New Murrell - Old School/New School

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is my third attempt at having someone build me a cue that has the look of the old Joss West cues of the 1980's but the specifications and playing characteristics of a new cue. While all three cues have been top notch and excellently crafted I can without a doubt say Kenny Murrell nailed it the best. He nailed all three aspects of the build, look, feel, and technical specifications.

Sorry for the poor pictures as I am sure they wil not do this beautiful cue justice. Thanks for the great work Kenny.

-don

Murrell7.jpg

Murrell3.jpg

Murrell2.jpg

Murrell1.jpg

Murrell8.jpg

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Very nice cue. Kenny puts out some phenomenal cues. I've already designed my next one; all I need now are the funds.

Josh

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
''Old School'' all the way Don. She looks like a straight up player.
Congrats to ya sir & thanks for sharing.
Jeff

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice cue. Kenny puts out some phenomenal cues. I've already designed my next one; all I need now are the funds.

Josh

Thanks the beauty of this one is it was less than a day's work. :grin::grin::grin: A ton of cue for the price in my book.

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue! Kenny's work and craftmanship is top notch. He is also one heck of a great guy!

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love that joint, always wanted half joint cue, might order
One, how do I contact him?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I was fortunate enough to hold this cue tonight at Shooters, and I was very, very impressed!

What great veneer work, and balance to the cue!

Congratulations to both of you!

Will Prout

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Ralf, Scratch, Pocono, Realizm, ChopDoc, PoolDawg8, Buster, and Mel_Sm0g for the comments. Kenny really nailed it on this one.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate enough to hold this cue tonight at Shooters, and I was very, very impressed!

What great veneer work, and balance to the cue!

Congratulations to both of you!

Will Prout

Thanks Will, it was great seeing you in person for the first time in a while. Take care and hope to see you during the Midwest Tournament in a couple of weeks.

-don

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great looking player, Don. Great colors all around, and a piloted 5/16-14 joint. Good man!

Last edited: