Outsville Order of Tecno-Dud.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Chris went above and beyond that of most major retailers and refunded not just shipping but the entire cost of the order. So Tom got his stuff for free. And that's why it warrants a whole new thread, praising Outsville. Not just a simple "oh by the way" post 4 pages deep in a thread that was started on negative intentions.

If he just waited like any normal customer, this would've all been handled normally instead of with a thousand views.

Like yourself I was not part of this transaction, I can only evaluate what was posted.

Chris did go above and beyond by refunding shipping and cost of tips, although that offer was only made after this thread, and as others have posted Chris "closing his account" is a bit open to interpretation, if he is blacklisted over writing an honest description of his experience? I certainly wouldn't create a thread singing outsvilles praises if that is the case, quite the opposite actually.

Sharing your buying experience might not be "normal" to you, but reviews are an intergral part of bussiness in this digital age. Is everyone who writes a yelp review not normal, what about all the threads on AZ about people waiting on an order from OB, are they not normal people either?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like yourself I was not part of this transaction, I can only evaluate what was posted.

Chris did go above and beyond by refunding shipping and cost of tips, although that offer was only made after this thread, and as others have posted Chris "closing his account" is a bit open to interpretation, if he is blacklisted over writing an honest description of his experience? I certainly wouldn't create a thread singing outsvilles praises if that is the case, quite the opposite actually.

Sharing your buying experience might not be "normal" to you, but reviews are an intergral part of bussiness in this digital age. Is everyone who writes a yelp review not normal, what about all the threads on AZ about people waiting on an order from OB, are they not normal people either?

The OB problems are months or weeks of waiting. This thread and review was made while the resolution was taking place after 3 days. How can someone write Review when the transaction and resolution had not even been completed? You can't justify that fact that this thread jumped the gun a bit.

You wrote "although that offer was only made after this thread".
exactly. The thread was made so fast because Tom was expecting free over night in a day after he contacted Chris.

This thread was a shakedown and it worked. Oh well nothing new around the pool world. I worked in a pool hall in the past...many such cases.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when 2 day shipping is late because of USPS/FedEx/UPS do they offer a refund? Nope. Stop living in a fantasy world. If everyone and everything was perfect there wouldn’t be a need for laws. You’re going to lose your argument every single time, just let it go that you’re wrong.

Let's take FedEx as an example, quote directly from the FedEx website"
We offer a money-back guarantee for every U.S. shipment. You may request a refund or credit of your shipping charges if we miss our published (or quoted, as in the case of FedEx SameDay®) delivery time by even 60 seconds."

So clearly, you know what you are talking about, it would be foolish to argue with someone as knowledgeable as yourself, since I will always lose anyways.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
It was nice that Outsville refunded the order and they also said they shipped. I don't mind paying for the order and will send them payment when I receive it. My only complaint was related to shipping.

The response from them is appreciated and I hope to write a positive review of them and their tips in the future. I was able to get a tip from a friend and put it on his Revo and he says it is awesome. So I look forward to testing it myself.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I ordered from Adidas, Remington, even more "big companies"...miss ship date...oh well...sometimes item never arrives...their response "we'll ship you a new one".

No freebies.
No discounts.

Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Sometimes the world doesn't stop for each of us. And why expect something for free.

Try looking at it from a different perspective. Adidas doesn’t have to give you anything because one customer (or 10, or 100, or 1000), won’t affect their business. In the world of small business you have to work very hard to initiate and maintain customer relationships.

There’s also quite a lot of false equivalency going on. Paying for expedited shipping, receiving it, but having the delivery delayed by the delivery company or other unforeseen circumstances is not the same as paying for expedited shipping, and having you’re order delayed by foreseen circumstances; ie, we know we have a flaw in our ordering process and haven’t put anything in place to ensure deliveries are not affected.

Being a small business is not an excuse. Imagine if you ordered an apple from me and I told you there was a 1% chance you’d receive an orange. You ask me why that is, and I tell you it’s because one of our packers is blind and they often send out the wrong fruit. Now, I have the right to operate like this, but I would not be at all surprised if people complained when they got oranges instead of apples, and if fruit buyers the world over found out I was entrusting my packing process to someone who can’t consistently tell the difference between apples and oranges. If this was my business and I wanted to continue employing this person, I’d stop selling fruits of similar shapes; bananas and apples only.

Hahaha, damn, that analogy got out of control very quickly.

Personally, I wouldn’t offer 2-day delivery if I knew there was a chance I couldn’t provide it. Are you telling me you would purchase something knowing there’s a 1% chance you wouldn’t get it? I suspect you’re going to tell me you would, because you know he’s a stand-up guy. Most customers wouldn’t know who the owner of the business is, or care.

And all of this has nothing to do with the quality of his character, his ability to make things right, the size of his business, or how many children he has. If these factors are important to you, that’s fine. Most people just want what they pay for.

Outsville did go above and beyond, and personally, I don’t think they should have. I think refunded shipping costs would have been appropriate.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outsville did go above and beyond, and personally, I don’t think they should have. I think refunded shipping costs would have been appropriate.

Yes, I agree. I brought up Adidas and other companies to show that bigger companies with larger shipping resources still have shipping problems.

If all OP wanted was refunded shipping costs, that's an easy $8 refund...but he didn't state his intentions. He just have a lot of heat without a proper wait for resolution. He was basically doing what everyone looking for something for free does.

However, if Chris didn't refund everything, there around have been those who said it wasn't enough because "the client was disappointed".
Basically he stacked the decks in the initial post. Writing a negative reviews no matter what Outsville did. Like I said, it was unfortunate and in haste.

Shuddy

Silver Member
Yes, I agree. I brought up Adidas and other companies to show that bigger companies with larger shipping resources still have shipping problems.

If all OP wanted was refunded shipping costs, that's an easy $8 refund...but he didn't state his intentions. He just have a lot of heat without a proper wait for resolution. He was basically doing what everyone looking for something for free does.

However, if Chris didn't refund everything, there around have been those who said it wasn't enough because "the client was disappointed".
Basically he stacked the decks in the initial post. Writing a negative reviews no matter what Outsville did. Like I said, it was unfortunate and in haste.

Yeah, I personally wouldn’t have made a post about it, but we can’t discourage people from sharing their experiences. Actually, I feel it’s been a positive experience. Now I know Outsville has some kind of bugged ordering process, and it’s a total pain in the ass for them, but for whatever reason, they can’t easily solve the problem. At least when I make an order, I’ll be aware there’s a chance things will take longer than expected, and others will know not to rely on the two day shipping in emergencies. Get your orders in early and have plenty of stock for your customers.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's take FedEx as an example, quote directly from the FedEx website"
We offer a money-back guarantee for every U.S. shipment. You may request a refund or credit of your shipping charges if we miss our published (or quoted, as in the case of FedEx SameDay®) delivery time by even 60 seconds."

So clearly, you know what you are talking about, it would be foolish to argue with someone as knowledgeable as yourself, since I will always lose anyways.

And how many people has that worked for? Just because a company has a policy in place, doesn’t mean the employees will be trained to deal with it. They’re trained to provide excuses as to why a refund can’t be made. Weather, broken trucks/facilities, and many more excuses are outlined in that brief out of context quote you took.

Shuddy

Silver Member
And how many people has that worked for? Just because a company has a policy in place, doesn’t mean the employees will be trained to deal with it. They’re trained to provide excuses as to why a refund can’t be made. Weather, broken trucks/facilities, and many more excuses are outlined in that brief out of context quote you took.

I’ve never done it with Fedex, but I have with Amazon Prime delivery. Actually felt a little guilty the first time I did it, so haven’t done it since. I live on an island in South Korea, and I’m not sure their estimates take that into account. Had a delivery cost of $130 and it was two days late. I emailed Amazon, not asking for anything specific, and they gave a complete refund of the shipping fee before the item had even arrived. I can imagine Fedex would be a harder task, but it seems a pretty black and white guarantee.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am not an executive at FedEx who has access to how many people are approved or denied.

As someone who ships on a daily basis, I have had zero issues with FedEx refunding me when orders were not delivered on time, I can say the same about priorty mail express from the USPS.

Now be honest, did you even know about the companies you mentioned having a money back guarantee? Seems you spoke out of turn and are trying to save face by deflecting now.

You talking about employees not knowing the policy when it is posted all over the store.

I call bullshit.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can imagine Fedex would be a harder task, but it seems a pretty black and white guarantee.

Certainly mileage will vary depending on the store, but yes it is black and white. This thing about employee's not knowing the policy, lmao, that is just nonsensical mumbo jumbo trying to save face, IMHO.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not an executive at FedEx who has access to how many people are approved or denied.

As someone who ships on a daily basis, I have had zero issues with FedEx refunding me when orders were not delivered on time, I can say the same about priorty mail express from the USPS.

Now be honest, did you even know about the companies you mentioned having a money back guarantee? Seems you spoke out of turn and are trying to save face by deflecting now.

You talking about employees not knowing the policy when it is posted all over the store.

I call bullshit.

I'll chime in on FedEx....two years back...around Christmas time, one order was stolen from doorstep. Even though our area was flagged as a do not leave on doorstep area. I raised holy hell, called up FedEx, even went down to the shipping hub. They said it was not their responsibility and we would have to get a refund from the seller since the driver left a door notice--it was delivered.
Luckily the seller, sent us an entirely new shipment (This time to a different address).

Very next week, my wife orders another small item but specifically requests it not left at the doorstep. Very same driver, same FedEx, left it at doorstep and it's stolen (never even knocked even though my wife was home watching the tracking). 15 minutes and it was gone.

Once again went down to FedEx hub, spoke to manager. All they could do is say they would talk to the driver, but refund would have to go through seller.
On this one, the seller was a no show and we lost the item and money completely (it wasn't much, less than $50).

So those FedEx rules to right out the window once the real world shows up. From then on it was a completely different address for shipping until we built a new house in a better area.

(On a side note: UPS never had a problem following directions and not leaving the package, plus they would knock and wait for a response...seems like their drivers are a bit better at customer service).

Overall point...Outsville went above and beyond here and deserves a better mention/treatment by the OP than a small two sentence post #44. But look how the delay in a good customer service review is ok all of a sudden that the tips are mailed and money is back in the account.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll chime in on FedEx....two years back...around Christmas time, one order was stolen from doorstep. Even though our area was flagged as a do not leave on doorstep area. I raised holy hell, called up FedEx, even went down to the shipping hub. They said it was not their responsibility and we would have to get a refund from the seller since the driver left a door notice--it was delivered.
Luckily the seller, sent us an entirely new shipment (This time to a different address).

Very next week, my wife orders another small item but specifically requests it not left at the doorstep. Very same driver, same FedEx, left it at doorstep and it's stolen (never even knocked even though my wife was home watching the tracking). 15 minutes and it was gone.

Once again went down to FedEx hub, spoke to manager. All they could do is say they would talk to the driver, but refund would have to go through seller.
On this one, the seller was a no show and we lost the item and money completely (it wasn't much, less than $50).

So those FedEx rules to right out the window once the real world shows up. From then on it was a completely different address for shipping until we built a new house in a better area.

None of that has anything to do with guaranteed shipping delivery times, you realize that right?

The issues you mention have not even been broached in this thread and are not relevant to anything discussed, and also do not fall under FedEx's policy about packages not being delivered on time. If your package wasn't delivered on time, I have zero doubt that if you filed a complaint about a delivery you sent not being delivered in a timely manner, you would easily receive a refund.

Nobody stole Chris's package, the package wasn't lost(it simply was not shipped due to an error on Chris's end). Any other hypothetical situations you guys may conjure up, at least try to make relevant to the thread.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cardigan Kid, if anything you have accused Tom of trying to shakedown Chris(for some 10 dollars tips, are you f'ing kidding me?), which I find utterly distasteful and rather trashy, especially with the way Tom has responded in this thread.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of that has anything to do with guaranteed shipping delivery times, you realize that right?

The issues you mention have not even been broached in this thread and are not relevant to anything discussed, and also do not fall under FedEx's policy about packages not being delivered on time. If your package wasn't delivered on time, I have zero doubt that if you filed a complaint about a delivery you sent not being delivered in a timely manner, you would easily receive a refund.

Nobody stole Chris's package, the package wasn't lost(it simply was not shipped due to an error on Chris's end). Any other hypothetical situations you guys may conjure up, at least try to make relevant to the thread.

Again, this is a customer service thread. I was a FedEx customer and they hid behind their doortag rules to get out of covering anything. This is how it pertains to thread. Shit happens-life goes on. Wait for resolution. Make review.

OP was impatient and you are sticking up for him.

Others here disagree. At first you said the companies were too big and didn't pertain to this thread. Now you are saying Chris's package wasn't stolen but he refunded everything but that doesn't count in questioning the OPs motives or comparing Chris's response to larger billion dollar corporations.

You need to get more consistent.

OP was wrong in jumping the gun, and his small 2 sentence promotion on post 44 is typical of such situations.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP was impatient and you are sticking up for him.

Others here disagree.

Hu agrees with me, got a few greenies from others who agree with me as well, we have a different opinion, I respect your opinion, but I still disagree with you 100%.

I think at this point I will just be repeating myself with any future comments so I shall unsubscribe to the thread.
Wish you well and enjoyed talking with you and sharing views, take it easy.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I call bullshit.

Only bullshit I smell is you. Can’t read my response and make up a bold claim to attack me with that I didn’t make? Your not being able to read has compounded your problem.

Being instructed not to do something is different than not knowing about something.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a client that really wanted to try the Techno-Dud on his cue and I figured I would try one on my cue as well. He wanted to use it to play in a big local tournament this weekend, so I placed the order last Monday and paid for 2 day shipping.

On Thursday I still had not received the order so I emailed them because the tracking showed it had not even been shipped.

I got this response from them "My apologies Tom, Tips are always in stock and looking at your order it is showing printed but nothing past that. All I can assume is stamps didn’t actually print the label which we have happen a few times each month. I can refund you since we missed getting them out in time or can ship them today…."

I replied to them that yes I would like them to ship my order ASAP.

Today is Saturday and still no order... Of course my client is pissed at me....

Just to share my experience with a vendor. I also share good experiences as well. I think people want to know what to expect when they order online. You will also see many of my post where I have praised Kamikazee, Zan, Seybers, Ozone and Tiger for excellent customer service. If Outsville makes it right and ships the tips, then I will post that as well. Sorry if my honest reporting of a online retailer pissed anyone off.

Thanks, Tom

It was nice that Outsville refunded the order and they also said they shipped. I don't mind paying for the order and will send them payment when I receive it. My only complaint was related to shipping.

The response from them is appreciated and I hope to write a positive review of them and their tips in the future. I was able to get a tip from a friend and put it on his Revo and he says it is awesome. So I look forward to testing it myself.

Cardigan Kid, if anything you have accused Tom of trying to shakedown Chris(for some 10 dollars tips, are you f'ing kidding me?), which I find utterly distasteful and rather trashy, especially with the way Tom has responded in this thread.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...well....

I find how you can justify a negative thread ok, but a small post 44 response of "it was nice" by Tom when the resolution was over and above as ok.

And yes, Tom didn't get the 2 day that he was expecting...So he wanted overnight to get on Saturday and then made this thread when it didn't happen. Stop protecting with emotion and and look at this logically.

Shuddy

Silver Member
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...well....

I find how you can justify a negative thread ok, but a small post 44 response of "it was nice" by Tom when the resolution was over and above as ok.

And yes, Tom didn't get the 2 day that he was expecting...So he wanted overnight to get on Saturday and then made this thread when it didn't happen. Stop protecting with emotion and and look at this logically.

But....the logic is this: paid for a service -> didn’t receive service -> notified other potential customers

Man, why are you trying to drag the OP through the dirt? He has been nothing but calm and polite throughout this thread. He said he was happy to pay for the products. He said numerous times he will write a positive review of the products if they warrant it. And now he has received so much negative feedback that I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t post anything about any experience he has in the future, particularly if he has been banned from shopping at Outsville.

Damn, that’ll teach consumers to be honest about their shopping experience.