Women's Pro Tournament

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Had a great time with Nick Varner doing commentary on the finals championship matches between Fisher and Yu Ram. Yu Ram dominated the matches and Allison just didn't have a lot of opportunities to shoot. When it was her turn, she was looking at a kick or a bank at best.

Allison will be inducted into the Hall of Fame and she deserves it because of her decade of sterling play but also the class which she shows even when she loses. Allison earns my respect by being a classy lady once again.

Yu Ram Cha is a small stick of dynamite and has the composure of a Shaolin Priest.

Plenty of great pool still coming. Finals One pocket championship on Thursday. Ten Ball tournament starts tomorrow. Eight ball tournament going on now. You will be seeing lots more top notch pool on the FREE Live Stream by Taylor Road Production for the next SEVERAL days. Hope you tune in and say hi.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
By the way, Cha came ONE BALL from shutting out the Duchess of Doom in the second set. That would have been a once in a lifetime occurence imo. Instead she had to settle for a 7-1 flogging.

JoeyA

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Commentating

Great job commentating with Nick and the other matches. Will be watching all week.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey - Saw some of the Cha / Fisher match and you guys did a great job commentating. Glad to see you're having fun in Galveston.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nice post, Joey. By the sound of it, the old and new guard of women's pro pool came together in glorious fashion. Allison, through years of excellence as both a player and a representative of our sport, has set the bar very high. Yu Ram Cha is one of several ladies that has answered the challenge, and seems destined to be a major force in our sport for years to come.

Thanks to you and all those involved in making the Galveston event happen. Each and every one of you is a positiive influence in our sport, and are worthy of my highest commendation.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks to all of you who tuned in. The pro player commentators, myself and the Taylor Road Production crew REALLY appreciate your participation in the Chat Rooms even though I am not always able to keep up with the steady flow of questions and dialogue.

Personally, I am searching for ways to improve the commentary on each and every match. Unfortunately, after even one or two matches, it is possible to fall a little flat and after more than two consecutive matches you can easily become tired and distracted.

The Taylor Road Production likes the evolution of this tournament and so do I. The word on the street is that this will not be the last.

Thanks again for your kind words. They are appreciated but we will always strive to bring you our best commentary. I am learning more every day and while you may not see great changes, there will be subtle improvements, I promise.

I even learned how to pronounce Sylver Ochoa's last name although I might have misspelled it just now. :grin::eek:

JoeyA

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
My Horse lost, so i'm a bit down.But my hat goes off to you and Nick for such a fantastic job in the booth. i had the pleasure of meeting Nick and hope to meet and greet with you some day too Joey A. Great job thanks so much.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Nick was great in the booth, a class act and what a BCA HOFer is all about.