2018 WPA World 9 Ball

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This is ridiculous. The ref racks the balls in the same order everyt ime, the corner ball is dead, and the 1 sits up in front of the corner pocket every rack.

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is ridiculous. The ref racks the balls in the same order everyt ime, the corner ball is dead, and the 1 sits up in front of the corner pocket every rack.

I realize it's the same for both players, but I thought there was a WPA rule about needing to rack in random order. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows for sure. It's definitely a breaking contest.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I realize it's the same for both players, but I thought there was a WPA rule about needing to rack in random order. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows for sure. It's definitely a breaking contest.

What I dislike the most about this is the corner ball being dead every rack. That's why it becomes a breaking contest, to see who gets shape on that 1 ball. You don't have to do anything to make a ball on the break except hit the rack.

I also thought there was a rule about not pattern racking.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Kazakis leads Filler 8-7. I hope Kazakis makes the final. I'll be rooting for him if he does, but I don't think anybody is going to beat Biado with this racking format.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ho hum yet another year without a world championship from the alleged best player in the world. Glad some things never change.

Maybe he will win one if they make it a race to 100

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Ho hum yet another year without a world championship from the alleged best player in the world. Glad some things never change.

Maybe he will win one if they make it a race to 100

To be fair he's come very close consistently. Not a dig, because this is not an easy task. He'll get one eventually