Scoring Balls

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I am sure many have been looking for ways to put together the scoring balls (not beads) for home tables or even a hall. After trying to find kits for sale with no luck I decided to put one together based on parts found on eBay. The whiffle balls are available in various colors and sold in lots of 25, 50, 100 etc. balls are cheap and the curtain hangers come in various configurations depending on span and how many games you want to score. Putting the turnbuckle on either or both ends allows you to tighten the line to preference. Surprising just how heavy those balls can get when you put 50 of them on a line.

IMG_0787.JPGIMG_0788.JPG56512917044__359B8DC9-91A5-4982-B119-450CB879B5BE.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All sounds very complicated.
Wouldn't be easier to use one of these flip cards? :grin-square:

prod-lr-phonics-flip-cards-003.png

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All sounds very complicated.

Wouldn't be easier to use one of these flip cards? :grin-square:

prod-lr-phonics-flip-cards-003.png

Or you could use a sheet of paper. I personally like this method of scoring. Can see it from almost any angle and over 50’ away for those watching.

Not very complicated. I think I had mine finished in about an hour. To be honest the hardest part is putting the calls on then tightening the turnbuckles however I did it on my own. If you had a hand it would be fairly simple.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
We're still using pennies along the rail. You know the routine. You put two pennies under the cushion at the middle of the end rail and move them one diamond at a time, each one going in the opposite direction. You can go to nine that way, and then you go back and start over to get to a higher number like eleven. Nickels work even better.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're still using pennies along the rail. You know the routine. You put two pennies under the cushion at the middle of the end rail and move them one diamond at a time, each one going in the opposite direction. You can go to nine that way, and then you go back and start over to get to a higher number like eleven. Nickels work even better.

Yes! Very familiar with that method. Lol. Still use it myself when there is no other way to score it. I like that method also. Quarters also work ;)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like that set up, it looks pretty good and seems real simple to just flick one over.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Looks good.

What are you using for a base, a furring strip or something heavier?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks good.

What are you using for a base, a furring strip or something heavier?

I bolted a 1x3 to the steal cross members of the Gold Crown light. Then the curtain brackets I used 6x32 screws (3 per) that I screwed through and put Amit and washer on the back end. That was all pretty easy. I did that with the light in place. Putting the curtain steal rope on was a different story. Threading then balls and lifting it into place to get on the turn buckles the tightening them by myself was the tough part. One slip of the line and all those little balls end up on the floor and you start that part of the process over again. That happened more than once. With a second person to help with that part would have made it pretty easy and all could have been done in about an hour and a half.