Anchorage, Alaska

aj6788

Best pool hall to visit in Anchorage, Alaska?

Please let me know their address and hours they're open.... thanks!

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anchorage Billiard Palace
903 west Northern Lights Blvd (Northern lights and Arctic)
907-562-4251 (Had that number since opened in 1988) - different location though
Hours are probably 11 am or so to 2 am.
Full liquor
Diamond tables

If you get a chance, go to Arctic RoadRunner. A little hole in the wall hamburger joint that has the BEST burger in the world!!!!! Its just around the corner - you'll love it.

Mark Griffin
(used to own the ABP and the building it is now in) - lol

aj6788

Thank you both for your replies. I'm hoping to definitely stop in there. My husband and I will be in town on a layover. What better thing to do than play pool! :-D

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you both for your replies. I'm hoping to definitely stop in there. My husband and I will be in town on a layover. What better thing to do than play pool! :-D

Mark is right about the Roadrunner burgers!

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know the hall that used to be on Old Seward? Just south of Tudor I think. I was last there in the late 90s, don't remember the name. It was underneath a night club, entrance around back. There had maybe 20 tables, including a few beautiful antiques. Pretty empty when I was in there, usually just 4 or 5 of old guys (ha! probably younger than me now) playing golf on a snooker table. (They had 2, maybe 3.) I wonder where all those tables are now.

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know the hall that used to be on Old Seward? Just south of Tudor I think. I was last there in the late 90s, don't remember the name. It was underneath a night club, entrance around back. There had maybe 20 tables, including a few beautiful antiques. Pretty empty when I was in there, usually just 4 or 5 of old guys (ha! probably younger than me now) playing golf on a snooker table. (They had 2, maybe 3.) I wonder where all those tables are now.

That was the original Anchorage Billiard Palace. Full of antiques. Nicest pool room in the country. I was probably one of the golf players you saw.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I never could understand why Alaska hasn't turned out more top tier players. They really don't have many pool halls there either. 8 months of cold ass winter...not much else to do.

PS: I use to get a bowl of chili at the Chena Bar in Fairbanks and then walk from bar to bar in well below zero, with a flannel shirt on.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I never could understand why Alaska hasn't turned out more top tier players. They really don't have many pool halls there either. 8 months of cold ass winter...not much else to do.

PS: I use to get a bowl of chili at the Chena Bar in Fairbanks and then walk from bar to bar in well below zero, with a flannel shirt on.

-

Let me guess.... It was up hill both ways...?

Rob.M

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Full liquor
Diamond tables

If you get a chance, go to Arctic RoadRunner. A little hole in the wall hamburger joint that has the BEST burger in the world!!!!! Its just around the corner - you'll love it.

Mark Griffin

Dang, soon as I saw the title of the thread I was saying to myself, Mark will be the first to post but you were second!

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was the original Anchorage Billiard Palace. Full of antiques. Nicest pool room in the country.

I believe those were the tables from Palace Billiards in San Fran. Great solid tables. I remember watching Louis Lemke school a few people on those tables.

aj6788

Full liquor
Diamond tables

Mark Griffin

Grabbing a bite to eat and heading over there after, happy to unwind, it's been a long trip from maine!

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Mark's (old) Place this past month... good stuff there.

Randy

Last edited: