Current posters who were around for RSB or alt.sport pool please sign in

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
February 2004, WOW just saw the picture, like Michael Stipe said "That's me in the corner!"

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello to all still around. Larry sorry to hear about your eye.

I was active for a few years, as Dean Boulding and Jakarta Dean IIRC. I loved that group.

There were a couple of eras not on Hamster's list. Ron Sheppard and others trying to convince Bambu that an object ball doesn't curve. For a couple of months it seemed. Zen Dave was tolerated, then he wasn't for reasons that escape me.

In the "small world" department, I've moved back to Toronto and will play with Gideon tonight.

Also in the small world department, Mrs. Hamster (Dave Malone's wife, Ortelia) has also played in the same league (and on my team at the time).

And for those curious, here are some photos from two RSB GWN (Great White North) events in Toronto. http://proislebruce.freeservers.com/photo.html which include photos of two RSBs that are no longer with us - Donald Tees and Paul Mon. RIP, gentlemen.

I also found my first post from 1998 (twenty years ago!!!!), when I was answering a thread about Toronto started by Jimbo. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...e/rec.sport.billiard/MOAaka_6CNE/QDvq7_pCt4MJ

DeanBoulding

Also in the small world department, Mrs. Hamster (Dave Malone's wife, Ortelia) has also played in the same league (and on my team at the time).

And for those curious, here are some photos from two RSB GWN (Great White North) events in Toronto. http://proislebruce.freeservers.com/photo.html which include photos of two RSBs that are no longer with us - Donald Tees and Paul Mon. RIP, gentlemen.

I also found my first post from 1998 (twenty years ago!!!!), when I was answering a thread about Toronto started by Jimbo. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s...e/rec.sport.billiard/MOAaka_6CNE/QDvq7_pCt4MJ

Well, I found my *last* post, (not counting a dead-time check-in) near this one from 2011: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.sport.billiard/D1vI0W9h9mQ/-6HLJ9tro-kJ I never get to play Mika these days...

I had forgotten all about that. I did spend a few hours reminiscing through the posts.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Windy City Occasional.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• WCO1.jpg
    WCO1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 219

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seem to remember being on rsb before GUI, when it was text based. I''m not sure now. I was there for quite a while and Google doesn't go back far enough to check. Definitely in the early or mid '90s though.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you ID the people in the photos? I think I see Ron Shepard and Deno Andrews (and Lou) but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Ever get an "insufficient memory" message?

Yes, Ron and Deno are there and behind me is a Pat Johnson. Then I run out of...

Lou Figueroa
Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
My first post was in January of 98. I went to a couple of the get-togethers when I could but my job at the time moved me all over so it was hard to keep any kind of schedule.

I post now and then but mostly just lurk these days. I've met a lot of good people since and I've seen too many leave us for the big game in the sky. I smile a little when I see someone new to the board say something inane and brash because I remember being them. I laugh thinking back about meeting Smorg at the BCA expo in Orlando and hearing him talk about, "newbies", on RSB. I'd never heard that word said aloud before then and smiled. He was a good soul.

I came across this post having seen PJ was banned again and tried to figure out how this time. If you're reading this Patrick, you should already know I write it with a smile.

Between now and then, stay well everyone.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I started playing pool somewhat seriously around 2000. My first post to rsb looks to be around 2002, talking about my Pechauer cue which I have to this day. Since then, I have met many from rsb and AZ.

pltrgyst

Registered
Yes, Ron and Deno are there and behind me is a Pat Johnson. Then I run out of...

Hmmm -- that's me at the extreme right. Hi, Lou!

Still hanging in there, though with 12 posts in 15 years, you'd never know it!

Oh, and hi to Jam, Eric, Ron, Pat, Deno and any of the old RSB crew who might hang out here.

Yes, I came originally from NJ (Miz country), and then lived for 30 years in Alexandria, VA. I remember bumping into Jam and saying hi at a couple of tournaments in the DC area -- maybe one in Shirlington?

I remember meeting up with Deno and Pat and shooting a bit when in Chicago for business in the years after the Hamster meet-up and the Jimbo Jambo. And shooting some with Bill and Becky in Florida, near Melbourne.

Retired in 2011, and we moved to Florida in 2013, just south of Tampa, where I had somehow bumped into Smorg at a poker tournament -- small world, indeed.

Can't shoot any more since the right eye problem, but still have 20-30 cues, including the Santos one from the Toronto get together. I still play tennis competitively, but can't shoot pool -- go figure...

Larry (the slow one)

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can you ID the people in the photos? I think I see Ron Shepard and Deno Andrews (and Lou) but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Tracy Beal, Deno Andrews, Jim Eales, Ron Shepard, Pat Johnson, Lou Figueroa, Phil Citrone, and pltrgyst Larry

(I know Larry’s last name, but don’t recall him ever sharing it!).

Freddie <~~~ not there