ACA Cue of the year 2012

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to share some pictures of this cue it was a custom build for Will Prout.

Email Night Spirit Poster RESIZE.jpg

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow

One incredible piece of art disguised as a cue....way to go Pete..and u too Will

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
that's amazing....can we have more close up shots of the cues and inlays please??

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Night Spirit Pictures

that's amazing....can we have more close up shots of the cues and inlays please??

Jive, here are some better pictures of the cue. The black border around the silver in the windows and boxes is ebony not black epoxy. All the inlay work was done with .005 end mills.

BT 1.jpg

BT 2.jpg

FA 1.jpg

FA 2.jpg

HADDLE.jpg

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
This cue is ridiculously amazing...i'm cursing and salivating at the same time...
The details are just so rich and fine..it's a remarkable piece of art...i'll call it Functional Art when i see some bluish shafts that goes with the cue :grin:

Thanks alot Pete, made my day and i'm sure you'll get similar comments come morning in the U.S.

Can't wait to see more of your work...

tinh339

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw this cue at SBE this year. She is simply amazing.... Congrats to Will and Pete made this master piece.....
Regards
Peter

torqiet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow this is absolutely amazing.. thanks for sharing Pete!

also, i sent you an email on my cue ;)

somms69

escape artist
Silver Member
Really like the rings in the segmented handle. Thanks for the detailed pics Pete. Congratulations on the award.

Todd

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speachless

Increadible, just increadible. This one might bump a cue out of the TOP TEN of all time greatest!
Dan Z

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sheeees!!!

:yikes: One might consider these the "New Standards for the Industry"? :bow-down:

Pete, you definatly established yourself as one of the all time greats...
Your work is proof that can't be denied....
To just consider the "task at hand" in the conceptual stages is overwhelming..

.005" endmills... My Hero!!!!

Congrats Will :smile:

Alton

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
With CNC the only boundaries are your imagination. Truly a fantastic cue and a great design.

TommyT:thumbup:

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely incredible work Pete, and congrats o winning the ACA award again!

Can't wait to get my Tonkin!!!

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Are there any real "sufficient" words to describe this work of art? Methinks not...however, I will try: THAT'S BAD-A$$!!!

She's a beauty!

Jason

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
The accolades are richly deserved. The carousel rings in the wrap section soften the look and the silverwork in the forearm between the boxes is just stellar. A great success. Congratulations Pete and Will.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Tonkin Night Spirit Cue

I just wanted to share some pictures of this cue it was a custom build for Will Prout.

My very, very special thanks to Pete for this wonderful cue.

Many know I really like box cues and have a gaggle of them (and have real sentimental attachment to every one of them). And I really enjoy Native-American designs.

Although this is the type of comment I very rarely make, I honestly feel this could be the nicest box cue ever made. When holding the cue in my hand, it rings a bell with me like about no other cue I have ever held , and I've held a few.

Just flawless in every way, it is hard to believe this cue could be designed and executed by the same person. And it plays like a world class player cue!

What a rare gift Pete has, to be able to do this. And he has done cues of this caliber for several years. All different, flawless and with such great playability.

Pete is world class to work with. Humble, listens, is flexible to an extreme, willing to take on anything, provides guidance, regular progress email photo updates, friendly and has become a very close friend.

You get the idea that I give Pete my highest recommendation.

We had great fun collaborating on this cue. It morphed probably 40 times as it was designed and built. And ended up as 2012 Cue of the Year! Way to go Pete!

I will likely have a cue on order with Pete til the end of my days. As I mentioned to someone else recently about a different topic, "The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient". When the cue is done, you see here what you can get.

Thanks Pete! And Alton, this one came with caps!

Will Prout

Last edited: