Reload this Page Ordered a Ball Marker
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Ordered a Ball Marker
Old
  (#1)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Ordered a Ball Marker - 03-24-2019, 07:54 AM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079NH7MXT

Old
  (#2)
dardusm
AzB Silver Member
dardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-24-2019, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the link. I've just used a piece of chalk with one of the edges as the reference. This looks much more professional and might be more accurate. I might have to get one myself.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. ~John Lennon

That's what a champion does, take their time in key situations ~ Scott Frost

Player: Holly/Ebony Custom Roach Cue
Breaker: Custom Roach Breaker
Jump: Custom Roach Jump Cue

Old
  (#3)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardusm View Post
Thanks for the link. I've just used a piece of chalk with one of the edges as the reference. This looks much more professional and might be more accurate. I might have to get one myself.
If you use two pieces of chalk 90 degrees from each other it's quite accurate.

JC

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#4)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
03-24-2019, 08:22 AM

SO Exciting!!!

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-24-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
SO Exciting!!!
I cannot rep you for your obvious excitement.

Old
  (#6)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 08:35 AM

A ball marker should be able to provide several functions. Obviously it should let you hold a ball's position while cleaning it.

It should also allow you to measure whether a ball can be spotted. For this, the snooker markers are half a ball diameter in width in one direction. That's the wrong width for a pool ball.

It should help you to mark a ball's position and put a ball back in that position. Some of the snooker markers have a thin layer that is mostly under the ball with a small semi-circle cut out where the ball sits. It is fairly easy to mark the center of that small semi-circle after removing the ball. This function also allows you to spot a ball exactly on its spot when that's important and to see whether the center of the ball is to one side of a a line

It should allow you to see whether the edge of the ball is over a line. This is done by standing the marker on its edge and bringing the end up to the ball.

If you aren't interested in any of the secondary functions, two pieces of chalk work nicely. If you're going to the trouble of getting a ball marker, it may as well be a good one.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#7)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 12:21 PM

This one's a much better price ($4.73) and also includes with free shipping:

http://www.suntekstore.com/goods-130...Pool+Ball.html

Mine arrived from China less than a week after ordering, and it's not only beautiful, flawlessly clear acrylic, but it's dead-on accurate with regard to an extremely perfect fit against the standard 2 1/4 cue ball. Not a whisker of a gap.

Arnaldo
Name:  Ball position marker.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  25.7 KB

ďWhen the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and youíre down to your reflexes. Thatís where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, youíre gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.Ē Ė Joe ďSmokiní JoeĒ Frazier

Old
  (#8)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

03-24-2019, 12:34 PM

I have the one Arnaldo posted and love it. I use it at home all the time for the wwyd threads. If I see a situation I want to mark to practice, I slide this under the balls, and then put a doughnut in the center of the half circle of the clear plastic. It might seem like overkill, but itís way, way, way, easier to mark the balls this way then simply picking them up and sticking a doughnut underneath.

Old
  (#9)
MikeF
AzB Silver Member
MikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond reputeMikeF has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post

http://www.suntekstore.com/goods-130...Pool+Ball.html

Mine arrived from China less than a week after ordering, and it's not only beautiful, flawlessly clear acrylic, but it's dead-on accurate with regard to an extremely perfect fit against the standard 2 1/4 cue ball. Not a whisker of a gap.

Arnaldo
Attachment 516071
Thanks for the link. I just went ahead and bought one.

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs & Palmer (Model J)
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/Hammerhead tip
Jump Cue: Alex Brick
Case: JB leather

Old
  (#10)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

03-24-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I have the one Arnaldo posted and love it. I use it at home all the time for the wwyd threads. If I see a situation I want to mark to practice, I slide this under the balls, and then put a doughnut in the center of the half circle of the clear plastic. It might seem like overkill, but itís way, way, way, easier to mark the balls this way then simply picking them up and sticking a doughnut underneath.
I can't use doughnuts... I just end up eating them.

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#11)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Best ball marker I know of is from Gibbi Tkatch. Itís small butt has weight. Thereís an indent where you can use a finger to hold it down while you place or remove the ball.

Itís what you see being used at CSI events.

Freddie
Attached Images

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Last edited by Cornerman; 03-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Old
  (#12)
mnb
AzB Silver Member
mnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond reputemnb has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
Best ball marker I know of is from Gibbi Tkatch. Itís small butt has weight. Thereís an indent where you can use a finger to hold it down while you place or remove the ball.

Itís what you see being used at CSI events.

Freddie
where to purchase this?

Old
  (#13)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnb View Post
where to purchase this?
I contacted Gibbi directly. He works the Tiger booth at many shows, and heíll be a ref at the US Open 9-ball next month. You can find him on The Book of Faces.

Freddie <~~~ thatís old school

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#14)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post

Arnaldo
Attachment 516071
Is the width correct for measuring spot clearance?

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#15)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

03-24-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Is the width correct for measuring spot clearance?
Bob, I just measured mine with inch dial calipers. None of the dimensions are are close to any inch fraction. Then I switched to my metric dial calipers. The part was designed in mm. The dimensions are 80 mm x 40 mm x 12 mm. All 3 dims are pretty much on the nose (plus 0/minus .05 to .10 mm).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: