Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Question about Predator shaft warranty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Question about Predator shaft warranty
Old
  (#1)
el_h3fe
AzB Silver Member
el_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question about Predator shaft warranty - 03-09-2015, 07:56 AM

I havent ever had to send anything to predator for repair or replacement but had a question that i am sure someone here can answer... i have a z2 shaft that someone on my team mistook for his break cue and basically destroyed the shaft. (will post pics shortly). it broke at the bottom of the shaft and cannot be repaired, only replaced.

my question is if anyone knows whether or not this would be covered by predators warranty or if im out a shaft that was very new. i dont want to lie and make up something that might give me a better chance of them sending a new one, but there again it will really suck if they cant do anything about it too.

anyway... anyone know what would happen or had a similar experience and if so, what was the outcome? thanks alot. (again ill post pics in a few mins)

Old
  (#2)
jtarewicz15
AzB Bronze Member
jtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond reputejtarewicz15 has a reputation beyond repute

03-09-2015, 08:14 AM

I cracked a z2 shaft about a year ago, it had 3 cracks originating from the ferrule about 12" down the shaft. It was completely unplayable or fixable. Go to their website and print the repair/return form and ship it to them, link below. If I recall when I talked to customer service they told me to make sure I had registered the serial number on the website first cause you probably don't have the original receipt of purchase. In short, I had a brand new z2 in my hands 5 business days later via Seyberts (I believe their warranty replacements run through them). Good luck

http://www.predatorcues.com/customer-service/

Old
  (#3)
el_h3fe
AzB Silver Member
el_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond reputeel_h3fe has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 11:06 AM

thought i posted these and totally forgot that i didnt. based on what u see here does anyone think they will give me issues? this is the result after a teammate broke with it on accident.
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
AngryTurtle
AzB Silver Member
AngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeAngryTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 11:10 AM

Does Predator say to not break with the shaft? If the dont mention that, its fair game for a replacement under warranty I would think.

Old
  (#5)
el_h3fe
AzB Silver Member

03-12-2015, 11:47 AM

Please note that this warranty doea not cover problems from warping or abuse.
Terms And Conditions. Predator warrants solely to the original purchaser of the product, for as long as he/she may own it, that it shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is non-transferrable and does not apply to asserted defects resulting from: (a) normal wear and tear; (b) modification, misuse, abuse or improper maintenance; and/or (c) damage associated with exposure to extreme temperature or humidity.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty applies only to those products purchased from authorized dealers of Predator. Predator shafts designed for Uni-Loc® and Radial® joints are only warranted when coupled with Original Uni-Loc® and Radial® joints.

Limitation On Obligations. The obligations of Predator hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of any product found to be defective under this Limited Lifetime Warranty. In no event shall Predator be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, of any nature, or kind or for damages to or loss of property. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is the sole warranty for Predator cues and shafts and is given in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.

i dont see anything that fallsbunder breaking. i dont think its abuse... its part of every game of pool and the shaft basically disnt hold up when someone took a power shot lol.

Old
  (#6)
el_h3fe
AzB Silver Member

03-12-2015, 11:52 AM

Please note that this warranty doea not cover problems from warping or abuse.
Terms And Conditions. Predator warrants solely to the original purchaser of the product, for as long as he/she may own it, that it shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is non-transferrable and does not apply to asserted defects resulting from: (a) normal wear and tear; (b) modification, misuse, abuse or improper maintenance; and/or (c) damage associated with exposure to extreme temperature or humidity.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty applies only to those products purchased from authorized dealers of Predator. Predator shafts designed for Uni-Loc® and Radial® joints are only warranted when coupled with Original Uni-Loc® and Radial® joints.

Limitation On Obligations. The obligations of Predator hereunder are limited to repair or replacement of any product found to be defective under this Limited Lifetime Warranty. In no event shall Predator be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages, of any nature, or kind or for damages to or loss of property. This Limited Lifetime Warranty is the sole warranty for Predator cues and shafts and is given in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.

i dont see anything that fallsbunder breaking. i dont think its abuse... its part of every game of pool and the shaft basically disnt hold up when someone took a power shot lol.

Old
  (#7)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 12:38 PM

If the guy Tom Cruise broke (where he bends the shaft into the table), I might consider that abuse. Any normal break is an accepted part of the game and the shaft should not do this.

I break with my pre-cat 314 quite a lot, and have never had an issue. Although, that could be because I have a sh*tty break.

Gideon

Cues
Old
  (#8)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Cues - 03-12-2015, 02:08 PM

I don't want to say this to upset anyone but it looks more like it was side pressure......

I would send the picture to predator and see what they say, but don't bank on them replacing the shaft under warranty ........................................

Pretty much any breakage at the joint is normally considered Side ward force is what made the cue break.

MMike

Old
  (#9)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuarymike-nv View Post
I don't want to say this to upset anyone but it looks more like it was side pressure......

I would send the picture to predator and see what they say, but don't bank on them replacing the shaft under warranty ........................................

Pretty much any breakage at the joint is normally considered Side ward force is what made the cue break.
That's what it looks like to me. Either someone was angry or someone was trying to break like Mike Sigel.

Old
  (#10)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 02:26 PM

I've heard bad things about the Predator warranty claims, I know personally one guy who had issues with his coming apart and they said it must have gotten wet and did not help him.

This looks like it was not just broken with but leaned on as others have said. I would say there is at least 50% chance this will go under their abuse clause.

Ask the guy that broke with it to pay for it, or at least try to get half of it from him if they deny the warranty. He/You can find a used shaft pretty easily if needed.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#11)
whammo57
Kim Walker
whammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond reputewhammo57 has a reputation beyond repute

03-12-2015, 02:30 PM

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings........but

just why the hell would anyone construct a cue shaft like that?????

Kim

Walker Custom Cues

Southern Cue Systems

http://www.facebook.com/groups/366326706736784/

Old
  (#12)
el_h3fe
AzB Silver Member

03-17-2015, 06:39 PM

what do you mean side pressure? like someone has the type of break that bends the shaft like a pretzel into the table? i know for a fact he didnt get angry and smash the shaft on something and i know that break does cause the tip to make contact with the green but nothing severe. i mean it is what it is... its worth a shot. i juat didnt want to waste time and more money trying to send to them if it wasnt going to be replaced. also, i was just wondering if anyone had experience with breakage in the same area and if it was replaced by them under warranty.

Old
  (#13)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2015, 07:18 PM

The only way you will know for sure is to contact Predator customer service. Send them the pictures you posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarewicz15 View Post
I cracked a z2 shaft about a year ago, it had 3 cracks originating from the ferrule about 12" down the shaft. It was completely unplayable or fixable. Go to their website and print the repair/return form and ship it to them, link below. If I recall when I talked to customer service they told me to make sure I had registered the serial number on the website first cause you probably don't have the original receipt of purchase. In short, I had a brand new z2 in my hands 5 business days later via Seyberts (I believe their warranty replacements run through them). Good luck

http://www.predatorcues.com/customer-service/

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#14)
abs
AzB Silver Member
abs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond reputeabs has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 12:10 AM

It's not ethical nor should you have to "lie" about what happened. I'd send it to Predator to see if they will address it, and before doing so, I'd let the person who borrowed my cue that if it's not covered under warranty that they will be gifting me a new shaft. If they won't do that then you need a new player on your team.

Old
  (#15)
KJ Cues
Pro Cue Builder & Repair
KJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond reputeKJ Cues has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 05:10 AM

Did you happen to witness the 'event' ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: