Emily duddy pro or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
OK

so she is currently playing the eastern states in the amature side as a B+ player. im going to agree she is rated correctly. my problem here is she markets herself on facebook as a pro. she is a member of the WPBA a profesional organization. she is ranked 21 in the world as a pro player. Tony came into the booth and described that pros have levels and she is a different kind of pro.
I GET IT SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN SHE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. But this sets back womens equal rights decades. EITHER SHE IS A PRO OR SHE NEEDS TO GO MAKE ME A SANDWICH IN THE KITCHEN. cant be both ways.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
If she is a pro, she should be barred from playing in an amature event.

--Jeff

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmfao. That's a huge jump. Either Pro or go make me a sandwich. Ranked #21 WOMENS PRO. She is not ranked #21 Pro Pro. Two completely different things. If someone said "Hey I got a gold medal in the Olympics" you wouldn't put the same value on it as someone that said "Hey i got a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
Lmfao. That's a huge jump. Either Pro or go make me a sandwich. Ranked #21 WOMENS PRO. She is not ranked #21 Pro Pro. Two completely different things. If someone said "Hey I got a gold medal in the Olympics" you wouldn't put the same value on it as someone that said "Hey i got a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

still the olympics still a pro

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She only post pics on fb of her on top of the pool table not shooting pool. lol Ive been wondering if anyone felt this way because she is quick to strike a pose but I doubt she could run a rack of 9 ball. I think she is definitely cashing in on the girl pool player thing.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
jeebus... c'mon guys.... Lets say there are 64 women professional players.... Maybe 10 are AA maybe there are another 10 that are A level and the rest are B and under...... I have no problem with women pros being allowed in amateur events unless it's a women's amateur event... IF she spanked your ass in a men's amateur event pull your big girl panties up and go practice....

Emily is actually a very good emissary for the sport of pool... She dresses the part, acts the part and is well spoken when you put a mic in front of her... I would take 100 players just like her, let them all call themselves professionals because that would be how they act...... And they would all be allowed in men's amateur events....

Chris

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listen there are different types of pro, just as there are different types of rich, just as there are different types of beautiful.

brocktonfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play her a $50 set tomorrow. If I beat her then she can play in the amateur lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ill probably catch hell for saying this, but with the exception of a handful of players over the years such as Jean Balukas, Allison Fisher, Karen Korr, Gai Young Kim, Kelly Fisher etc that could honestly compete with the male pros..... The womens pro tournament field is full of B players with the bulk of the stronger players being A players. Its just the nature of the game. I would add that a range of issues lend to the lower skill level, some of it is a lack of interest/competition to drive them forward as compared to the men. It can be less socially acceptable for women to be in pool halls etc.
Chuck

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
Ill probably catch hell for saying this, but with the exception of a handful of players over the years such as Jean Balukas, Allison Fisher, Karen Korr, Gai Young Kim, Kelly Fisher etc that could honestly compete with the male pros..... The womens pro tournament field is full of B players with the bulk of the stronger players being A players. Its just the nature of the game. I would add that a range of issues lend to the lower skill level, some of it is a lack of interest/competition to drive them forward as compared to the men. It can be less socially acceptable for women to be in pool halls etc.
Chuck

Missing the point entirely, she is a pro player marketed as a pro ranked as a pro sponsered as a pro. Therefore not amateur

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK

so she is currently playing the eastern states in the amature side as a B+ player. im going to agree she is rated correctly. my problem here is she markets herself on facebook as a pro. she is a member of the WPBA a profesional organization. she is ranked 21 in the world as a pro player. Tony came into the booth and described that pros have levels and she is a different kind of pro.
I GET IT SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN SHE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. But this sets back womens equal rights decades. EITHER SHE IS A PRO OR SHE NEEDS TO GO MAKE ME A SANDWICH IN THE KITCHEN. cant be both ways.

I never like knocking anyone that is trying hard to succeed, so I hesitate to even respond to this thread. Also, I have not seen her play for about a year, so she may have improved considerably since then. That being said, from what I saw of her playing a few matches in a tournament, and watching. Her play on a stream, she was a c+ to B - player by male standards. She was a solid player, but by no means a pro. I assume she has improved considerably if she is now ranked in the top 25 women on the wpba, so what I saw last year might not be of value today. Either way, I wish her the best of luck.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missing the point entirely, she is a pro player marketed as a pro ranked as a pro sponsered as a pro. Therefore not amateur

No, not missing any point. Shes a B player. Adding the label of PRO doesn't magically make her play better. The label means nothing, its the skill level that is important. If a guy is a C player but decides to play all the big tournaments that will allow his entry, does that make him a PRO because he plays in tournaments with pro players? Nope. Makes him dead money. The label is meaningless.
Chuck

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I think she is a nice young woman, fairly attractive and probably a low to mid level women's pro player. Should she be allowed in the amateur side of this event, I think so. The match I just saw she torched a guy that could not make two balls in a row. The score was 7 - 1 but Emily did not play spectacular either.. JMO

FASTEDDIE427

BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
Silver Member
No, not missing any point. Shes a B player. Adding the label of PRO doesn't magically make her play better. The label means nothing, its the skill level that is important. If a guy is a C player but decides to play all the big tournaments that will allow his entry, does that make him a PRO because he plays in tournaments with pro players? Nope. Makes him dead money. The label is meaningless.
Chuck
If that guy has a world Ranking then yes he is a pro. . If a world wide organization called you a pro then you are a pro

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Chuck

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.

-Ayn Rand

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
If she is considered a pro, then a significant case can be made for Shanelle Lorainne being a pro. At that point, The title of "pro" is completely meaningless and arbitrary because infers nothing about skill level.

I would think most in the pool playing community would prefer to assign a certain minimum level of ability to any prospective pro player. In which case, no, she should not be considered a pro. A pool playing model would be a more accurate title.

Status
Not open for further replies.