AZ's Mike Wong in Semi's

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The sponsor was Chicago RJ....the Russian Magic Chalk.....
...and many more of us chipped in..we got our money's worth.

The tournament was the US Open Nine-ball

Ya that's him and I'd be surprised if he didn't think Mike represent his product well

You seem to have missed this post....Chicago RJ has been generous a few times on
AZ.....I think he should get credit for it.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sponsor was Chicago RJ....the Russian Magic Chalk.....
...and many more of us chipped in..we got our money's worth.

The tournament was the US Open Nine-ball

DCC also I believe ,, if anything Mikes going to give u a fair ride for your money and that's all you can ask for
Is he a world beater no he's not but he has a dream he's chasing he practices day in night chasing that ,,many of us wish we could do the same but we simply can not because our lives don't allow it , some reconize that and are in position to help Mike live his dream certainly there is nothing wrong with that
I tip my hat to those guys

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Started about 12:30 am, ended at 2:52 am (by my clock) with a shot clock being used for quite a bit of it.
Shot clock started after first hr. Mercifully!
Some have indicated Mike uses his slow play and ridiculous antics on purpose. He sure seemed to be able to pick it up after being put on the clock.
If that is true he deserves ALL his critics and NO future $$ support.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Some have indicated Mike uses his slow play and ridiculous antics on purpose. He sure seemed to be able to pick it up after being put on the clock.

Not true at all. And folks that play him know he's not doing it intentionally. He's just a slow player because he does not want to miss, maybe a bit of "overanalyzing" as well. The clock forced him to shoot more quickly, and hopefully, down the road, he finds the right rhythm for himself since it does not appear he missed a beat with the clock on him.

He's a solid player that is still getting his "game right", which includes the mental side. And yes, we've exchanged a few texts over the last few days, and I told him that he needs to pick it up, and that it would be good for his game to be able to analyze the table more quickly, make your decision, get on your shot and pull the trigger. Less "mess" in your head, keep the negative stuff out which happens when over analyzing a shot.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

The way he picked up after the shot clock was imposed? Damn right he does it on purpose, as in a sharking trick. It was the first time I watched him play, but it was obvious to me he does his crazy minutes long pre shot routine to get into his opponents heads.

He may be the nicest guy on the planet off the table...but on it? He will shark like crazy in order to win...so, far as I'm concerned, he has no pool ethics. Pool ethics...yeah, I know...an oxymoron.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Not true at all. And folks that play him know he's not doing it intentionally. He's just a slow player because he does not want to miss, maybe a bit of "overanalyzing" as well. The clock forced him to shoot more quickly, and hopefully, down the road, he finds the right rhythm for himself since it does not appear he missed a beat with the clock on him.

He's a solid player that is still getting his "game right", which includes the mental side. And yes, we've exchanged a few texts over the last few days, and I told him that he needs to pick it up, and that it would be good for his game to be able to analyze the table more quickly, make your decision, get on your shot and pull the trigger. Less "mess" in your head, keep the negative stuff out which happens when over analyzing a shot.

For his sake, I hope you're right...but I'd still urge the director of any tournament he enters to impose a shot clock.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Some of us actually know the guy for the years & a lot of his stalling is on purpose. I know a number of people who refuse to play him now regardless of the wagered amount because of his stalling moves.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Some of us actually know the guy for the years & a lot of his stalling is on purpose. I know a number of people who refuse to play him now regardless of the wagered amount because of his stalling moves.

You may think so, but you'd be wrong. there are other things "at work" here that you may not be familiar with. Everyone has their "ticks" and such in many different things they do, whether sports, work, life, etc. It certainly is not intentional. I don't think he's that good of an actor ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if one believes that the slow play isnt directly malicious, you gotta admit that there is some part of his conciousness that has sensed such a tactic has a benefit to him.