Mystery South West 12 pointer

vmendoza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of weeks ago i visited Laurie in here shop to pick up a few cues during the BCA week. Laurie is the sweetest most accommodating person & Mike. I showed her a 12 pointer cue & immediately asked me “how did i get a hold of that cue” i left the cue with her with the shafts for an LOA.

Today, i just got a phone call from her that it was indeed a very special cue as it is the only Proto-type & the last of the few 12 pointers made that left their shop as it wasn’t intended to be sold & the cue was intended to stay in their shop. In short it was sold to close collector friend of Jerry Franklin in 95’. Laurie was able to track the original owner, which she doesn’t want to disclose for privacy purposes, because of the data & BEM pattern & she even have old pictures of the cue. She was able to verify all the specs of my 12 pointer, weight, measurements, joints & was able to verify the identity of the cue that it is indeed the only Proto-type & all original. I guess this cue will ho now to my grave.

Sorry for the pics, i’ll post more detailed pics when the cue get’s here. Have a great day everyone!

IMG_6386.JPGIMG_6390.JPGIMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6361.JPGIMG_6362.JPGIMG_6387.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The black one.... it’s about the third one I’ve seen. I know a guy in Canton with an identical one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue and a amazing find. Congratulations. Those other SWs are pretty incredible, as well.

vmendoza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks fellas for the compliment & kind words. i might let go 1 or 2 of those i picked up from Laurie. wife is not so happy for me keeping all of them, i wish i can. the 12 pointer will be mailed today w/ the LOA & will share some pics today. thanks everyone & have a wonderful weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums