Old
  (#256)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member
nodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-06-2019, 02:42 PM

No one has a response for the exactitude of every shot as far as tip time on the ball? How many decimal places does it reach before we agree that tip time may never be the same for any two shots ever hit?

Old
  (#257)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member
nodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
You still haven't explained why you bought a sanded down Revo...
I don't want a Revo, not because of the lower deflection it has, but because maple feels so natural. It is nice to not deflect the CB with a regular shaft. GL

Old
  (#258)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeflection View Post
Who is Steve.
Steve is the slightly racist and comical name given to white folks who look like narcotic officers/plain clothes on the streets of west Baltimore. If you have 3 or 4 clean cut county boys in a car you will often hear a loud chorus of “Steve! Steve! Steve!” And it will spread like wild fire, shutting down your action, whether it be nefarious or customertorial.

As far as tip contact time, it does seem unreasonable that all contacts would be the exact same time, but close enough as makes no anyhow. The idea that a longer contact time would somehow influence how the cue ball reacts, and even more delicious...influence how the object ball reacts when hit with this “over contacted” cue ball..this idea is creative thinking at its zenith. What’s zenith?

Old
  (#259)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

09-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
no
thats not what makes you look foolish
What is up with your bridge hand? Spread those fingers out.

Last edited by nodeflection; 09-06-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Old
  (#260)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

09-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Steve is the slightly racist and comical name given to white folks who look like narcotic officers/plain clothes on the streets of west Baltimore. If you have 3 or 4 clean cut county boys in a car you will often hear a loud chorus of “Steve! Steve! Steve!” And it will spread like wild fire, shutting down your action, whether it be nefarious or customertorial.

As far as tip contact time, it does seem unreasonable that all contacts would be the exact same time, but close enough as makes no anyhow. The idea that a longer contact time would somehow influence how the cue ball reacts, and even more delicious...influence how the object ball reacts when hit with this “over contacted” cue ball..this idea is creative thinking at its zenith. What’s zenith?
TY Steve I am then.

Zenith Pool, that will be the name of the publication. I will have to teach about 50 people I assume before I can have a great detailed explanation that will hold up over time to teach the masses. In fact if the people here don't get it I consider it my fault. I have more work to do not you all.

Old
  (#261)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
What is up with your bridge hand? Spread those fingers out.
Standard bridge for carom

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#262)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I would observe how long the tip is on the CB, how long the CB is on the OB, by how wide the path is of the cueball after contact on a center follow shot with a slight angle. If the tip is on the CB a long time then the CB "sticks" on the OB longer. Since the CB is on the OB ...
Again...the cue ball doesn't know what happened to propel it toward the object ball. Once it says goodbye to the cue ball it is spinning about an axis, has a definable momentum direction and immediately begins to react to the friction (whether the rolling variety or the sliding variety) of the table and takes the resuling path. It arrives at the object ball with a certain trajectory and somewhere between zero and lots of spin about an axis.

Can you explain how the cue ball magically stays on the object ball longer when its path was caused by your wiz bang ND stroke and not some "conventional" stroke that sent it on it's way with the exact same trajectory and rotation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by logical; 09-06-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Old
  (#263)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Again...the cue ball doesn't know what happened to propel it toward the object ball. Once it says goodbye to the cue ball it is spinning about an axis and immediately begins to react to the friction (whether the rolling variety or the sliding variety) of the table and takes thebresuling path. It arrives at the object ball with a trajectory and somewhere between zero and lots spin about an axis.

Can you explain how the cue ball magically stays on the object ball longer when its path was caused by your wiz bang ND stroke and not some "conventional" stroke that sent it on it's way with the exact same trajectory and rotation?

Just walk away. Remember the old saying about wrestling a pig?? The pig actually likes it and you'll get all muddy. This guy is a total goofball.

Old
  (#264)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Im too scared to play the big dogs.
Lots of open bar tournaments coming up.

Old
  (#265)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Lots of open bar tournaments coming up.
If he told this nonsense to ONE good player they'd laugh him out of the room. Love to see him demonstrate this "time-n-space bending" stroke of his.

Old
  (#266)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Just walk away. Remember the old saying about wrestling a pig?? The pig actually likes it and you'll get all muddy. This guy is a total goofball.
Thanks, but I know what I'm doing here.

Old
  (#267)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
If he told this nonsense to ONE good player they'd laugh him out of the room. Love to see him demonstrate this "time-n-space bending" stroke of his.
Troll= my very own personal entertainment. I don't mind humoring.

Old
  (#268)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Are you sure you don't mean, ''Kenneth, what is the frequency?''

Only people of a certain age are likely to get the reference. The rest of you are free to feel left behind while in front.

Steve, Steve, ... Does this refer to someone in Chicago who thought the universe of a particular cue maker? I'm getting an image of a small sheep for some reason....

Attachment 529103

Or maybe it's just an attack of synesthesia. I'm hungry all of a sudden. Where's the mint jelly?
Yes, that Steve. Because a thousand different things can happen in the millisecond that only special players can accomplish.

Freddie <~~~ not special

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#269)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
Yes, that Steve. Because a thousand different things can happen in the millisecond that only special players can accomplish.

Freddie <~~~ not special
Well, some of us are special, and I give classes in what happens in each microsecond and how to extend the time and get the most from each instant. You can even double the time if you know the secrets.

I only charge $50/microsecond, or $100/microsecond for the really important microseconds.

Old
  (#270)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

09-07-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I recently started thinking this way, and am posting because it worked. This brick house is ready for a huff and a puff.
I wasn't taking only specifically about this one idea that you have presented here.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 20 « First 8161718 1920

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: