Pricing opinion

Big Business

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks in advance for the advice. I’m not a newbie but trying to valuate a shaft for possible sale to a friend. I loaned him my 2004 predator 314 (with cat) shaft to use for a bit as his was broken. I have a G2 soft tip on it as well brand new. Shaft is a 8.5/10 and is straight.

He came in 2nd in a big event and has been shooting the lights out with and want to buy it. I don’t know if even want to sell it but if I did what are some opinions on pricing?

It is a uniloc joint and came with my 3K5.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Thanks in advance for the advice. I’m not a newbie but trying to valuate a shaft for possible sale to a friend. I loaned him my 2004 predator 314 (with cat) shaft to use for a bit as his was broken. I have a G2 soft tip on it as well brand new. Shaft is a 8.5/10 and is straight.

He came in 2nd in a big event and has been shooting the lights out with and want to buy it. I don’t know if even want to sell it but if I did what are some opinions on pricing?

Thanks again!

If you listed it on eBay, you'd get $100

Tell him $250 and buy a nice new shaft for yourself

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks again!

I think a hundred is a good price for a friend, considering $150 is probably the most even the most clueless stranger would pay for it.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a hundred is a good price for a friend, considering $150 is probably the most even the most clueless stranger would pay for it.

That's interesting. I was under the impression the 314 pre-cat and 314 cat would still fetch 150 or more in good shape. They are pretty rare to find intact these days. I loved those shafts but they kept breaking on me. I switched back to regular maple after the last time it happened.

I do agree 100 is a fair price for a friend though.

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you have a brand new G2 tip on it I would tell your friend at least $125. Very fair price. You will need every penny of that and then some if you plan on getting a new shaft to replace it. They aren't cheap nowadays. Good luck.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
Since you have a brand new G2 tip on it I would tell your friend at least $125. Very fair price. You will need every penny of that and then some if you plan on getting a new shaft to replace it. They aren't cheap nowadays. Good luck.

This is what I was going to say

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's interesting. I was under the impression the 314 pre-cat and 314 cat would still fetch 150 or more in good shape. They are pretty rare to find intact these days. I loved those shafts but they kept breaking on me. I switched back to regular maple after the last time it happened.

I do agree 100 is a fair price for a friend though.

People will pay for pre-cat. Like ideologist said, you can get the 314 cats for roughly a hundred on eBay without having to look too hard.

You can regularly find them on there with an old joss or something for like $200... Sometimes less. Sometimes more.

Big Business

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone. I have a whole wack of shafts and play with a defy. He offered $200 so she gone! Appreciate the advice as always

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home run.....$200......

You shoulda expected a list price of $170-5 and expect to ultimately realize about $150 to $160.
Unless the buyer was local, they would also incur shipping so their cost is more akin to $175.
For a close buddy, $125 is a fair price for him & you & is based on not having seen the shaft.
Condition might lower the price but regardless unless pristine, would not elevate the final $.

Matt B.