want to know if they can be made smaller
by a tech of course

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I can fit 2 balls plus about .25 per side more of space on my pockets

want to know if they can be made smaller
by a tech of course

Your pockets can absolutely be made smaller. This can be done a couple of different ways, but the skill of the mechanic plays a large role in how it is done. Some guys will add wood to the ends of the subrails, which usually requires installation of new cushions. Other guys will tighten pockets by installing thicker facings, or by stacking layers of facings together.

Either method will effectively tighten the pockets, but there are downfalls to each. Extending the subrails is much more expensive, but you will end up with a pocket that plays more true. Usually, this is the preferred method if you intend to have the pocket angles changed as well. Adding thicker/layering facings is a cheaper solution, and is easily reversible, though it could make the pocket play somewhat dead.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
And Im guessing next question should be how to you go about locating a table mechanic in your area

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good crown pockets.

I have a GOLD CROWN II. That I had the pockets calibrated and Artemis cusions installed. Work was done by DONNY WESSELS (SDBILLIARDS).

Last edited:

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table

Nice
and interesting your formica seems to have the same pits mine does
same cloth

I picked this table up from an online auction. Texas A&M Kingsville around 2009, saved up and when I got my orders to Japan, I sent the rails to SDBILLIARDS, and he recut the pocket angels extended the subrail and installed Artemis cusions.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I picked this table up from an online auction. Texas A&M Kingsville around 2009, saved up and when I got my orders to Japan, I sent the rails to SDBILLIARDS, and he recut the pocket angels extended the subrail and installed Artemis cusions.

So you have to disassemble and send it yourself

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rails

Yes, I took the table apart, built crates for the slates (only because I wanted them protected ) movers packed and sent table to Japan. I boxed up and sent rails to Donny Wessels.

JC

Coos Cues

I'm not sure Donny is doing this type of work any more. Better check with him.

JC