1939 Brunswick

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy an old Brunswick table. It looks very similar to a Gold Crown, especially the feet, but I know the Gold Crown wasn't released until the early 60's. This table has a stamp that says August 10, 1939.

It is in great shape for such an old table. There are actually eight (8) tables I can choose from. Slates look good, etc.

Anyone have any information about a Brunswick table made in 1939 that looks like a Gold Crown? Value?

Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
Here is a link to old Brunswicks............http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/antique_tables/index.html

Just click on the "Picture Gallery".

If it's made in 1939 it probably has pocket irons.
The legs look like a GC??? Closest thing to a Gold Crowns legs I'm aware of is Centennial and Anniversary. Both of those started in the 40s and they don't look that much like a GC pedestal.Maybe an Exposition or a Paramount?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy an old Brunswick table. It looks very similar to a Gold Crown, especially the feet, but I know the Gold Crown wasn't released until the early 60's. This table has a stamp that says August 10, 1939.

It is in great shape for such an old table. There are actually eight (8) tables I can choose from. Slates look good, etc.

Anyone have any information about a Brunswick table made in 1939 that looks like a Gold Crown? Value?

Any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

A picture is worth a 1,000 words;)

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tables are all broken down and wrapped up. I will take some pictures of various pieces this weekend and post them up. Thanks again.

Kevin

whitey79

Registered
I have a Brunswick anniversary model dc with slates stamped aug 10, 1939. Does this mean the slates were made well before the table came out?

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Anniversary came out in 1945. More than likely, if it is an Anniversary and the slates say 1939 from the factory, they are not original to the table. Very easily could have come from another table from that era some time over the last 50 years. The only factor that I'm not 100% sure about with my theory is, would a 1939 table have the same bolt pattern as an Anniversary, unless some custom work was done to the slate(or the table)?

whitey79

Registered
I just looked over the slate and table, it hasn't been modified so.... possibly the older tables had the same bolt pattern, or the slate was manufactured before the u.s entered ww2 and wasn't built into a table until the war was over?