Gold Crown Chairs - Ebay

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I believe they had either black plastic plugs in the bottom (which it appears to me these have) or chrome plugs in the bottom. Both are easily replaceable.

If memory serves me right, and my memory is far more likely to kick me in the head nowadays than serve me willingly, setups like this were far more common in bowling alleys around the lanes than in pool rooms.

Pretty pricey, although you'd be paying for the fine condition.

I'd also bet they are not really that rare--you just have to find out how they normally get listed--they may normally be listed under chairs, stools, soda fountain seating, etc. Not all sellers know how to properly list products they find at flea markets, estate sales, garage sales, etc.

I have 4 sets and they all have feet.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
1,500bux???? Crazy.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, I would not pay that much for them to go with my GCI, matching light, and matching floor standing double sided cue rack. I have 1 Brunswick wood/leather billiard chair, I would like to find at lest 1 more to match it some day, I also have 4 other "off brand" billiard chairs that work just fine for now.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
$1500.00? No. It's old, it's cool, but materials, No.

$500 on a good day, yes, maybe.

I like old stuff like that. But even for the $500 I said, I can get something much more comfortable.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quick search led me to this 13 piece set of Brunswick bowling alley chairs for $178 total. Local pickup only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bowling-al...=item1a6b706800:g:XBEAAOSwD~Fb5Gus:rk:18:pf:0

If the link doesn't work just search "Bowling Alley Furniture" on eBay.

Whats your point? This is a bunch of unrelated bowling stuff. The chairs in the original post were sold as a direct accessory to the GC1 tables in the 60s.

Find another set of these chairs for sale at any price. Very tough which is why someone decided 1500 wasn't out of their budget.

I would also happily pay $1500 for the double sided cue rack mentioned in a previous post. I have only ever seen 1 other of those.

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those aren't THAT rare... here in SoCal a bowling alley closed up and
there were several sets like those, and the ash trays, etc. I think
somebody bought all of them. Gotta have room for that stuff!

Now what I'd call rare is a Brunswick Centennial cue wall rack..
I've only seen one, with the aluminum that matches the table!

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those aren't THAT rare... here in SoCal a bowling alley closed up and
there were several sets like those, and the ash trays, etc. I think
somebody bought all of them. Gotta have room for that stuff!

Now what I'd call rare is a Brunswick Centennial cue wall rack..
I've only seen one, with the aluminum that matches the table!

good point, centennial stuff is very rare! makes the GC stuff seem easy to find.