Sick Blomdhal shot...just sick.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blomdahl is a superb 3-C and pool player. I don't know where you live in NJ, but if you want to play 3-C, all you have to do is cross the river into NYC, and there is a carom only room, with 15+ 3-C tables and PLENTY of high quality players.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Do you think anyone can play safe against Blomdahl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dg7_erDujo&feature=related

Really makes wanna play 3C but there is barely anywhere to play pool anymore.

Last edited:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Do you think anyone can play safe against Blomdahl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dg7_erDujo&feature=related

Really makes wanna play 3C but there is barely anywhere to play pool anymore.

I have played 9 Ball with him, and he shoots pool with either hand at double A level. Then when you add the fact that he doesn't use any of the formal systems you really begin to understand how amazing he truly is. But to top everything off he is a great guy who speaks 5 or 6 languages and will help anyone who takes the time to speak with him and ask some question's.

Take care

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot dude! I came home very tired after working and league night. I ended up watching 1 1/2 hours of these incredible shots on you tube. Incredible is not a word that adequately describes the stuff I watched!

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot dude! I came home very tired after working and league night. I ended up watching 1 1/2 hours of these incredible shots on you tube. Incredible is not a word that adequately describes the stuff I watched!

Thats exactly what I did. Pretty amazing shot. I've never even played 3C as there is no table around here but always admired the skill.

flips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a great shot, but I don't think that's how he intended to play it.
I think he wanted to go two rails into the object ball then one or two rails to score. JMHO

a friend of mine thought the same thing, but i believe you are both wrong. it is much easier to play the 5+ rail natural pattern, than to try go thin off of two rails and sneak in behind to get the point. i'm not even sure if you could get short enough to make the point the other way. also from where blomdahl's cue and the red are makes for a pretty natural aim. the most amazing part is that he decided to shoot it in competition and nailed it.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No systems?

I have played 9 Ball with him, and he shoots pool with either hand at double A level. Then when you add the fact that he doesn't use any of the formal systems you really begin to understand how amazing he truly is. But to top everything off he is a great guy who speaks 5 or 6 languages and will help anyone who takes the time to speak with him and ask some question's.

Take care

You say he doesn't use systems. That is scary. He just sees it? I watched his 15 run in one inning. He hit the second ball so square 95 % of the shots. Wow. That's amazing. I try to guess patterns and routes when watching the pros play 9Ball-with out a lot of success--but this just fried my head.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he wanted to go two rails into the object ball then one or two rails to score. JMHO

Agreed.

I have seen hundreds of hours of his matches and his actions after the shot are consistent with an accidental score.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PHHHTTTTT, shot is a hanger he had a big ball in the corner.:wink::wink:

Seriously thats one of the best 3C shots I have seen in a long time. I saw one that I cant find GRRRRRR that was much more difficult thatn that, but i dont thinkit was in competition, it was a exibition type shot, it was a times shot that went 9 rails,

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No accident

He had the speed to make the shot.
A player of his caliber can go multiple rails and be within a foot speedwise.
Therefore forensic evidence indicates that it was no fluke.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Rob Raiford called the shot too. Rob lives in Miami and is like the Einstein of pool systems. Rob is on AZB too. You AZers who live in South Florida should consider paying for a lesson from Rob. He teaches some unbelievable stuff. Like truly jaw dropping material. Like as sick as that shot Blomdhal just came with. Seriously.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He had the speed to make the shot.
A player of his caliber can go multiple rails and be within a foot speedwise.
Therefore forensic evidence indicates that it was no fluke.

Pfft! Blomdahl has never been one to be recognized for his delicacy! Not that he hasn't or can't, just not his style.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
You say he doesn't use systems. That is scary. He just sees it? I watched his 15 run in one inning. He hit the second ball so square 95 % of the shots. Wow. That's amazing. I try to guess patterns and routes when watching the pros play 9Ball-with out a lot of success--but this just fried my head.

Well that is what he told me personally, during one of the Carom Corner Tour events that was held in Tacoma Washington, at the Tacoma Elks lodge. I was acting as a Score Keeper and a Ref during the tournament which was five days long, we became friends. When the tournament was finished he was doing an exhibition match with Efren in Japan playing 9 Ball, and he needed to work on his game. So when he was not involved in the tournament we played 9 Ball, but he also gave me some fantastic help with my 3-Cushion game. Previously he had another exhibition match with Efren playing 3-Cushion and he kicked Efren's ass pretty bad, so this time they were playing Efrens game!!!!!:) Like I said above the guy is the most natural player I have ever seen besides Sang Chun Lee, according to him, he paints a picture in his mind and through his understanding of the action of the balls he shoots and scores.

11.jpg

Last edited: