Tin Man partners with Cue It Up Podcast

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cue It Up Podcast is a breakthrough billiard podcast started by Neight Mindham and Robert Hovick. It's purpose is to keep listeners up to speed on current events in the pool world and to conduct in depth interviews with top players. For example in one of their more recent interviews they spoke with Roy's Basement and talked at length about the money belt challenge matches and the negotiations between SVB and Filler. They were also the first to interview Mr. 600 after he set the record last March.

They have inspired me with their contributions to pool so when Neight asked if I'd be interested in partnering with them on an ongoing basis I jumped on the opportunity. Starting now I will be providing expert commentary during the segments in which they break down challenge matches. Also, I mentioned in a few of my posts that certain mental game discussions are hard to conduct on a forum. For that reason we intend to use the podcast format to allow me to elaborate a bit more on some of these topics. Most of my pool successes are the direct result from shifts in my outlook and approach to pool thanks to the guidance of others and I look forward to sharing this with our listeners to help improve their performance and further enjoy this amazing game

Additionally, I was just featured on their last podcast (link below, episode name 'Demetrius Jelatis on a life in pool and a future in teaching'). Neight heard about the pool bootcamps I've been running and allowed me the opportunity to discuss these in more depth. I'd encourage anyone who is interested in elevating their game take a listen and you'll learn a lot more about me as a player and person and the training program I've put together. Even if you don't choose to work with me I predict there are things you can take away to help on your journey, and if you are then it will give you a much clearer picture of what to expect from our time together. It concludes with a short interview about pool training from a fellow AZer who was the individual that connected us.

https://cueituppodcast.com/archive

Stay tuned and make sure to follow Cue It Up Podcast, they publish 2 episodes weekly and there are some exciting episodes coming up!

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, and more power to ya. I’m gonna make it the first I’ve ever followed.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
congratulations demetrius
they picked a great man for the job

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
Really cool! Just found this podcast 2 weeks ago. Can’t say I care for their direction in giving up sponsors but adding you is a great step forward. Looking forward to it

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is really great for pool!!!
Cue it up is listed in most major podcast apps...The app I use is Podbean to listen/keep track of all the talk radio-podcast shows I frequent. I looked up “Cue it Up” and there it is, added it to my list of favorites and we are off.

Frankly, I really missed our own Mr. Bond and his podcast, American Billiard Radio, he used to do before his untimely passing. Many thanks to Mike Howerton to keeping the archives of that show going, and also holding a show here and there.

But pool was lacking a steady, regular talk show/news show that could reach world wide via apps and smart phones. Cue It Up is just what is needed to take all great debates and intrigue of the pool world from AZ forums and into the real world.
I can listen in my truck at work and geek out on pool and no typing required.

I look forward to listening to the shows, the interviews, and now, expert pool analysis with Tin Man—just in time for DCC....life just got really good!

Thanks Tin Man for all that you do, and best of luck with the segments on the show.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was gonna say congratulations to TinMan but, I believe the CONGRATULATIONS goes to Cue-it-Up.

Cue it Up is lucky to have you, I hope they know and REMEMBER that.

Jeff

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really cool! Just found this podcast 2 weeks ago. Can’t say I care for their direction in giving up sponsors but adding you is a great step forward. Looking forward to it

Very cool news. I got to know Neight Mindham, podcast host, when he was a competitor in college tournaments through ACUI. Straight shooter and a good guy.

Pooladdiction, what are you referring to here about sponsors?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool news. I got to know Neight Mindham, podcast host, when he was a competitor in college tournaments through ACUI. Straight shooter and a good guy.

Pooladdiction, what are you referring to here about sponsors?

In the Jan 13th podcast--he starts off the show with a bit of a state of the union type update on where the podcast is at and what are the plans going forward. He said he made the decision to drop sponsors from the show because he wants to talk about pool products and businesses open and honestly, without having to only talk about sponsored stuff.

I took it as he is looking for a straight forward and to the point, honest, podcast about pool. So kind of hard to talk about problems in a piece of equipment or product if they are sponsoring the show...likewise, there would be trepidation in praising a competitor of one of your sponsors.
So remove any favorability from now on and watch the quality of discussion increase when allowed to be open and honest.

This lets me know he's serious about the talk show. Good move for him mentally too, because he can talk freely and not have to be concerned with how it comes off.

He'll probably have to offset the costs by starting up a Patreon campaign--but in the long run, it would be worth it

Last edited:

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your reply!

I hope he seriously looks for sponsors outside of pool. Might be a hard demographic to pitch, but there are sponsors outside the pool world that might be interested.

Need to get caught up on some episodes it seems.