2020 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted a video of my 70 ball run in the 14-1 thread. Was up at 4am again so I played b4 work. Thought for sure I was going to shatter the century mark. Next time. :thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted a video of my 70 ball run in the 14-1 thread. Was up at 4am again so I played b4 work. Thought for sure I was going to shatter the century mark. Next time. :thumbup:

If a person didn't already know going into the vid, they would think you were for sure gonna bust 100 wide open.

I broke a 100 a few times but, it was a long time ago and the only proof I had is dead now:frown:

I only wish I could put a 70 together these days...

Good shooting,

Jeff

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 7-3 win over 10-Ball Pro Ghost.
Fast and loose. I get faster towards end lol. 10-racks playtime is under 20min. :D
Also I was breaking with playing cue because I was not getting good results with break cue. I hope my Z2 can take it :D

https://youtu.be/N492WKt3Bk4

Only racking is speed up..

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 7-3 win over 10-Ball Pro Ghost.
Fast and loose. I get faster towards end lol. 10-racks playtime is under 20min. :D
Also I was breaking with playing cue because I was not getting good results with break cue. I hope my Z2 can take it :D

https://youtu.be/N492WKt3Bk4

Only racking is speed up..

When I'm "in gear"....I play way faster than my norm.

When I'm not playing well, I tend to play slower.

I think most people are similar in those situations.

Good shooting Manis....

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fixed the link - no worries on the scratch - won't be happy until I blank him anyhow :).

Good shooting Gerry.

Just a thought:

Once a player is beating the ghost 7/2 or better, IMO, they really should play longer sets.

I really enjoyed Manis' sets to ~20 a while back.

Again, just a suggestion for you guys that have the time/desire to play that way.

Good shooting....

Jeff

EDIT:

I meant to suggest ~15 to ~20 races.

I like the "up and downs" of long races. It tends to show how much of a grind a player can stand.

We all like to see a player be down 15 / 6 or so....going to 21 and see the player thats down come back with a pack or a bunch of lock-up safes.

Seeing how we can't play safe against the ghost, it forces us to at least match the ghost one-for-one over a long period or put a few small packs or one large pack together.

Again, just a suggestion to keep things exciting after races to 7 get to easy.

Thanks for participating, regardless which race length and type you guys do.

Jeff

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jeff.

I’m going to try to kick my one pocket addiction, or at least taper down to only occasional play so I can really work on my rotational skillz. One pocket helps other games with certain things but after playing almost nothing but one pocket I feel exposed playing 9 ball. Sometimes the pressure of having to run out gets to me after always knowing I have a safety valve in 1P. It’s a mindset thing I guess