Jim Meador

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
foul.gif

Jim Meador was the most prolific and entertaining poster in the history of RSB, and he continues to be my all time favorite poster.

Jim Meador never posted on Azbilliards. He passed away in April of 1998, but not before he captured the hearts of everybody that he met.

Jim had a way with words, whether it be in person, over the phone or in writing. He had a passion for the game of pool, and a passion for humor.

Every day I would go to RSB. There would be conversation, debate, information, battles; but no matter how bad things got between members, you could always count on Jim being the voice of reason, wisdom, and especially humor. You never wanted to be caught in Jim's cross-hairs if you were guilty of taking yourself too seriously. The old timers know what I am talking about. LOL

Jim's writings, and his passion for the game of pool and his artwork, are memorialized at http://www.billiardworld.com/.

At that website, there is something for every pool player. There is also the Jim Meador Memorial Tournament held every year in Newport News, Virginia.

I am sure that many of us have stories about Jim. Jim is still the most incredible person I have had the pleasure of meeting through these forums.

Last edited:

Fred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I decided to start playing pool again, about 9 or 10 years ago. I went to my dads house to retrive my old aluminum pool cue, only to find it had somehow gotten bent. I tried to straighten it, but it ended up bent in multible directions.

I decided to buy a quality pool cue, searched the net, and was completly overwhelmed by all the different options.

So I searched the net on selecting a pool cue, and through that search I discovered Jim Meador and billiardworld.com.

I enjoyed the site so much that I looked to see what else I could find out about the man. From that I found RSB and the other billiard forums.

Even though he was never a member here, you cant have a Hall of Fame for members of a billiards forum without him.

Well done Blackjack.

Justin Nuder

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Holy shit, I remember Jim from the RSB days. I didn't know that he passed away. I'm a little late on this but my sympathy to his family. What a bummer.
MULLY

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I came to the computer and pool world in 1999.... a lil late to have experienced Jim. Thanks for giving us the opportunity David.