(#16)
tingen
AzB Bronze Member
tingen is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

12-25-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calboy8686 View Post
Sorry guy.... ya missed what I was saying. I'm more after the difference between the tips - Super Soft, Soft, Med, Med Hard, Hard, and Extra Hard. Which ones are best suited for someone with soft speed and a lot of english on the ball. Not crying about the tips used on a Gina.... come on now.
Soft or super soft. Asuming you are playing with pocket speed and as you say you play with a lot of english.

Personally I droped Moori for Kamui tips.
Also played with everest, but I like Kamui better. Currently playing with Kamui black Soft(same as normal kamui medium soft).

Kamui black > Everest/kamui > Moori for me

Old
  (#17)
atthecat
AzB Silver Member
atthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond reputeatthecat has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to atthecat  
12-25-2009, 09:25 AM

Kamui Black Super Soft. Awesome.

Playing Cues:
1974 Joss
Chuck Starkey Brunswick butterfly conversion
Table:
1963 Gold Crown I Tangerine w/ 4 inch pockets
Band video: Click Here

Old
  (#18)
calboy8686
AzB Silver Member
calboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond repute

12-25-2009, 11:05 PM

Thanks to all for the input so far.

Hope you all had a great XMass.

So far I have these as a general consensus:
Moori Med
Kamui Black Soft/Super Soft
Everest Tips
Triangle Tips (with mixed feelings)

I played tonight and hit with a friends cue that uses Kamui SS tips and liked the reaction I got on a few bank shots.

I usually play pocket speed on most shots with a smooth stroke. Never cared for the more firm shots cause the harder I hit the ball the less consistent I become. My game is based more on accuracy, ball speed, and english to move the cue ball. I'm much better suited for 8 Ball, and 14:1 over 9 Ball.

Old
  (#19)
Yakuza
Melons
Yakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond reputeYakuza has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2009, 01:36 PM

In my opinion, I feel you should try to hit with the tip that Ernie would install for you to see as to whether you like the hit that you are expecting. I feel by doing so, you would be more clear as to what to look for should you find the moori medium tip unsuitable for your play.

Old
  (#20)
timothysoong
★★★★★★★★★★★★
timothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond reputetimothysoong has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2009, 02:47 PM

I think you should try on different tips and see which you'd like best, everyone has different feel for tips, as shown on this thread most like hard tips, however I myself love soft tips, due to the fact I like the stroke to sound softer and not like hard tips, if u stroke soft, it'll still make a huge sound. Cause before I started playing pool, I played snooker and that time, the only good tips I can buy are soft ones. So yeah I'm pretty much used to it. =)

Old
  (#21)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

Post 12-26-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCityCorey View Post
You want a Sniper. Just keep going a bit past Ernie's place till you end up in Burbank, then go to Tiger and have a Sniper installed. Try it before you buy it
I agree with this.

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

Old
  (#22)
calboy8686
AzB Silver Member
calboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond reputecalboy8686 has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Just to clear something up..... The Ginacue tips are going to stay as Moori Med unless I really don't like the reaction from them. The tips are for everything else. Like everyone has been saying "You have to try a bunch out and figure out what works the best for you."

I'm going for consistency with eqipment (haveing a tip that compliments my play style).

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: