Ivory Alert

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some scum bags broke in to my Grandfather's building last night and stole his
ivory tusks. There a 150 lb set mounted on wood display bases. One of them has a broken tip and ia rounded over.

If any one is contacted by some one trying to sell them tusks please call me
cell 707-599-5072. My family has offered a reward for the return them.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Some scum bags broke in to my Grandfather's building last night and stole his
ivory tusks. There a 150 lb set mounted on wood display bases. One of them has a broken tip and ia rounded over.

If any one is contacted by some one trying to sell them tusks please call me
cell 707-599-5072. My family has offered a reward for the return them.

Pete this might need to be moved to the Main Forum. I hope you recover the tusks.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey

Pete, we feel kind of weird, asking the questions that we did. And being there a few days ago..........hope you get the tusks back.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tusks

Pete, we feel kind of weird, asking the questions that we did. And being there a few days ago..........hope you get the tusks back.

Steve, No need to feel weird I am the one who brought it up and told you how I joked with my Grandfather about if his Ivory is ever missing its not me.

Now that it has happened I fell a little weird.

The saddest thing is the scum bags will most likley trade them for a bag of dope.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Pete,

Sorry for your trouble, what a bummer!!!

I hope they catch the thieves. Now that they have the goods, it may be hard to sell it without getting caught.

Most crooks are stupid and I am hoping they get exposed and the ivory gets returned.

Good Luck,

Rick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hate to hear about your loss of Ivory. Be sure to contact Joe at Cue Comp and David W as they both advertise they buy Ivory. I will let you know if anyone tries to sell me any that size.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I hate to hear about your loss of Ivory. Be sure to contact Joe at Cue Comp and David W as they both advertise they buy Ivory. I will let you know if anyone tries to sell me any that size.

Also Boone Trading is in Bigfoot country north of Califorina. Give them a call to put them on alert also!

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Pete, hope you catch them.. Thieves suck! Do you think they specifically stole the tusks because they were ivory or do you think they broke in with the hopes of just robbing the place or you think they broke in for them alone?

Chris

John9ball

Registered
Pete,hope they will catch them.Thieves are usually very stupid,so certainly they will make some kind of mistake.
By the way,thanks for the great cue you built me.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Pete,
What a rotten thing to have happen, wow! I will let the word out in my circle of friends to be on the lookout for them.
Good luck with their safe return.

Will

SwissChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete I am so sorry to here that .........I hope you find them .....and the guy that took them and chop his hands off just like in the old days .........

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete, hope you catch them.. Thieves suck! Do you think they specifically stole the tusks because they were ivory or do you think they broke in with the hopes of just robbing the place or you think they broke in for them alone?

Chris

They backed a pickup up to the back door pulled the door open. Everything they took was on the other end of the building and they were only in the build 1 min. 28 sec. there are cameras in the building but the lights were off
so the video is very dark were hopeing that the video can be enhanced to see there faces. It was a well planed out break in. The building is open to the public daily so it could of been anyone.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Hi Pete, I'm playing a big shootout in Lincoln City Oregon soon, I'll let all my local cue makers know about this. Please post it in the Cue Machinery and Supply Forum also. They still might have to sell it to get the bag of pot.:thumbup:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Geez, bandits and thief's have no limits to what they'll do to get by.
I've seen security videos online of trucks used to rip ATM machines off the platform and drag them away for the cash.

150 pounds of ivory' wow!
Hope the police catch who's responsible.
If you know what time it happened you can check the local gas stations around and ask to see the videos in those hours to see if you find any people or trucks in the videos that might be related to your break in.

Rob.M

kid5020

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Pete

I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune and truly hope you catch who did this. In my real job I actually install security cameras and I hate to tell you but what you have recorded is what you are going to end up with. Despite what these ridiculous CSI shows lead us to believe the ability to enhance picture, add colour, increase pixels, sharpen up the image etc etc etc is total crap. The ability to enhance recoded video is almost totally negligible especially if we are talking older style analog cameras (think increasing the resolution on your old CRT TV) I would offer some solutions to combat this happening again in the future. Were the cams inside the shop/barn? If so if I would suggest leaving a light on so the cameras have the necessary light to pic up an image, if not then you can explore having the lights triggered by a motion detector. Detector trips lights turn on and camera gets a picture or the easiest, cheapest and most low tech method install one of the porch lights with the built in motions on them inside the building and when tripped by someone entering just like someone walking into your backyard the light turns on and the cam will be able to pic up a much better image. There are obviously higher tech solutions involving light finding cameras, IR boosters etc but I would think mostly price prohibitive for residential homes. Again. I am very sorry for your loss.