Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page George Breedlove Carl Bolm Roadman Dumped and Stole and It Will Be Addressed
Page 7 of 15 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
jayburger
AzB Silver Member
jayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond reputejayburger has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-03-2019, 09:13 PM

I have no idea if it was business or not, just wanted to give the scenario. Carl is not a good player but can make a few balls. Playing one handed jacked up(every shot) is very hard. The only part having everyone wondering is opening the window up DOWN 5-2. He had already lost the first set for 5 figures, so I guess everyone is wondering why not open the window before starting the second set. Everyone wants the chance to take off a millionaire, so I think everyone would have bet it then too, but when he did it down 5-2,and the. Took it off, it just has a lot of people wondering. My buddy only bet a small amount, while MANY others bet 4-5 figures. The part I forgot to mention was that Carl actually closed the window after taking many bets. If it was business, would he have done that ( or would that be the BEST move ever) nobody will ever know. He won the rest of the games and it was over. I’m not trying to put peoples business out there, but if there’s gonna be a long thread like this, there’s no reason for people not to know what took place as it would come out soon enough anyway.

Old
  (#92)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member
iba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-03-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayburger View Post
I have no idea if it was business or not, just wanted to give the scenario. Carl is not a good player but can make a few balls. Playing one handed jacked up(every shot) is very hard. The only part having everyone wondering is opening the window up DOWN 5-2. He had already lost the first set for 5 figures, so I guess everyone is wondering why not open the window before starting the second set. Everyone wants the chance to take off a millionaire, so I think everyone would have bet it then too, but when he did it down 5-2,and the. Took it off, it just has a lot of people wondering. My buddy only bet a small amount, while MANY others bet 4-5 figures. The part I forgot to mention was that Carl actually closed the window after taking many bets. If it was business, would he have done that ( or would that be the BEST move ever) nobody will ever know. He won the rest of the games and it was over. Iím not trying to put peoples business out there, but if thereís gonna be a long thread like this, thereís no reason for people not to know what took place as it would come out soon enough anyway.
I have no dea what actually went on, but I have seen Carl raise the bet when down on more than one occasion. Down 5-2 going to 9 does seem too strong. If Roadman was missing shots jacked up, then Carl could "know" he could win. Carl gets huge spots due to his money, but he is not helpless at pool. He would be an APA 7 and probably beat 90% of the best league players in the country since he is not scared of the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleary View Post
[About Christopher Thomas] I'd be very surprised if his phone even has service. He's as close to homeless as you can be without actually being totally homeless. The fact that he even has a paypal account is mind blowing.

Old
  (#93)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

02-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iba7467 View Post
I have no dea what actually went on, but I have seen Carl raise the bet when down on more than one occasion. Down 5-2 going to 9 does seem too strong. If Roadman was missing shots jacked up, then Carl could "know" he could win. Carl gets huge spots due to his money, but he is not helpless at pool. He would be an APA 7 and probably beat 90% of the best league players in the country since he is not scared of the money.
Unless RM pokes m real, real good i don't like his side, esp if Holm gets sideline help from GB

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#94)
SBC
Banned
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayburger View Post
I have no idea if it was business or not, just wanted to give the scenario. Carl is not a good player but can make a few balls. Playing one handed jacked up(every shot) is very hard. The only part having everyone wondering is opening the window up DOWN 5-2. He had already lost the first set for 5 figures, so I guess everyone is wondering why not open the window before starting the second set. Everyone wants the chance to take off a millionaire, so I think everyone would have bet it then too, but when he did it down 5-2,and the. Took it off, it just has a lot of people wondering. My buddy only bet a small amount, while MANY others bet 4-5 figures. The part I forgot to mention was that Carl actually closed the window after taking many bets. If it was business, would he have done that ( or would that be the BEST move ever) nobody will ever know. He won the rest of the games and it was over. I’m not trying to put peoples business out there, but if there’s gonna be a long thread like this, there’s no reason for people not to know what took place as it would come out soon enough anyway.
If Carl did lose the first set on purpose...then got down 5 to 2 and opened the window so what? Him hiding his speed or setting a trap to get bets is fair.

Only way it's shady is if his opponent dumped and got a cut of the money....that is how business is done.

Last edited by SBC; 02-04-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Old
  (#95)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

02-04-2019, 01:11 AM

Sounds to me like Carl was laying down the lemon.

Isn't Carl the same guy that attempted a cut shot in the corner for 10 large and missed it by 2 diamonds? Later, as eyewitnesses on the scene relayed, he attempted the same show -- I mean shot, but this time for 40 large. And he made it.

This is a form of hustling and it's laying down the lemon. That said, I have always gone by the mantra that one should never gamble what they cannot afford to lose.

I don't gamble much anymore.

Old
  (#96)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

02-04-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post

Isn't Carl the same guy that attempted a cut shot in the corner for 10 large and missed it by 2 diamonds? Later, as eyewitnesses on the scene relayed, he attempted the same show -- I mean shot, but this time for 40 large. And he made it.

This is a form of hustling and it's laying down the lemon. That said, I have always gone by the mantra that one should never gamble what they cannot afford to lose.

Hmm, ppl betting big when they think they are stealing... only to have the sucker out run the nuts and bust everyone. Where is the smoking gun??

Eric

Old
  (#97)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-04-2019, 02:25 AM

Isn't this sort of action,hiding ones speed,lemoning off a few bucks to win big bucks,matching up gaff games like playing one handed jacked up and no telling how many other things what makes Drrby City
what it is

Take all this away from Derby City and all you have left is another boring tournament.

This doesn't give a fella the right to Dump and steal,but only the naive should risk his bank roll betting on a pool player without factoring in all the elements

I knew a fella who worked hatd to get a game set up only to have the local pool detective spread it around that he had the nuts,so without asking the rail began betting on the Kid.
The Kid proceeded to lose on purpose until the rail was busted and the pigeon was fat, then the Kid
came back to life and won all of the marks money and ,everything the rail had ost too

The Kid knew how to handle the situation when the rail birds try to tush hog his action.

I always hated having someone else win the money I had spent time working on,
if this situation here was something like this,then I applaud the effort.

Caveat emptor

On another occasion,a close friend of mine once set up a Mini moose patch in a card game
with a multi multi.
He spent thousands setting up jusy the right environment for the multi mark to feel at home
playing in the game, rather than wake the dead I will cut to the chase and entertain you boys

My friend Mouse,invested over $100,000 in pre game and sluff off activities including letting
the Mark win $70,000 and leave the place with his winnings. Now that the Mark had the money,
the theory being was that he would proceed with renewed confidence and vigor in his gambling prowess.

Trouble was the other fella took the money and left town leaving THE MOUSE AND ME losing $100,000 lighter.

Seems that he knew the play and came over the top,as they say. He reversed the Mini Moose patch and took our seed money.

You think that didn't hurt?

Perhaps I digress,I could tell you guys a 100 stories like this ,but I have been told to quit my ramblings

Last edited by deanoc; 02-04-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Old
  (#98)
dardusm
AzB Silver Member
dardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 04:53 AM

I read this quote in a book by Night Court's Harry Anderson that seems to apply to this situation:

"One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you're going to wind up with an ear full of cider."
Sky Masterson from Guys and Dolls

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. ~John Lennon

That's what a champion does, take their time in key situations ~ Scott Frost

Player: Holly/Ebony Custom Roach Cue
Breaker: Custom Roach Breaker
Jump: Custom Roach Jump Cue

Old
  (#99)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 05:11 AM

After reading all this I dont understand all the *****ing that goes on here every year about an under ranked player spending a year paying league fees just to score 1500. In Vegas .

Peanuts compared to the stories in this thread.

Old
  (#100)
SBC
Banned
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post

He's good buddys with 2 pros....I'm sure he can play a little! Funny with all the info online and such that people still getting hustled by the "millionaire who can't play routine"!

Old
  (#101)
De420MadHatter
SicBiNature
De420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner View Post
Unless RM pokes m real, real good i don't like his side, esp if Holm gets sideline help from GB
If Justin (roadman), is Justin Cone, he does poke em real, real, real, real, real, real, REAL, good 1 handed, jacked up, off the rail, etc..
I've watched him run 8 and out in 1 pocket, to the tune of $1600 of my dollars. He was playing another pro/semi-pro/road man who was also very good 1 handed. He wasn't JC good though.
This was at Billy's place in Dallas, around 2006 I believe.

Old
  (#102)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 06:27 AM

I remember a game of squeeze the zebra backfiring on me because the chummy got his pinky toe caught up behind his neck scruff. Man that was a case of the old wild mink getting a double Jimmy if I ever saw one...we laughed and laughed.

Seriously...there's actually a commission over this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#103)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner View Post
wasn't HOLM in with you when you lucked out and beat the case maker

Not so.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#104)
Z-Nole
AzB Silver Member
Z-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond reputeZ-Nole has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
You wanna whip everybody's @$$ on here, why didnt you whip some @$$ when it happened? You know, the people that actually robbed you. Lol

Seems to me you're the keyboard commando. Yeah, yeah, where am I we can discuss face to face blah, blah blah.
Jason
Exactly..........

Old
  (#105)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

02-04-2019, 07:04 AM

Wait Breedlove and Widow are divorced? Thatís about the only surprising thing in this entire thread.

Page 7 of 15 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: