A true Gold Crown 2

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came across a real GC2 on ebay today. Its ironic timing with the discussion in Scotts thread.

The following info is all my opinion. I am not a mechanic, just a GC fan. Notice these pictures, they agree with all the statements in the original brunswick literature. Rosewood aprons, dark feet, brass ball box. These pictures even show the GC2 decal on the stretcher. IMO 99% of tables ever discussed on AZbiliards are GC1. I feel the GC1s had a few design updates and before the internet people just made assumptions, shared the info and it turned into fact. GC2 were only made for a couple years after the pool boom. There just aren't very many of them out there.

Attachments

• gc21.JPG
    gc21.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 499
  • gc22.jpg
    gc22.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 492
  • gc23.jpg
    gc23.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 509
  • gc24.JPG
    gc24.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 487

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have owned one since 1990.

Picked it up for 350, and had RKC do the rail and pocket work on it.

Table is pure joy to play on.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post some pictures if you dont mind. Would be nice to see some other gc2s.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I came across a real GC2 on ebay today. Its ironic timing with the discussion in Scotts thread.

The following info is all my opinion. I am not a mechanic, just a GC fan. Notice these pictures, they agree with all the statements in the original brunswick literature. Rosewood aprons, dark feet, brass ball box. These pictures even show the GC2 decal on the stretcher. IMO 99% of tables ever discussed on AZbiliards are GC1. I feel the GC1s had a few design updates and before the internet people just made assumptions, shared the info and it turned into fact. GC2 were only made for a couple years after the pool boom. There just aren't very many of them out there.

Finally......a true GC2!!!👍