10,000 Ball Marathon for The United Way

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
I just came from the live stream and David is at 8325 balls. OMG this is just an amazing thing to do for such a great cause. What a great way to share his talent and give back some to the game and promote it at the same time. Your the Man for sure BJ.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I just came from the live stream and David is at 8325 balls. OMG this is just an amazing thing to do for such a great cause. What a great way to share his talent and give back some to the game and promote it at the same time. Your the Man for sure BJ.

Somewhere at around 8400-8500 balls, I unscrewed my cues in disgust and just walked out of the pool hall.

The 10,000 ball goal was not met. This is the first time in 9 attempts that my goal was not met. This is the only time I just stopped and unscrewed my cue and left.

I believe that this fundraiser was not respected by the management of Pockets. Last night the manager told us that we were costing him money just by being there and doing this fundraiser. Keep in mind I was supposed to be on 2 tables, we went down to 1 table because the other table was unplayable.

I still managed to pocket 8400+ balls using 1 table amidst a crowd of people that kept getting in my way every other shot.

Physically I am not tired at all. I'm a little sore, but I could went on for another 3 hours easily and met the goal.

Due to the circumstances, I know I made the right choice to leave. I think I stayed longer and put up the BS longer than anybody else would have.

I don't have a clue how much money was raised. If you gave - we thank you very much - and The United Way thanks you.

Raising money for a good cause is what this was all about. It's too bad that the staff at this room had their heads so far up their asses that they were unable to realize that.

Dwight, I know you did all that you could have done. It was a rough weekend.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
So sorry to hear about all the BS. Doesnt matter to us that support you and your cause what the final numbers were we all still love ya and are so proud of you. As for the shaft do what you want, keep it, sell it or send it back. Put it up for auction. ask Gene @ Crown Cues if they would like to buy one of his shafts that help make 8500 balls. Now that would be good for him..lol..this game aint over yet. Take Care My Friend, sincerly Floyd ccn7 tibbetts

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Sorry you have to fade the disrespect David. I admire you for your dedication and sacrifice for a great humane cause.

DennyS

Pro-Instructor
Silver Member
Great job Blackjack! In my mind you did finish your goal. I'm real proud of you my friend!

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
We were there. We saw how great he was doing. We enjoyed watching him pocket ball after ball. Gene really enjoyed it and since we had missed the stuff about the Crown Cues shaft, it was a nice surprise.

Blackjack stayed very dedicated to the cause, even with the frustration of people getting in his way, over and over. He was supposed to have a sectioned off area and the pool hall decided to open it up, allowing traffic to walk by, wander around, stand in his way, etc..

Dwight did all he could, but it just wasn't enough. They had a lot of people there and I suppose the money from just a few table rentals was worth more to them than being supportive of a good cause. Surely they didn't realize how close he was to the end, or how it would make them look.

I don't think anyone blames Blackjack for leaving, although it was a real shame that he got so close and they didn't let him finish, before opening up the area. What a trooper he was to hang on as long as he did.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Sorry the quality is not any better. Dark room, lots of smoke, moving target...

Tallahassee9026b.jpg
Tallahassee9027b.jpg

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
We were there. We saw how great he was doing. We enjoyed watching him pocket ball after ball. Gene really enjoyed it and since we had missed the stuff about the Crown Cues shaft, it was a nice surprise.

Blackjack stayed very dedicated to the cause, even with the frustration of people getting in his way, over and over. He was supposed to have a sectioned off area and the pool hall decided to open it up, allowing traffic to walk by, wander around, stand in his way, etc..

Dwight did all he could, but it just wasn't enough. They had a lot of people there and I suppose the money from just a few table rentals was worth more to them than being supportive of a good cause. Surely they didn't realize how close he was to the end, or how it would make them look.

I don't think anyone blames Blackjack for leaving, although it was a real shame that he got so close and they didn't let him finish, before opening up the area. What a trooper he was to hang on as long as he did.

Thank you so much for all of your support, Gene! It really meant a lot to me to have you and Renee there to see me pocket all of those balls with a Crown Cues shaft!

As far as the problems that we had, the blame falls solely on the management of the establishment. We went up there with our hearts in the right place to raise money for a good cause, and we were more shocked than anything at the attitudes we encountered. Thank you to everybody that donated to the United Way!

To anybody from Pockets that might stumble across this post, please know I am very appreciative to the work that Dwight, Debbie, and James put into this project, but I find it sad that their hard work got shitt upon because ya'll wanted to make a few bucks on table time.

:shrug:

Despite this troubling experience, I am getting ready to do it again very soon!

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
...Despite this troubling experience, I am getting ready to do it again very soon!

Hopefully, you'll get to finish, next time.

Best wishes from No Man's Land. We look forward to seeing you again, sometime!

Somebody was asking (on a stream, last night) where the next one will be....???

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Hopefully, you'll get to finish, next time.

Best wishes from No Man's Land. We look forward to seeing you again, sometime!

Somebody was asking (on a stream, last night) where the next one will be....???

The next one will be here locally in Orlando. It is in the planning stages now. I am always available to do this, all that is required is 2 tables free of traffic for two 12 hour shifts, a case of bottled water, and a good cause.