Shaw v Filler Race to 50 9-ball Live on Facebook Now

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live now on Jason Shaw's facebook page. Race to 50 9-ball now, followed by race to 50 10-ball I assume tomorrow. Current score 30-245 Shaw. These guys both play fast - likely over 15 games / hour!

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw Fuller

Yeah, I was going to say this should last about 30 minutes....

It's amazing how fast Shaw can play and maintain such a high level.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I was going to say this should last about 30 minutes....

It's amazing how fast Shaw can play and maintain such a high level.
Pool would be so much more fun if everyone played as fast as these two guys! I'm not saying play as good as these guys, but if all of us played this fast, we'd all be better players, as we'd get to shoot 2-3 times as many shots as we do now!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This appears to be a Derby City tuneup, as they are playing with Cyclop balls on a Diamond table, with a Diamond rack, winner racks and breaks. For these guys, playing on 4-1/2" pockets is just not much of a challenge, but it sure is fun to watch them run racks in like 60 seconds!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic:

This video is a perfect example of why you must record pool with a camera that has manual focus and manual white balance settings.

You can see every time a player walks in front of the camera, the focus hunts, and the brightness hunts.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic:

This video is a perfect example of why you must record pool with a camera that has manual focus and manual white balance settings.

You can see every time a player walks in front of the camera, the focus hunts, and the brightness hunts.

2017 people be spoiled.

Yo.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic:

He's just using his ipad

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017 people be spoiled.

Yo.

He's just using his ipad

I'm not knocking him. People ask all the time what type of camera to buy for recording pool matches. Manual focus and manual white balance are the #1 and #2 thing to look at before anything else, because of what they do as seen in this video.

That's also one of the problem with iPhones/iPads/ for recording pool. They don't have these features built in. IDK if you can buy an app that allows you to lock the focus and balance for a few bucks.

Carry on:)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
When Jason wins, he should yell "Yeah, Come On" and then jump and grab his own ass...

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I'm not knocking him. People ask all the time what type of camera to buy for recording pool matches. Manual focus and manual white balance are the #1 and #2 thing to look at before anything else, because of what they do as seen in this video.

That's also one of the problem with iPhones/iPads/ for recording pool. They don't have these features built in. IDK if you can buy an app that allows you to lock the focus and balance for a few bucks.

Carry on:)

With the iPhone X you can set Manual Focus and also lock the brightness settings. I assume you can do it with other models as well, I was just playing with it on my phone and it works well, I am pretty sure it would do a good job recording or streaming a pool match

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the iPhone X you can set Manual Focus and also lock the brightness settings. I assume you can do it with other models as well, I was just playing with it on my phone and it works well, I am pretty sure it would do a good job recording or streaming a pool match

Oh awesome. I’ve had every model up to the 6s and none of them had it. Glad to see it’s on the new model.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was the final score?
I believe it was 50-33 Shaw. He must have really dominated the last 20 racks. They're doing it again tomorrow playing 10-ball race to 50. I hope it's true call shot 10-ball - which is the way the pros should be playing all their tournaments, in my opinion.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Off topic:

It lost focus cause they were moving so fast:thumbup:
Jason