Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Worst Kind of Sharking
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-24-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
So, you start a thread, talk about a guy with the worse shark move around that does something disgusting. So, I agree with you and you still get pissy. holy shit, there is no winning with you...

Sorry, the places I play don't have guys puking in the pool hall, or pissing on the sidewalk. And if someone does puke in the parking lot, that's not really the same as puking right next to where I'm playing pool.

So, yeah, I don't like to play in dirty, dingy bars with folks blowing their nose on the carpet. If that makes me delicate, so be it, its' better than the alternative.

You have missed the point entirely.

It does not matter whether you're walking into the Ritz in Paris or the Four Seasons in NYC or into you local pool room in Chicago -- you have no idea (and probably are better off not knowing) what has transpired on the sidewalk you're on. Everything from people hawking goobers, blowing their noses, to dogs pissing, to who knows what. It is not a matter of dirty, dingy, bars.

So unless you have a troop of flower girls preceding you, spreading blossom petals everywhere you walk, you're still on the same shee-at as the rest of us, regardless of what someone is doing on a pool hall carpet to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#32)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 04:03 PM

I don't see the equivalence. Every time you chalk your cue you get chalk on the table or carpet.

I've never seen anybody chalk their cue with snot.

Old
  (#33)
Klink
AzB Silver Member
Klink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

07-25-2019, 06:45 AM

To go with the slow play thread. I was sharked pretty good by someone telling me I played to slow.

It was in my head the rest of the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#34)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
You have missed the point entirely.

It does not matter whether you're walking into the Ritz in Paris or the Four Seasons in NYC or into you local pool room in Chicago -- you have no idea (and probably are better off not knowing) what has transpired on the sidewalk you're on. Everything from people hawking goobers, blowing their noses, to dogs pissing, to who knows what. It is not a matter of dirty, dingy, bars.

So unless you have a troop of flower girls preceding you, spreading blossom petals everywhere you walk, you're still on the same shee-at as the rest of us, regardless of what someone is doing on a pool hall carpet to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Lou Figueroa
Thus, in your ridiculous comparison, you'd have no problem with someone wizzing on your shoes while you shoot. Or stepping in fresh puke on the floor. Brilliant reasoning. LOL

If the point is someone does shit that is disgusting and vile in my presence, I will not play them in pool, that you are right. Life's too short to play with cretins. I got better things to do.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#35)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Thus, in your ridiculous comparison, you'd have no problem with someone wizzing on your shoes while you shoot. Or stepping in fresh puke on the floor. Brilliant reasoning. LOL

If the point is someone does shit that is disgusting and vile in my presence, I will not play them in pool, that you are right. Life's too short to play with cretins. I got better things to do.

In my day I have seen folks throw cigarette butts and ash on the floor of the pool room, vomit, spill blood, drop food, beer, and soft drinks, and not everyone had a decent aiming system for the spittoons in some of the old rooms I'd occasionally play in in Montana.

Still, it's good to know we have at least one dainty snowflake left in the pool world.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#36)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

07-25-2019, 01:49 PM

I saw a drunken oaf the other night drop a “chicharone” or mex pork rind on the floor in my local bar, bend down and pick it up and eat that nasty ass thing with gusto....
Like to grossed me out!

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

“A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.”
Alexander Graham Bell

Old
  (#37)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
In my day I have seen folks throw cigarette butts and ash on the floor of the pool room, vomit, spill blood, drop food, beer, and soft drinks, and not everyone had a decent aiming system for the spittoons in some of the old rooms I'd occasionally play in in Montana.

Still, it's good to know we have at least one dainty snowflake left in the pool world.

Lou Figueroa
They didn't do that in my old man's pool room. And anyone that tried had to answer to him or even worse, his other partner Phil Gagliardo aka Race Track Phil.... .not many fuggers would tangle with either. I'm sure there are few folks that remember both of them. They are both gone now.

Dainty snowflake? hmmmm, well, after listening to your fat ass whine at Red Shoes for 30 minutes about your knee problem, I'd say you might be mistaken of who is "dainty". Never seen someone so afraid of minor knee surgery in my life. Military guy you say, huh? Obvious working behind a desk and not in the field, tough guy. LOL

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 07-26-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Old
  (#38)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

07-26-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
They didn't do that in my old man's pool room. And anyone that tried had to answer to him or even worse, his other partner Phil Gagliardo aka Race Track Phil.... .not many fuggers would tangle with either. I'm sure there are few folks that remember both of them. They are both gone now.

Dainty snowflake? hmmmm, well, after listening to your fat ass whine at Red Shoes for 30 minutes about your knee problem, I'd say you might be mistaken of who is "dainty". Never seen someone so afraid of minor knee surgery in my life. Military guy you say, huh? Obvious working behind a desk and not in the field, tough guy. LOL

No idea what you're blathering about, snowflake.

Right before that tournament I had read in the BJM that in a recent study, a year after surgery those that had it had the same outcome as those that didn't. So I decided to fade the pain from a badly torn meniscus. Now, a couple years later, I walk without pain and am about to go on a trip and crawl around Machu Picchu.

I'm sure you'd avoid a trip like that just to avoid inadvertently stepping in llama poop.

Lou Figueroa
RJ is so dainty

Last edited by lfigueroa; 07-30-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Old
  (#39)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

07-26-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
No idea what you're blathering about, snowflake.

Right before that tournament I had read in the BJM that in a recent study, a year after surgery those that had it had the same outcome as those that didn't. So I decided to to fade the pain from a badly torn meniscus. Now, a couple years later, I walk without pain and am about to go on a trip and crawl around Machu Picchu.

I'm sure you'd avoid a trip like that just to avoid inadvertently stepping in llama poop.

Lou Figueroa
RJ is so dainty
Yeah, I know all that, you whined about it for 30 minutes. Afraid of the surgery, what could happen, blah, blah, blah. As if I gave a shit about your knee. But, you kept whining. Poor Lou has a boo boo, won't you feel sorry for me.... awww.

ChicagoRJ
Lou is so whiny and bit of a coward

TZAR Tips now available.

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 07-26-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Old
  (#40)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 06:33 PM

the best player in town could cut the nine ball paper thin down the rail from 9 feet away , but never managed to hit the 55 gallon trash can they put right next to the front table so he could chew tobacco and spit in it.
The place was beautiful at one time , when he got done it looked like the La Brea tar pits.

Old
  (#41)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

07-26-2019, 06:41 PM

the best player in town could cut the nine ball paper thin down the rail from 9 feet away , but never managed to hit the 55 gallon trash can they put right next to the front table so he could chew tobacco and spit in it.
The place was beautiful at one time , when he got done it looked like the La Brea tar pits.
Amazing how much damage one idiot can do.

Old
  (#42)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

07-26-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know all that, you whined about it for 30 minutes. Afraid of the surgery, what could happen, blah, blah, blah. As if I gave a shit about your knee. But, you kept whining. Poor Lou has a boo boo, won't you feel sorry for me.... awww.

ChicagoRJ
Lou is so whiny and bit of a coward

Snowflake, people were wondering why I was limping around the table so I explained.

But back on topic: I think we all get that you’re extra sensitive around the pool room (apparently about a lot of things, lol). Thanks for your input.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#43)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

07-26-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by book collector View Post

I’ve seen something like that too.

All around the trash can the carpet was black from one tobacco chewer. It was pretty bad.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#44)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

07-27-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Snowflake, people were wondering why I was limping around the table so I explained.

But back on topic: I think we all get that you’re extra sensitive around the pool room (apparently about a lot of things, lol). Thanks for your input.

Lou Figueroa
Whiner, I was not wondering at all. Never asked anything. But, you had to explain why you played so bad. And then went in full detail about your boo boo. But, as soon as I saw you were a bit terrified of surgery, I did tell you that it's a cake walk, the knee doctor can't do anything to hurt you, you're perfectly safe. Then I mentioned, besides, it's the anesthesiologist that will kill you. You turned white as a ghost. Your wife smiled and immediately said don't scare him anymore than he already is. LOL

But, in essence, you started a thread about the worse sharking move ever, but have been arguing ever since that it's not that gross and not a big deal because everyone pukes and spits on the floor where you play. So, then why is it a "shark move" then? Wow. such logic. lol

TZAR Tips now available.

Old
  (#45)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

07-27-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Whiner, I was not wondering at all. Never asked anything. But, you had to explain why you played so bad. And then went in full detail about your boo boo. But, as soon as I saw you were a bit terrified of surgery, I did tell you that it's a cake walk, the knee doctor can't do anything to hurt you, you're perfectly safe. Then I mentioned, besides, it's the anesthesiologist that will kill you. You turned white as a ghost. Your wife smiled and immediately said don't scare him anymore than he already is. LOL

But, in essence, you started a thread about the worse sharking move ever, but have been arguing ever since that it's not that gross and not a big deal because everyone pukes and spits on the floor where you play. So, then why is it a "shark move" then? Wow. such logic. lol

OK, precious, obviously you are a very sensitive soul about many things.

I asked this morning and Gail remembers things differently, reminding me what a fanboy you were when you chased us out into the parking lot as we were leaving Red Shoes, lol. I’ll spare you her comment but Gail is very astute and she nailed it. I showed her your comments here and she simply said, “Told you.”

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: