Temple Texas

GoldRush cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So just a general question here, I need to know what the pool scene is Like in and around temple. Pool halls, tournaments , league play, table sizes, ect... just trying to see how healthy pool is there. Thanks for the info in advance!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jackpot on here lives in Temple ,but he seldom plays anymore

there is a room there where he goes and hits balls,drop him
a pm and tell him what you are looking for

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only been there once. Big-time army town with Ft. Hood. Lots of bar-box spots. If there's any big tables me and my buddy didn't find them.

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
Future Cues a Nice Pool Room

I would suggest Future Cues @ 102 South General Bruce Drive.
It's a pretty nice place and they have 2 or 3 9ft Diamonds and also Diamond Bar Boxes.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a pretty nice place and they have 2 or 3 9ft Diamonds and also Diamond Bar Boxes.

Future Cues can be pretty rough at night. Charlie's Cue is a good place to play. Most rooms in Temple area have diamond tables.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool halls in Temple TX

We have most of them listed on The GoPlayPool App.
The information was last updated about 4 months ago.
The app is free and so is the desktop/mobile if you are not into apps.

Nearby search by zip, or State-room or State-city-room
Filter and sort options available for:
Tournament/league availability
Age limits
Table sizes and table counts

All other info available for: amenities, food, alcohol and other entertainment.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
So just a general question here, I need to know what the pool scene is Like in and around temple. Pool halls, tournaments , league play, table sizes, ect... just trying to see how healthy pool is there. Thanks for the info in advance!

Best to call the room owners.
One place has 4-9'. Another had 1 the last time I was there. If you include the Kileen area, I think the area supports pool very well.Also at least two sanctioned state pool tournaments are held in Temple every year.

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member

Stay far away from this dump! The owner had a great idea but turned it into a karaoke, hip hop dancehall. Last time I was there the tables were trashed and you couldn't even walk through due to all the thugs everywhere.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay far away from this dump! The owner had a great idea but turned it into a karaoke, hip hop dancehall. Last time I was there the tables were trashed and you couldn't even walk through due to all the thugs everywhere.
And somebody here recommends sending a stranger there, wow!

GoldRush cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked skinny bobs, I was there in December. We are thinking about moving out there. My son and his wife are out of the military now, and her family is in round rock, I’ve been wanting to get out of California for awhile now, so I’m hoping our pool community will help with info on pool. Thanks.....

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked skinny bobs, I was there in December. We are thinking about moving out there. My son and his wife are out of the military now, and her family is in round rock, I’ve been wanting to get out of California for awhile now, so I’m hoping our pool community will help with info on pool. Thanks.....

Austin is a great spot... Alittle pricey as far as Texas goes, but nice nonetheless. And definitely probably is less pricey than Cali., so that should still be a relief

STAY AWAY from Future Cues, unless you got knives and a few guns on you, still may not be enough.....Place once was a great place though, butr like many pool rooms when it cant make it any longer you got to do what it takes to make money, and thats what they did

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlies Cues

Yea if your playing in Temple Charlies by far is the best place. All diamond bar boxes and one diamond 9ft and a 9ft gold crown. The owner is a cool guy as well. I highly recommend Charlies.

Frank

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea if your playing in Temple Charlies by far is the best place. All diamond bar boxes and one diamond 9ft and a 9ft gold crown. The owner is a cool guy as well. I highly recommend Charlies.

Frank

I thought both 9 footers were diamonds. Guess I was drunker than I thought!

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Yeah Future Cues is pretty rough for sure. The drink's are stiff and the music is LOUD! Matter of fact we were there in April for the BCAPL tourney and the night we went to future cues a guy got rolled for his cash in the parking lot and a nice ass whooping for his trouble...

Charlies is pretty good though.

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
Thanks and Sorry......

Yeah Future Cues is pretty rough for sure. The drink's are stiff and the music is LOUD! Matter of fact we were there in April for the BCAPL tourney and the night we went to future cues a guy got rolled for his cash in the parking lot and a nice ass whooping for his trouble...

Charlies is pretty good though.

Sorry guys I've only been to Future Cues maybe 3 times and never experienced or saw any trouble. I did not mean to mislead anybody or direct anyone into trouble. This past April during BCA State Tourney I was there from 3pm till about midnight on a Thursday, got in some action and had a pretty decent time. Guess I got lucky. Or maybe they left me alone because I wore my hat backwards :eek:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me too

Sorry guys I've only been to Future Cues maybe 3 times and never experienced or saw any trouble. I did not mean to mislead anybody or direct anyone into trouble. This past April during BCA State Tourney I was there from 3pm till about midnight on a Thursday, got in some action and had a pretty decent time. Guess I got lucky. Or maybe they left me alone because I wore my hat backwards :eek:
of women
I go there often, they have leagues going all the time. A lot of women playing league,
and wheelchair players. Four Diamond 9 ft. Free pool after7pm. $6.00 flat
rate from 2.00-6.00. Maybe since I grew up playing the bars, and pool rooms of
Dallas in the 60's 70' this place doesn't seem rough to me. I like it just fine, I don't
want to play at church or the YMCA anyway.
jack

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
of women
I go there often, they have leagues going all the time. A lot of women playing league,
and wheelchair players. Four Diamond 9 ft. Free pool after7pm. $6.00 flat
rate from 2.00-6.00. Maybe since I grew up playing the bars, and pool rooms of
Dallas in the 60's 70' this place doesn't seem rough to me. I like it just fine, I don't
want to play at church or the YMCA anyway.
jack

I guess I'm a lot like you JP. I grew up in some tough spots (Joe Burns place in Dayton was one of them), and was around gangsters and thugs all the time. I got to where I enjoyed their company and they liked me as well. I would laugh and joke with them just like anyone else. I will tell you this. I felt protected at all times when I was in there with them.

There was one kids joint I used to play at in Dayton where a couple of older bad asses liked to bully us young un's. One day I showed up with a friend of mine who was well known as a debt collector and they left me alone after that. :wink:

Last edited: