? for JB and JB butterfly case owners

phatkee

phatkee
Questions for JB:

1) Looking at the different pictures of the JB butterfly case, it doesn't look like the interior section(where you put your cues in) is attached to the case by velco or a zipper. Is that correct?
2) If so, is there a reason why not?

Questions for JB butterfly case owners:

1) When you take your cues out of your butterfly case, do you put your case on a table or a chair, open the zipper all the way, and then take your cue out? Or do you just hold the case standing up and just open enough of the zipper to take the cue out?
2) If the interior part of the butterfly case is not attached to the case by velco or a zipper, is that something that you think will be helpful to you?

I have 2 JB rugged cases and I'm thinking about getting a butterfly case in nylon. That why I'm asking.

Thanks,

perspicaz

o-^-*-^-o
Silver Member
In my case I usually stand the case on the floor and open the zipper a little bit, then take the cues out like with a normal hard case. They are harder to put in this way than with a normal case, though... But it is not a big issue.
Standing it on the floor does make the bottom dirty quickly.

The interior is permanently fixed to the case in mine; I don't mind that at all.

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The center of mine is held in place by Velcro which makes changing it to a more custom interior easy. Something I may do after the announcement of the case winner.. :wink:

I open mine up all the way, lay the cue parts on top until I remove the JP's then assemble and put the case aside. Where I shoot there's always a table or chair available. I've also never used anything but a butterfly style case. Lucasi, Predator, Castillo, whatever. (The JB is by far the best I've ever owned though).

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I own one and love it. I use it as a normal hard case stand up, unless I am at home changing cues and equipments in it.

1- I just open the zipper a bit to pull out the cues

2- the interior is attached firmly by a hard board, I wondered the same as you when I saw the interior was removable, I thought there was nothing to help it attached, I asked John and also thought a zipper was better. but I was wrong, the way John does it is the best. I even ordered a modified 4x6 interior to change from 4x8.

This is the best case imo, light, easy to carry, holds many cues and has lots of spaces. I have been distanced myself from cases with many hard tubes, I have cases with single hard tubes with JB ultrapad interiors, but only for storage at home, my JB butterfly is my travelling case even when I carry 2 butts and 2 shafts.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I carried the tube style cases for years and after getting a butterfly case I will never go back. Its just as easy to take the cues in and out with the case standing up and partially unzipped as it is if you unzip it all the way. If its going to be open a long time like during a match most people open it all the way I think. I like the cases because of the weight and when showing someone a cue you may have for sale you can pull it out without opening the entire case.

This is a real good example because it used to open like the soft George cases but John redid it to be a full butterfly style http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=350194 the interior in this case is non-removable

On the way out of the DCC I picked up a 6x12 case from Johns booth which has a fixed interior as well.