with lacquer, but maybe not. You may get a reaction with dissimilar finishes.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

I also noticed that when using the wooden Diamond racks during times of high humidity that the head ball will often stick to the rack when you slide the rack forward pulling the head ball away from the others. Never had this this problem during winter, only during high heat and humidity. Other than that the wooden Diamonds are my 2nd favorite rack, right behind my Delta 13 Elite.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I would lightly sand with fine sandpaper after the first coat, yes. Also, use a quality brush made for stain/poly to get the best finish.

Not necessary to wax after poly on a rack, or any heavily used wood. Maybe for S&G on a piece of unused furniture.